'Murica! (319 Viewers)

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Was in San Francisco earlier this week. At one of the Walgreens at Union Square, I saw bums / homeless people just walk out of the store with chips etc without paying. No one tried to stop them.
I told one of the cashiers about this and the guy, nonchalantly answered that as long as they [the employees] were safe, then it was ok.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I’m glad I’m ethnic bc standard thanksgiving fare is trash

it’s British lvl cuisine
I will not argue with this. The meal is basically centered around bland food that only wypipo and people wearing loincloths would eat and is available prior to the harvest death of winter.

Even Canucks know to back it up a month earlier and play the Grey Cup instead Thanksgiving week, but the food is no better.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Was in San Francisco earlier this week. At one of the Walgreens at Union Square, I saw bums / homeless people just walk out of the store with chips etc without paying. No one tried to stop them.
I told one of the cashiers about this and the guy, nonchalantly answered that as long as they [the employees] were safe, then it was ok.
It’s SF’s plot to address the homeless problem through early obesity and heart disease.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We have exactly the same problem here.

1638535841_1406173_gif-url.gif

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
the best part is that tech fags have already bought thousands of acres of land north with plans to build a new city rather than ever acknowledge they were wrong, their politics are nonsenical and they voted in useless corrupt retards. They're just gonna build a new city rather than attempt to fix the Bay Area, the hubris of these people :lol3:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
the best part is that tech fags have already bought thousands of acres of land north with plans to build a new city rather than ever acknowledge they were wrong, their politics are nonsenical and they voted in useless corrupt retards. They're just gonna build a new city rather than attempt to fix the Bay Area, the hubris of these people :lol3:
This is like Elon Musk, etc talking about how we need to colonize Mars. Apparently, the trillions and trillions that will be required to get humans there, the not yet invented terraforming tech to make a ridiculously uninhabitable planet habitable for humans, is somehow a better idea than spending that money helping fix the problems here on earth. :lol3:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This is like Elon Musk, etc talking about how we need to colonize Mars. Apparently, the trillions and trillions that will be required to get humans there, the not yet invented terraforming tech to make a ridiculously uninhabitable planet habitable for humans, is somehow a better idea than spending that money helping fix the problems here on earth. :lol3:

In terms of millions of years, we will eventually need to terraform as a species. And the technology itself would be very valuable. If we'd be able to terraform planets, surely we could undo the damage of climate change and terraform Earth itself.

It's just the way he goes about it that's painfully stupid.

There are things he does that are not bad. You can say what you want about Tesla, but they are mass producing EV's with a large range and only few brands are coming close to that. The ones that do either have massive government support (China) or are insanely expensive (Mercedes, BMW, ...). But it turns out his business plan isn't exactly revolutionary. He set out promoting Teslas as these extreme luxury vehicles. Now they are not only anything but luxury, but there are serious complaints about build quality. Looks like Musk found out you can actually make a buck by cutting production costs.

And I guess that's the reality of Musk. Nothing about him is really new.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
In terms of millions of years, we will eventually need to terraform as a species. And the technology itself would be very valuable. If we'd be able to terraform planets, surely we could undo the damage of climate change and terraform Earth itself.

It's just the way he goes about it that's painfully stupid.

There are things he does that are not bad. You can say what you want about Tesla, but they are mass producing EV's with a large range and only few brands are coming close to that. The ones that do either have massive government support (China) or are insanely expensive (Mercedes, BMW, ...). But it turns out his business plan isn't exactly revolutionary. He set out promoting Teslas as these extreme luxury vehicles. Now they are not only anything but luxury, but there are serious complaints about build quality. Looks like Musk found out you can actually make a buck by cutting production costs.

And I guess that's the reality of Musk. Nothing about him is really new.
:agree:

That’s my point. Why the heck are these twits talking about terraforming and colonizing Mars, when (in the future) terraforming the planet we live on to fix the damage done seems like a far better option.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:agree:

That’s my point. Why the heck are these twits talking about terraforming and colonizing Mars, when (in the future) terraforming the planet we live on to fix the damage done seems like a far better option.
Yes, but I'd see Mars as a place to experiment.

Of course, and this is something Musk does not take into account, there is the question if we have to right to interfere on an alien planet. But I'm willing to bet we'll cast moral objections aside sooner rather than later anyway.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/12/04/what-happens-to-a-school-shooters-sister

Well written article worth a read.

Just one thought the author didn't seem to to take into account: even if you hear voices, you can choose to not do what those voices say when you know what they want you to do is illegal. I'm not negating the struggle of people with paranoid schizophrenia. It's horrible. But if we're speaking about 'guilt', in my opinion you can still be guilty with schizophrenia.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Democrats are fucktards by being not tough enough on crime. Such a weird hill to die on.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sounds like Governor doesn’t really know how this works
If you read what she wrote, it sounds like a euphemism from a gay gigalo.

Democrats are fucktards by being not tough enough on crime. Such a weird hill to die on.
Too reductive, oversimplified, and easy. That's like claiming the Roman Empire wasn't tough on Visigoths. Jacksonville, FL is a Republican stronghold, but it too is a crime hellhole. I expect better reasoning from you.

Just look at living density alone. West Virginia is a rural, GOP state, but it's riddled with crime. It just isn't concentrated in the usual urban areas because it doesn't have big cities. You take rural poverty or urban poverty, you're gonna get crime. And news media is concentrated in urban areas but has been completely decimated in the rural areas of the US, so crime in the countryside is left to rumors and chat groups rather than public awareness.

Surely Democrats can be questioned about what they do about it. People stealing from drug stores 7x a day is surely more enabling than helping. But then that's not a political decision but a business one for how those drug stores decide to police themselves. I can't blame Gavin Newsome because Walgreen's decides to let people walk out without paying all the time, then they close their stores and complain about crime enforcement.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
If you read what she wrote, it sounds like a euphemism from a gay gigalo.

Too reductive, oversimplified, and easy. That's like claiming the Roman Empire wasn't tough on Visigoths. Jacksonville, FL is a Republican stronghold, but it too is a crime hellhole. I expect better reasoning from you.

Just look at living density alone. West Virginia is a rural, GOP state, but it's riddled with crime. It just isn't concentrated in the usual urban areas because it doesn't have big cities. You take rural poverty or urban poverty, you're gonna get crime. And news media is concentrated in urban areas but has been completely decimated in the rural areas of the US, so crime in the countryside is left to rumors and chat groups rather than public awareness.

Surely Democrats can be questioned about what they do about it. People stealing from drug stores 7x a day is surely more enabling than helping. But then that's not a political decision but a business one for how those drug stores decide to police themselves. I can't blame Gavin Newsome because Walgreen's decides to let people walk out without paying all the time, then they close their stores and complain about crime enforcement.
As someone that worked at the terrorist organization that is Rite Aid when I was young, what are they supposed to do though?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 306)