'Murica! (162 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Hell, my health insurance used to cost me $180 a month, plus a $30 copay, plus whatever the prescription was, plus you of course have to pay up to the deductible. You could have raised my taxes an obscene amount to pay for universal healthcare and I would still come out better off economically.

And maybe I wouldn't have to worry about getting stabbed on the train by some deranged asshole, so that would be pretty nice.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I feel like if you cut military spending and close tax loopholes that corporations use, you’ll have a lot more available for free healthcare and affordable education. So pretty much take a page out of Northern European countries.
You can keep thinking that, but there's a reason why nobody actually lays out the financial framework for these programs. The first rule of project management is defining scope and cost, and these freaks can't even do that because it would not be feasible.

- - - Updated - - -

And Trump is creating bigger government deficits than Obama by gifting massive tax breaks to corporations and the rich.

Hardly the small government/balanced budget he promised. :baus:

Bernie may be a screwball, but considering you voted for Trump, you hardly have a reason to be ridiculing those who support Bernie. Opposite extremes of American politics, Trump and Bernie.
It doesn't really matter who I voted for. We're talking about government programs that have costs associated with them that would leave them unfunded within just a couple years. Trump is expanding the national debt because he's just like any other politician who refuses to cut spending. The only way Bernie Sanders could possibly pay for his "free" nonsense is by having the Fed print money willy nilly, which would destroy the economy. So while Trump is full of shit, his shit is far more measurable than Bernie Sanders'. In fact, a win for me would be gridlock in the House and Senate, and a second Trump term where the biggest problem we face is flooded streets from SJW tears.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And Trump and his cronies knowhow to fiscally plan and lay out a financial framework? :lol:

He promised a ton of shit his government doesn’t have the revenues for, than decreased his government’s revenue further with massive tax cuts.

And just in case you want to argue numbers, there is no arguing the ridiculous deficit spending going on, which republicans bashed Obama for endlessly even though it was to a far lesser degree. This with Obama coming to power during a massive recession, and Trump coming to power with several years of economic growth before him.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/02/01/trumps-deficits-are-racing-past-obamas/

Fiscal conservatism has long been a myth of the Republican Party, and now it is dead.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
And Trump and his cronies knowhow to fiscally plan and lay out a financial framework? :lol:

He promised a ton of shit his government doesn’t have the revenues for, than decreased his government’s revenue further with massive tax cuts.

And just in case you want to argue numbers, there is no arguing the ridiculous deficit spending going on, which republicans bashed Obama for endlessly even though it was to a far lesser degree. This with Obama coming to power during a massive recession, and Trump coming to power with several years of economic growth before him.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/02/01/trumps-deficits-are-racing-past-obamas/

Fiscal conservatism has long been a myth of the Republican Party, and now it is dead.
The only specific thing he said was that Mexico will pay for the wall, which turned out to be a lie. He also said his health insurance is going to be great.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You can keep thinking that, but there's a reason why nobody actually lays out the financial framework for these programs. The first rule of project management is defining scope and cost, and these freaks can't even do that because it would not be feasible.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't really matter who I voted for. We're talking about government programs that have costs associated with them that would leave them unfunded within just a couple years. Trump is expanding the national debt because he's just like any other politician who refuses to cut spending. The only way Bernie Sanders could possibly pay for his "free" nonsense is by having the Fed print money willy nilly, which would destroy the economy. So while Trump is full of shit, his shit is far more measurable than Bernie Sanders'. In fact, a win for me would be gridlock in the House and Senate, and a second Trump term where the biggest problem we face is flooded streets from SJW tears.
Fair enough. I just don’t see it as such, considering deficit is likely gonna hit 4% of gdp under trump by end of 2020 which is rather absurd given we’re in economic boom times. He’s basically giving handouts to the ultra-rich... and spending out of control at the same time.

Win for me is a moderate democrat. An Andrew Yang or Bloomberg would be great, but the Democrat party has gone off the deep end. Still, anything is better than a second term of Trump imo. So we differ there.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I agree with much of what you said, but we're talking about social programs that would probably cost roughly 25% of GDP.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I agree with much of what you said, but we're talking about social programs that would probably cost roughly 25% of GDP.
:tup:

Yeah, Bernie is off his rocker with a lot of this stuff, and so is the young, “progressive for the sake of being progressive”, wing of the Democratic Party (AOC, etc). I still think even with Bernie they’d end up doing very little of what he’s talking about. Even with a wealth tax, inheritance tax, and small rise back up in corporate tax, it’s not feasible. And congress, even democratic, will not pass a quarter of what he wants.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these progressive spending plans modelled on European social democrat type countries realize the unique challenges facing countries the geographical size of Canada/US... it’s just not feasible to implement a lot of the stuff that goes on over there, even if a fair amount of it would be fantastic for the average citizen. Reality is important.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Ive seen that and tbh i dont understand how the black community is so manipulated into viewing buttegieg as some disconnected elite but overwhelmingly voted for Clinton and now support Biden? i remember similar attacks to discredit Sanders despite the fact he was far more progressive on racial equality throughoyt his career then clinton or her husband ever were.

it almost seems like intentional misinformation is guiding folks.
Lets take things a step further and view what black people even further to the left think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)