'Murica! (29 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Lake Nyos disaster?
All those people died primarily because of asphyxiation. Since CO2 is heavier than O2 and N2 it displaces air near the ground, starving the person from oxygen. Note that this usually happens at CO2 concentrations above 5% or 50,000 ppm, which is more than a thousand times the current atmospheric level of 400 ppm. SO2, on the other hand can be dangerous at concentrations of even 5 ppm.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
All those people died primarily because of asphyxiation. Since CO2 is heavier than O2 and N2 it displaces air near the ground, starving the person from oxygen. Note that this usually happens at CO2 concentrations above 5% or 50,000 ppm, which more than a thousand times the current atmospheric level of 400 ppm. SO2, on the other hand can be dangerous at concentrations of even 5 ppm.
I see. Thank you for that explanation.

I guess my point is that we know very high doses of CO2 are not going to be healthy for people. I don't understand why people would try to make the point that they are harmless.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I can't imagine how difficult it must be to post on a forum using only a 14.4kbps modem which is the only means available to connect to the internet in such a poor country. Bless your heart, Borat.

Poor poor Macedonia...
They must have ridiculous amounts of fruit though. No fast internet perhaps, but pineapples for everyone and you know what that means.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's not.

But who is going to tell him that it isn't ok? People in his administration? Right.

Congress? As if he cares

The American People? See "Congress"

- - - Updated - - -

I can't imagine how difficult it must be to post on a forum using only a 14.4kbps modem which is the only means available to connect to the internet in such a poor country. Bless your heart, Borat.

Poor poor Macedonia...
It took two weeks for that post to show up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)