'Murica! (43 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
This is all so weird for me and I'm in fucking Belgium. I can't imagine what it must be like to have to live through this in the US. Imagine being a muslim immigrant in the US at this moment in time.

- - - Updated - - -

And this dude talking about gay rights and premarital sex.. I mean, as if what he does politically isn't bad enough, you also just know the Donald is a sexual deviant of the worst sort.

- - - Updated - - -

Any thoughts on your leader, @Bjerknes? The reason you were gloating in November? Remember? Still a fan?
I believe many of those also voted for him.

Pretty weird to see such reactions though, some people are mad like Trump got 3% of the votes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I doubt that.

I mean many in the absolute sense of course, but I'd be surprised if more than a few percent of US muslims voted for Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cair.com/images/pdf/CAIR_2016_Election_Report.pdf

4% according to this.

I know polls haven't exactly been proven to be reliable, but it's not much more than that for sure.
I thought there'd be at least double that. Still, I wonder how they feel right now after their vote.

And also, it's just shocking to see so many WTFs after such a short period of time. He got so many votes. It's just a weird situation, or it's just me being crazy.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
30% of Asians and Hispanics voted for him, which is pretty surprising imo.
Two of my Chinese-American friends voted him because "he'd force US companies out of China so local businesses in China would thrive and environment would be affected less". In other words, they felt more Chinese than American in their minds and thought Trump's presidency would help China.

Hispanics I guess don't want more of themselves in the country :D

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I thought there'd be at least double that. Still, I wonder how they feel right now after their vote.

And also, it's just shocking to see so many WTFs after such a short period of time. He got so many votes. It's just a weird situation, or it's just me being crazy.
There's always a few really strange people though. I mean there are blacks in the KKK, or look at that Milo guy.

And I think I already said it somewhere before: Trump is easily the most absurd thing that has happened in my lifetime. Maybe not necessarily the worst thing, but the most absurd for sure.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Trump got anti-establishment votes. Those same people would have voted for Sanders too.

If the DNC nominated Sanders they would have got all the democrats + the anti-establishment crowd and the election would have lasted 10 minutes.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Two of my Chinese-American friends voted him because "he'd force US companies out of China so local businesses in China would thrive and environment would be affected less". In other words, they felt more Chinese than American in their minds and thought Trump's presidency would help China.
Kind of silly, actually. Most national Chinese, at least the younger generations, don't see the US as being very relevant in the future... the act of "helping China" suggests otherwise.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Ultimate proof that Trump is right and immigrants destroy the country :baus:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There's always a few really strange people though. I mean there are blacks in the KKK, or look at that Milo guy.

And I think I already said it somewhere before: Trump is easily the most absurd thing that has happened in my lifetime. Maybe not necessarily the worst thing, but the most absurd for sure.
Trump won't be the worst thing that will happen in life. But he just might be for a number of people.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Hispanics I guess don't want more of themselves in the country :D
And now Trump wants to wage war on China?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Berkeley Police chief: “This university was essentially invaded by more than 100 individuals clad in ninja-like uniforms who were armed and engaged in paramilitary tactics. They were implementing a very clear plan to engage in violence, disruption and property destruction.”

Looks like there's some money behind this.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Berkeley Police chief: “This university was essentially invaded by more than 100 individuals clad in ninja-like uniforms who were armed and engaged in paramilitary tactics. They were implementing a very clear plan to engage in violence, disruption and property destruction.”

Jihadists in Syria?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Arnie just trashed the Donald. :lol:

Plus, Arnie's spokesman later released: “Arnold is praying that President Trump can start improving his own approval ratings, which were the worst in history for an incoming president, by taking his job seriously and working inclusively.”
@Marc

:D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Looks like the alt-right is behind this :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)