'Murica! (153 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
If you have dozens of different communities, and one of them integrated significantly worse then the others, the problem is culture, not the goverment.

Not properly adressing the huge issue of the black lives matter biggot racists, and thus not caring about the 5:1 chance of a black male beeing mudered by another black male rather then a white male, is the worst, amongst many, mistake Obama made.

Ffs, after the police officers got murdered his speech was utter garbage and of all people, George W. Bush made a much better speech.
Already a Trump convert?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Already a Trump convert?
Oh no. I just explain why people voted him. Apparently this results in getting called a Trump supporter everywhere.

People voting Trump should act as a wakeup call. We have that in Europe aswel, when suddenly a big amount of people start to vote extreme right
Why, are they racists ? No. left and center dont accept when you question migration for example, or have concerns. So they turn to only party that does.

In the US, the predominant prog leftist media is very hard on these opinions. People who had concerns about migration and want to voice them, or about political correctness, rampant feminism, etc had exactly 1 candidate to turn to. Trump was the single candidate who dared to tackle migration.

instead of recognising what the people think (we have 40% and higher voting extreme right in europe at some places, its not just the US, its a trend), they chose to ignore it alltogheter and campaign to make Trump voters look like biggot racist rednecks

Well Hoori, if they dont change that, expect 8 years of Trump.

I wanted a different conservative candidate, but Trump murdered him in the debate when he got cocky

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Oh no. I just explain why people voted him. Apparently this results in getting called a Trump supporter everywhere.

People voting Trump should act as a wakeup call. We have that in Europe aswel, when suddenly a big amount of people start to vote extreme right
Why, are they racists ? No. left and center dont accept when you question migration for example, or have concerns. So they turn to only party that does.

In the US, the predominant prog leftist media is very hard on these opinions. People who had concerns about migration and want to voice them, or about political correctness, rampant feminism, etc had exactly 1 candidate to turn to. Trump was the single candidate who dared to tackle migration.

instead of recognising what the people think (we have 40% and higher voting extreme right in europe at some places, its not just the US, its a trend), they chose to ignore it alltogheter and campaign to make Trump voters look like biggot racist rednecks

Well Hoori, if they dont change that, expect 8 years of Trump.

I wanted a different conservative candidate, but Trump murdered him in the debate when he got cocky
You said integration problems is because of culture. As it stands, it's a superficial and bigoted argument.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well, I'm more about social inclusion, but please elaborate.
Integration is telling the other culture you are insignificant and need to just forget your backward ways to adopt ours, one can be a well functioning citizen with plenty of social contribution without genuflecting to the will of the supposed majority which is basically just a marketing construct, because culture now is really how and how much you spend your money.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Integration is telling the other culture you are insignificant and need to just forget your backward ways to adopt ours, one can be a well functioning citizen with plenty of social contribution without genuflecting to the will of the supposed majority which is basically just a marketing construct, because culture now is really how and how much you spend your money.
I agree from the overall perspective, but I don't think you're describing integration here, but assimilation.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
2 things

1) Integrating is about morals and value's. Like i've said you dont need to leave your culture at the nation/continents border. You do in your free time as you please. When you enter a western civilisation, its expected you respect the separation of religion and state/law. Its expected you accept the equal rights for male and female. That you accept the basics of what is physical harrassment and not. That you learn one of the nations languages to communicate with others (or english imo.

If you for example are a jew that wants to pray to jerusalem 5 times per day, go to church, still speak own language to relatives, wants to wear a kippah, Thats fine.
Same if you are muslim, christian, or whatever religion. (since this mostly turns our to a religion debate).

its about beeing able to be a supporting member of the community, and not just take from it. Hasidic jews were mentionned. They add by paying taxes and not live off wellfare, and can express themselves in a domestic language.

2) Adapting to a new culture in order to comply with the above should be a natural thing. If you cannot accept women rights (the current ones, not US leftie feminist crap), separation of religion and law, you dont have to come here.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
2 things

1) Integrating is about morals and value's. Like i've said you dont need to leave your culture at the nation/continents border. You do in your free time as you please. When you enter a western civilisation, its expected you respect the separation of religion and state/law. Its expected you accept the equal rights for male and female. That you accept the basics of what is physical harrassment and not. That you learn one of the nations languages to communicate with others (or english imo.

If you for example are a jew that wants to pray to jerusalem 5 times per day, go to church, still speak own language to relatives, wants to wear a kippah, Thats fine.
Same if you are muslim, christian, or whatever religion. (since this mostly turns our to a religion debate).

its about beeing able to be a supporting member of the community, and not just take from it. Hasidic jews were mentionned. They add by paying taxes and not live off wellfare, and can express themselves in a domestic language.

2) Adapting to a new culture in order to comply with the above should be a natural thing. If you cannot accept women rights (the current ones, not US leftie feminist crap), separation of religion and law, you dont have to come here.
No you are wrong, you dmt know the definition of the words and concepts you use. Furthermore what you describe is criminal and therefore affords citizens a protection against it, it is really just the usual murking of the waters used by far right politicians.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Wrong, it's the other way around, you can assimilate without integrating
I don't know about that in the way I think about integration vs assimilation. Integration doesn't necessarily present one entity has having zero mass or momentum compared with the other, resulting in an integration state that's offset from the status quo.

Maybe I think too much like a former physicist about this, but without integration Italian cuisine would not have tomatoes or spaghetti. Cajun food would not exist. And maybe that's just a food example, but that's something I would still call culturally significant. We couldn't make jokes about Luca Toni covered in pizza sauce without cultural integration.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't know about that in the way I think about integration vs assimilation. Integration doesn't necessarily present one entity has having zero mass or momentum compared with the other, resulting in an integration state that's offset from the status quo.

Maybe I think too much like a former physicist about this, but without integration Italian cuisine would not have tomatoes or spaghetti. Cajun food would not exist. And maybe that's just a food example, but that's something I would still call culturally significant. We couldn't make jokes about Luca Toni covered in pizza sauce without cultural integration.
I too had chemistry in mind when i spoke of integration, i see it as taking a piss in a pool

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Idk how I feel about "integrating " to another country's culture. That's one of those things that always changes and isn't really a requirement imo. Laws are a different thing. If immigrants don't want to follow cultural norms, they shouldn't be expected to.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No you are wrong, you dmt know the definition of the words and concepts you use. Furthermore what you describe is criminal and therefore affords citizens a protection against it, it is really just the usual murking of the waters used by far right politicians.
What exactly is criminal ?

And nothing there is remotely "far right", please. Its simple conservative thinking.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Ah, so that was your yellow cloud. :p
Yep thats it :p

What exactly is criminal ?

And nothing there is remotely "far right", please. Its simple conservative thinking.
Misusing words and concepts is exactly that, far right demagoguery.

What you described is not cultural inadequacy, it is illegal and therefore protected by the law, it's pretty clear really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)