'Murica! (59 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I didn't even catch that

Among the developed countries, the US is just about the lowest taxed country ffs

- - - Updated - - -

That is actually true.

I mean the media gave him attention at the beginning, and they've been doing a horrible job of actually informing the public during the past few years, but I never found the idea of them directly sponsoring Trump's rise with their coverage of him very convincing.

Of course they did certainly play a huge role in creating the political and social climate that enabled Trump in the long term.

I see you have absolutely no idea what a police state actually is.

Do they though? I don't really think so.

Imagine any other politician had the same unprecedented quantity and quality of scandals, I don't think they'd be going any more or less hard on him/her either.

He gets a lot of negative coverage for sure, but that doesn't mean that there's any particular intrinsical bias against him.
You can't say ridiculous shit to get about a billion dollars worth of free media coverage, and then complain that they in turn used you.
I have no issue with them exposing every lie or heinous fact he ever spoke or committed. They should make it obvious that this is not a man worthy of being president.

But some semblance of objectivity has to be maintained. I think it's problematic when they literally speak out against Trump and tell people not to vote for him.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I have no issue with them exposing every lie or heinous fact he ever spoke or committed. They should make it obvious that this is not a man worthy of being president.

But some semblance of objectivity has to be maintained. I think it's problematic when they literally speak out against Trump and tell people not to vote for him.
b-but drumpf is stupid, he said pussy and he can't be trusted with the nuclear codes! only morons vote for drumpf! a vote for drumpf is a vote for nuclear war!

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
How can anyone trust these highly esteemed news outlets, CNN, New York Times, Washington post (even the ones on the other side of the pond, The Guardian, etc.) with anything they say, ever again, is beyond me. I mean they've literally taken what was left of journalistic objectivity, and flushed it down the toilet. They've shown their true colors as a bunch of thugs manipulating people to achieve their own goals.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How can anyone trust these highly esteemed news outlets, CNN, New York Times, Washington post (even the ones on the other side of the pond, The Guardian, etc.) with anything they say, ever again, is beyond me. I mean they've literally taken what was left of journalistic objectivity, and flushed it down the toilet. They've shown their true colors as a bunch of thugs manipulating people to achieve their own goals.
Their own goals is profit and nothing else. It's up to the reader / viewer to dissect and process anything they say instead of just cry foul automatically. For example most segments in CNN are complete jokes, theater basically, but they have few decent programs worth watching and getting something worthwhile of.

What do you read/watch for news?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Objectivity is maintained by the consumer with his choice to turn off the tv, i don't follow any mainstream media and tbh i don't know who or what you are referring to. But it's pretty naive to think mainstream media are adhering to standards of objectivity, it's first and foremost a business.

- - - Updated - - -

Their own goals is profit and nothing else. It's up to the reader / viewer to dissect and process anything they say instead of just cry foul automatically. For example most segments in CNN are complete jokes, theater basically, but they have few decent programs worth watching and getting something worthwhile of.

What do you read/watch for news?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Exactly :tup:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

lol

BayernMan12

Jul 13, 2013
If you got any real informative substance from Trump's debate you need to rethink what you consider "intellectual" or facts.....if you think Trump isn't the "elite" just cause he is in NY and not D.C. then I don't know if anyone can help you.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Lol sure

- - - Updated - - -

If you got any real informative substance from Trump's debate you need to rethink what you consider "intellectual" or facts.....if you think Trump isn't the "elite" just cause he is in NY and not D.C. then I don't know if anyone can help you.
That's why we call them simply, morons

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Do they have any goal other than higher circulation/ratings?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Objectivity is maintained by the consumer with his choice to turn off the tv, i don't follow any mainstream media and tbh i don't know who or what you are referring to. But it's pretty naive to think mainstream media are adhering to standards of objectivity, it's first and foremost a business.
It's not. Obviously newspapers will always be a little more left or a little more right. And I don't mind that much. Literally asking people not to vote for a candidate is not decent behaviour though.

BayernMan12

Jul 13, 2013
It's not. Obviously newspapers will always be a little more left or a little more right. And I don't mind that much. Literally asking people not to vote for a candidate is not decent behaviour though.
They literally crucified Obama because some reverend said some racist shit before, the media is always looking for stories, unfortunately for Trump and his supporters they are on the wrong side of the scandal.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They literally crucified Obama because some reverend said some racist shit before, the media is always looking for stories, unfortunately for Trump and his supporters they are on the wrong side of the scandal.
You can go out, make stories, but there's always a line. Explicitly telling people not to vote for a candidate is well past it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 43)