'Murica! (154 Viewers)

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Lol at people being proud of their nationality.

There might be lot of things of which people can be proud in their lifes, but being proud of a random fact like nationality is ridiculous.

And this african instagram-guy should rather be ashamed of his post than proud of being african. What a dumbass.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
What's wrong with being proud of your nationality (not that I agree with it)? Even if you weren't part of the achievements of your country, it's a part of who you are.

Like you can be proud of other things about yourself that you didn't achieve. For example, you can be proud of being good looking or intelligent. You know, things you were born with.

Or you can be proud of your little brother for his success in exams, even if you didn't contribute to it.

"Pride is a feeling of satisfaction which you have because you or people close to you have done something good or possess something good."

So I can see how Hustini could get a feeling of satisfaction believing he's a part of what he thinks is a great nation, even if he was lucky for it to happen.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Lol, I'm proud to be a good looking guy. @Lion

That's rubbish too, unless you're a plastic surgeon and you've made the surgery on you by yourself.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
What's wrong with being proud of your nationality (not that I agree with it)? Even if you weren't part of the achievements of your country, it's a part of who you are.
Because it's down to pure luck, why would you be proud of it? People acting like pricks and think they are better than others simply because they were born in another country.

Sidenote: I absolutely hate those bandwagon "fans" during worldcup weeks. People who don't ever give a fuck about football, suddenly draw a germany flag into their faces and are waving flags. Because DEUTSCHLAND!!!

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Because it's down to pure luck, why would you be proud of it? People acting like pricks and think they are better than others simply because they were born in another country.

Sidenote: I absolutely hate those bandwagon "fans" during worldcup weeks. People who don't ever give a fuck about football, suddenly draw a germany flag into their faces and are waving flags. Because DEUTSCHLAND!!!
Doesn't matter if it's luck, you can still have a sense of satisfaction being a part of something you think is greater than yourself. And you don't have to be a prick about it.

Again, not saying I agree with it, but I understand how someone could feel that way.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
it's simple tribalism. humans need to belong. we aren't the independent individuals, we liek to think we are.

we even see this tribalism on 'tuz. human nature at its simplest.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It’s not always about money. But I’ve said that over and over again but cool, I’m brainwashed :tup:

Neither of you live here but lecture us. Why?

What? You're an American and you're complaining about people from other countries questioning your politics?

Have you, seriously, have you any notion of how fucked up that is? You've gone to fucking war because of so called 'human interventions', but now you're angry people don't automatically agree with you the US is the best country ever?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What? You're an American and you're complaining about people from other countries questioning your politics?

Have you, seriously, have you any notion of how fucked up that is? You've gone to fucking war because of so called 'human interventions', but now you're angry people don't automatically agree with you the US is the best country ever?
:sergio:

How can you be a lawyer and interpret what I said as you questioning politics? Get off your high horse already. I was talking about my interpretation of the American Dream and what it means to me and low and behold you guys come in slamming me for it it claiming I’m brainwashed.

I said nothing political. I get lawyers make it a point to try and twist words to fit an argument but come on, at least try.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:sergio:

How can you be a lawyer and interpret what I said as you questioning politics? Get off your high horse already. I was talking about my interpretation of the American Dream and what it means to me and low and behold you guys come in slamming me for it it claiming I’m brainwashed.

I said nothing political. I get lawyers make it a point to try and twist words to fit an argument but come on, at least try.

How can you not see that this is about politics? What the fuck do you think it is about?

Also, over the last few pages we have disproven you time and time again, and all you've come up with so far is 'but it's my dream'. Doesn't change the fact it sucks balls for millions of people.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Doesn't matter if it's luck, you can still have a sense of satisfaction being a part of something you think is greater than yourself. And you don't have to be a prick about it.

Again, not saying I agree with it, but I understand how someone could feel that way.
Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

How can you not see that this is about politics? What the fuck do you think it is about?

Also, over the last few pages we have disproven you time and time again, and all you've come up with so far is 'but it's my dream'. Doesn't change the fact it sucks balls for millions of people.
You haven’t disproven anything, all you have is an opinion from something that I feel. Again, it’s not about politics and yet here you are doing everything in your power to make it about politics. Whether Hilliary or trump, Dem or Republican nothing would have changed my goals or objectives I have for my life.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

Because he is talking about his own dream which isn't 'the american dream', but 'Hustini's dream'. He just isn't aware that he can't generalise his own dream to 'the american dream'. In any other words he is talking feelings and "me, me, me", while you and the rest of us are talking about the idea called 'the american dream'.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You haven’t disproven anything, all you have is an opinion from something that I feel. Again, it’s not about politics and yet here you are doing everything in your power to make it about politics. Whether Hilliary or trump, Dem or Republican nothing would have changed my goals or objectives I have for my life.

Are you aware that the American Dream is a concept outside of you personally?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Dream

Maybe you need to read something about this first, dude. And yes, it's about politics. Deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Because he is talking about his own dream which isn't 'the american dream', but 'Hustini's dream'. He just isn't aware that he can't generalise his own dream to 'the american dream'. In any other words he is talking feelings and "me, me, me", while you and the rest of us are talking about the idea called 'the american dream'.
No wonder they elect a narcissist..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It encompasses everyone here as a Dream for everyone individually. Some people believe it, others don’t.

opportunity for prosperity and success
Pretty vague statement don’t you think? Depends on the individuals interpretation of what prosperity and success is for them. I think that is something you should be able to wrap your head around. Nothing political about it and certainly isn’t political for me. Might be to you, if that’s the case then that’s your problem not mine.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It encompasses everyone here as a Dream for everyone individually. Some people believe it, others don’t.

Pretty vague statement don’t you think? Depends on the individuals interpretation of what prosperity and success is for them. I think that is something you should be able to wrap your head around. Nothing political about it and certainly isn’t political for me. Might be to you, if that’s the case then that’s your problem not mine.

You seem to fundamentally misunderstand that the debate about the American Dream simply isn't the debate about your personal dream. The question here is if it is true that the American society as a whole provides more chances for its individual citizens than other societies. You, Hustini, are not be-all and end-all. You are just 1 American.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Since you posted a wiki link:

Sometimes the Dream is identified with success in sports...
One of its sources said that. Did it have anything to do with politics? Again, down to the individual level it’s how one interprets it.

“Sometimes the Dream is identified”....sounds to me it can change from person to person.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
You seem to fundamentally misunderstand that the debate about the American Dream simply isn't the debate about your personal dream. The question here is if it is true that the American society as a whole provides more chances for its individual citizens than other societies. You, Hustini, are not be-all and end-all. You are just 1 American.
It does, but only if you are lucky enough to be in the right circumstances. If you're a middle class American with access to healthcare and higher education, the American dream can become a reality. The problem is that a large chunk of people in the country do not get these opportunities.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Since you posted a wiki link:

One of its sources said that. Did it have anything to do with politics? Again, down to the individual level it’s how one interprets it.

“Sometimes the Dream is identified”....sounds to me it can change from person to person.

Dude, I hope you're just taking the piss.

I'm going to have to end the debate with you here, because you've moved the goalposts so often the debate has become muddy and now you're debating about even the most obvious of things. This was never about your life only. Why you must insist on making it such is a mystery to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 154)