'Murica! (86 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You know, if you think about it and step back it's really remarkable that there has not yet been a female US president. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Clinton should be elected because of this fact, but let that sink in for a minute: half the population has never had a person of their gender as president. Half the population.

Yet they enjoy more rights

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Because Catholics never opened for the idea of female pastor, therefore it's not possible by vatican/catholic laws, unlike US presidential candidates.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
America never opted for the idea of a black president before too, but those laws were changed. I suggest the Vatican do the same. Now that I think about it, there has never been a black pope either.

- - - Updated - - -

Miley should post her candidacy :donedeal:
Church

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yet they enjoy more rights
I'm not going to take the bait :D

I understand the history behind it all and like I said, no woman deserves to be president just because she happens to be a woman.

But it is still weird. Half the population has never had a direct representative.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
America never opted for the idea of a black president before too, but those laws were changed. I suggest the Vatican do the same. Now that I think about it, there has never been a black pope either.

- - - Updated - - -

Church
I see your point, but unlike US/any nations, religions like Catholic is more conservative when it comes to change, since they use bible as law. Let be honest here, it easier to bypass the amandment than a bible.

I don't claim i know all of the verse, but why they should risk it, if by opted for female pastor idea is go against the bible, they will lost their 2000 year of traditions and credibility.

About the black pope, agreed with you.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
You are not a very good conspiracy theorist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_General_of_the_Society_of_Jesus

Also, in the early days of Christianity there have been some popes of North African origin - nothing afaik has been recorded about their skin colour (race as a concept didn't really exist back then, at least not in the way we today think of it), but it would be weird if they weren't at least Arab or "brown".

- - - Updated - - -

I see your point, but unlike US/any nations, religions like Catholic is more conservative when it comes to change, since they use bible as law. Let be honest here, it easier to bypass the amandment than a bible.

I don't claim i know all of the verse, but why they should risk it, if by opted for female pastor idea is go against the bible, they will lost their 2000 year of traditions and credibility.

About the black pope, agreed with you.

The Catholic church is also pretty openly sexist when it comes to who is allowed to hold positions.

And the comparison is besides the point really, in the Catholic church there are rules against women becoming popes, in the US there are none against women becoming president, and there haven't been for a long long time - yet no woman has ever been president.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'm not going to take the bait :D

I understand the history behind it all and like I said, no woman deserves to be president just because she happens to be a woman.

But it is still weird. Half the population has never had a direct representative.
No woman has ever been a navy seal either, so you think that too is weird

- - - Updated - - -

fixed ... blacks are having themselves a ball ...
Bullshit, blacks have more rights than whites, affirmative action

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Yeah, no thanks. It wasn't that long ago when the pope was blessing Mussolini's missile's, soldiers, guns and whatever other weapon to burn down Ethiopia. Also fuckers also justified slavery :lol:

Bruh, if I could I'd plant a Somali flag in the middle of the vatican and turn the place into a resort.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
No woman has ever been a navy seal either, so you think that too is weird

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit, blacks have more rights than whites, affirmative action
like I said - they are having a ball ...

Being black in the US today presents an amazing and unfair advantage ... you and I should seriously consider getting us some "tan" ... surgical procedures and technologies can do wonders these days and you can always set a tanning bed on "max" too.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
like I said - they are having a ball ...

Being black in the US today presents an amazing and unfair advantage ... you and I should seriously consider getting us some "tan" ... surgical procedures and technologies can do wonders these days and you can always set a tanning bed on "max" too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 68)