'Murica! (112 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He is making the best moves in terms of what gets the publicity for the effort. The migrant bussing, education reforms(?), hurricane response. He would almost certainly win the 2024 presidential election if it wasn't for the carcass of Trump still floating around.

If it were him taking on Trump in the primary 1v1 he might have a chance (The Dems wanted to replace but Biden they've realized they have no bench at all, Biden will run again) but the anti-trump vote in primaries will probably be spread over several others (folks who have 0 chance of winning) and we the people end up with Trump vs. Biden round 2 as a sad reminder of how fucked we all are.

There will be no serious challenge to Biden, the far left talk a big game in the media but (aside from Bernie Sanders) they are absolutely spineless and bow to the corporate dems at every opportunity.

Of course this is my prediction as of today. A lot can change in a short period of time, this far out from 2008 and 2016, would anyone have predicted obama or trump?

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He is making the best moves in terms of what gets the publicity for the effort. The migrant bussing, education reforms(?), hurricane response. He would almost certainly win the 2024 presidential election if it wasn't for the carcass of Trump still floating around.

If it were him taking on Trump in the primary 1v1 he might have a chance (The Dems wanted to replace but Biden they've realized they have no bench at all, Biden will run again) but the anti-trump vote in primaries will probably be spread over several others (folks who have 0 chance of winning) and we the people end up with Trump vs. Biden round 2 as a sad reminder of how fucked we all are.

There will be no serious challenge to Biden, the far left talk a big game in the media but (aside from Bernie Sanders) they are absolutely spineless and bow to the corporate dems at every opportunity.

Of course this is my prediction as of today. A lot can change in a short period of time, this far out from 2008 and 2016, would anyone have predicted obama or trump?
I disagree, these "moves" he's making appeal to the MAGA crowd, sure. But he's doing everything he can to alienate a huge segment of voters. First and foremost women, whom unless they're popping out multiple kids with their husbands, they basically have no rights to him. Then you have the gay community, which needless to say despises him, followed by the black community who seemingly doesn't like him either. Why should they? He wants to erase their history.

On top of that, you have middle of the road folks. Someone who is fiscally conservative like me but hasn't been brainwashed by this "everyone but me is a pedo" nonsense can see right through this, including in the area of economics. Tax holidays are only shown to pull forward demand in the short term, while causing larger deficits in the future because massive spending under the guise of record budgets. This is the same crap Republicans have been doing forever now.

So unless you're a far right white or Latino, you're probably not voting for this guy. I'm hoping Trump runs as an independent to squash any other chances he has.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I disagree, these "moves" he's making appeal to the MAGA crowd, sure. But he's doing everything he can to alienate a huge segment of voters. First and foremost women, whom unless they're popping out multiple kids with their husbands, they basically have no rights to him. Then you have the gay community, which needless to say despises him, followed by the black community who seemingly doesn't like him either. Why should they? He wants to erase their history.

On top of that, you have middle of the road folks. Someone who is fiscally conservative like me but hasn't been brainwashed by this "everyone but me is a pedo" nonsense can see right through this, including in the area of economics. Tax holidays are only shown to pull forward demand in the short term, while causing larger deficits in the future because massive spending under the guise of record budgets. This is the same crap Republicans have been doing forever now.

So unless you're a far right white or Latino, you're probably not voting for this guy. I'm hoping Trump runs as an independent to squash any other chances he has.
fair but Biden is also an incredibly weak candidate

I think De Santis beats biden (if he can beat trump in the primary which he probably can't)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I don’t mind gas stoves, it’s usually only hurting the kids during their development stages and if people know that and refuse to do anything about it due to whatever reason, their kids would most likely have brain damage anyways.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don’t mind gas stoves, it’s usually only hurting the kids during their development stages and if people know that and refuse to do anything about it due to whatever reason, their kids would most likely have brain damage anyways.
gas stoves are fantastic but the reality is not a ton of people have them. just fake outrage like always.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Lmao banning electric stoves tho

- - - Updated - - -

And?

- - - Updated - - -

Partisan hacks winning :heart:
To be fair, half (or 90%) of the shit from the out there libs is batshit crazy, but I think the same of the far right, so I’m stranded on no man’s land in the middle hoping that at some point the adults in the room take control of the shitshow.

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
To be fair, half (or 90%) of the shit from the out there libs is batshit crazy, but I think the same of the far right, so I’m stranded on no man’s land in the middle hoping that at some point the adults in the room take control of the shitshow.
I give you 5 to 10 years to become "far" right, or 3 months of living in a liberal paradise like san fran.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I give you 5 to 10 years to become "far" right, or 3 months of living in a liberal paradise like san fran.
I’m from an NDP stronghold in Canada, Vancouver Island. Our kind of social Democrat workers party. We’re a left-leaning paradise here. But I suppose in a less obnoxious way than San Fran and the progressive elites on the coast there. Lots of resource workers and blue collar here still to balance things out.

I don’t in reality think you or Cam are “far” right, in the Marjorie Taylor Greene loony bin kind of way. It’s just the internet and it’s easy to lose exaggerate the opinions of others and be an asshole in arguments which I definitely fall prey too sometimes. We can all find points of agreement here even if we disagree on a lot of things.

Like you guys I’m sick to death of the woke, identity politicking, virtue signalling rubbish and feel it’s helping trash society pretty quickly, even though I feel the real loonies out on the right are doing the same thing. Personally, I just want some reasonable centrist policies that don’t go overboard either way and cannot really fathom why - what I believe is - the majority who probably align somewhere in this area can’t get out shit together and finally tell the fringes to get wrecked with their insanity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)