'Murica! (205 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I don't see euthanasia as big of an issue actually because the people themselves are choosing to die, usually due to such a horrible existence from incurable illness/disease etc, unlike abortion where the child has no say (obviously because they can't, but partly that is why it generally shouldn't be allowed). Although obviously there has to be significant proof of illness etc as to why a person should be allowed to make the decision for euthanasia.
For the sake of argument, what about extending that to babies that are born with extreme mental and physical defects, to the point where they would never be able to live anything even closely resembling a normal life? As I'm sure you can guess I'd be for that too.

I just can't see forcing someone to bring to term a child with microcephaly, for example, and then have them devote their whole lives to taking care of this individual that can never actually be part of society or fully experience life. It's almost like a life sentence for the parent(s). And then what happens once the parents die, who takes care of the child then (if it even lives that long)? Yes, it is a human life, but can we really consider that actually LIVING in anything but the most basic of definitions?

This thread has gone on a tangent though and I'm just ranting at this point :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I think murder is a crime and not comparable to abortion

- - - Updated - - -

And contraception fails plenty of times
they both involve purposely ending the life of a human

the chances of contraception failing are very, very small.

For the sake of argument, what about extending that to babies that are born with extreme mental and physical defects, to the point where they would never be able to live anything even closely resembling a normal life? As I'm sure you can guess I'd be for that too.

I just can't see forcing someone to bring to term a child with microcephaly, for example, and then have them devote their whole lives to taking care of this individual that can never actually be part of society or fully experience life. It's almost like a life sentence for the parent(s). And then what happens once the parents die, who takes care of the child then (if it even lives that long)? Yes, it is a human life, but can we really consider that actually LIVING in anything but the most basic of definitions?

This thread has gone on a tangent though and I'm just ranting at this point :p
Yeah, I already said that a few posts ago. I don't see the point of bringing something like that into the world when it would be such a cruel existence. Talking about things like severe mental disabilities and such where they are unable to even feed themselves or other basic things.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Yeah, I already said that a few posts ago. I don't see the point of bringing something like that into the world when it would be such a cruel existence. Talking about things like severe mental disabilities and such where they are unable to even feed themselves or other basic things.
Oh so you're not advocating for a complete ban of all abortions then? Gotcha. I skipped a few posts, they were long and ain't no one got time for that :p

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Oh so you're not advocating for a complete ban of all abortions then? Gotcha. I skipped a few posts, they were long and ain't no one got time for that :p
No, also for things like rape or if the mother's life would be in danger. But I don't believe someone should be allowed to terminate their child "because they don't feel like it" or "it inconveniences them"

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Clinton is a fucking shitbag witch bitch. I'm glad she lost. I was really annoyed with all this "I have a vagina, I must be a president" thing and her warmongering. People are exaggerating how bad Trump will be. Like they exaggerated how good Obama will be. Don't worry guys, the system will be fine. Trump will soon start following the orders of the ruling class exactly as Obama did.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
:rofl: that just shows deep down you know Nzoric is right.
Election is over bro. Now you have to go back to the sad reality of your life. I'm pretty happy with mine
you actually want to believe I'm a virgin because you're so assblasted :lol:

I posted those images not because you were laughing like you found it funny, but actually because you're assblasted that you were wrong and you backed the wrong horse :lol:

you're so assblasted you have to resort to pre-teen level discourse "my life is better than urs bro XDDD" as if you suddenly don't care about what you argued for months about :lol: this is really crushing you isn't it :lol:

By the way, have fun in that life with President and Commander-In-Chief Donald J. Trump :)

Ronn right now:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Only a complete fucking moron equates abortion with murder. 92% of abortions occur in the first 13 weeks before the brain has even developed and the fetus can feel anything at all. 66% occur in the first 8 weeks when the embryo is about 1/2 inch in size and doesn't even have a responsive nervous system yet.

Abortion is murder. :rofl:

Get a fucking clue, and stop burying your head in the sand.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Only a complete fucking moron equates abortion with murder. 92% of abortions occur in the first 13 weeks before the brain has even developed and the fetus can feel anything at all. 66% occur in the first 8 weeks when the embryo is about 1/2 inch in size and doesn't even have a responsive nervous system yet.

Abortion is murder. :rofl:

Get a fucking clue, and stop burying your head in the sand.
What fucking difference does it make when the fetus is aborted? It was going to get born, become a child and grow up regardless of when they are aborted. It's just semantics to avoid saying that it's actually a human life.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It makes a huge difference. I guess using contraception to stop a girl from getting pregnant is murder too, because those eggs and that sperm would have become children if contraception wasn't used.

Calling early stage abortion murder is beyond disingenuous. It's fucking stupid and dishonest. Add to that dangerous with the endless bullshit of uneducated anti-abortion activists.

I'm done. Onto ignore. I avoid such troglodytes in real life. I'll do so here too.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
what a fucking stupid argument, contraception is not the same thing since the human life was never started. what about every time a man ejaculates outside a vagina, or every egg that isn't fertilised. to compare contraception to abortion is moronic.

"a human life is only a human life when it's convenient for my lifestyle"

typical libtard, he can't stand something he doesn't agree with so he'll block it out like a child and resort to ad hominem :lol: """anyone who doesn't agree with my opinion is uneducated""" :lol:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Yeah, one of the main problems are the people he surrounds himself with, pretty much the worst the GOP has to offer.

I mean a climate change denier (but also said that warming would be good because "more people die from blizzards than heatwaves") will head the Environment Protection Agency, and the fucking VP doesn't accept the theory of goddamn evolution.

If you read that in an article about the government of some random developing nation, you'd all just arrogantly shake your head at those stupid third world people.

Truly Post-factualism at its best.
It's so sad. It really is.

- - - Updated - - -

I see the great Leonard Cohen did the only decent thing to do after the Trump election.

RIP

- - - Updated - - -

This is seriously a worrisome quote from Trump.

Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 184)

• Oggy