'Murica! (34 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I have health insurance from my work.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, great is subjective but I've gone to school with immigrants from all over the world who went on to achieve great things. The opportunity is there. The low socio-economic thing is not exactly true. My parents brought me here with very little, I never had the latest phone or any video game systems or a big house like all my friends. A lot of kids I was close with in high school ended up getting into drugs and jail but that was 100% due to their actions. I was determined in school and we took the same classes. I ended up going to engineering college and busting my ass trying to find a job even when I was hopeless and they took the drug dealing way. My parents worked two jobs and theirs took government assistance.

Now we are on completely different situations and it is all due to different upbringings and approaches to life. It is different if you're raised on a shit hole of a city but for the vast majority of people, the opportunities are there. I've met kids from North Philly who have been able to overcome their environment. It is all about approach and the opportunities are there for mostly everyone.

Is the US perfect? No. Is it great? I think so.
Anecdotal evidence.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
So, um, Trump is going to make America great again by focusing on fossil fuels?

Any thoughts, @Bjerknes?
Hes going to bring back coal specifically.

But in order to do that hell need to stomp on the oil and gas industries. Should make for some interesting lobby wars in DC.

happybum

Oct 23, 2014
Hillary up by >1 million votes.

What a $#@!ty electoral system. Time to reform.
Lol wth. They campaigned for the electoral college. Those were the rules. If the game was to get the popular vote, they would spend all their time in California, New York, Texas, Florida and not Iowa, North Carolina, etc...

The faulty assumption is that in a popular vote election, the results would be the same, which is wrong. In the electoral college, all the time is spent in swing states.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Lol wth. They campaigned for the electoral college. Those were the rules. If the game was to get the popular vote, they would spend all their time in California, New York, Texas, Florida and not Iowa, North Carolina, etc...

The faulty assumption is that in a popular vote election, the results would be the same, which is wrong. In the electoral college, all the time is spent in swing states.
What's your point exactly?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Yeah it's stupid to contest it now, but I'd still try to remove it (or at least amend it with electoral votes being allocated proportionally) for the next election.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Exactly. Electoral college and especially winner take all system in 48 states is stupid, but not because dubya and Donald. There no guarantee that HRC would've won the popular vote if it was the game.
Anyway there's no point bitching about it since there's zero chance that it is abolished in a divided political environment like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)