'Murica! (40 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@ALC

Conservatives: Poor people should pull themselves up by their boot straps. Work hard!

AOC: Grows up lower middle class, puts in the hard work to get to college, double majors, father dies in her second year, still graduates cum laude, works as a waitress and bartender after college to help her mother (a cleaning lady) avoid foreclosure on her home. Runs a grassroots campaign and is elected youngest women to US congress in history.

Conservatives: Communism! :angrymob:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
@ALC

Conservatives: Poor people should pull themselves up by their boot straps. Work hard!

AOC: Grows up lower middle class, puts in the hard work to get to college, double majors, father dies in her second year, still graduates cum laude, works as a waitress and bartender after college to help her mother (a cleaning lady) avoid foreclosure on her home. Runs a grassroots campaign and is elected youngest women to US congress in history.

Conservatives: Communism! :angrymob:
yeah, it’s weird to me. She’s the perfect example of what a hardworking American citizen can aspire to and achieve but no, half of Americans would rather watch those inbred trumps in charge, some of the most despicable personalities out there.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It was lowered earlier today
I'm confused are the police no longer racist murderers and the symbol of white supremacy?
I don’t think this has changed BLM types opinion on the police at all... they’re arguing that this attempted coup d’état just shows how complicit most police are with White supremacist Trumptards. Which in some cases is obviously true, though obviously not for the vast majority of cops who are good professionals doing their job.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don’t think this has changed BLM types opinion on the police at all... they’re arguing that this attempted coup d’état just shows how complicit most police are with White supremacist Trumptards. Which in some cases is obviously true, though obviously not for the vast majority of cops who are good professionals doing their job.
I'm referring specifically to the change in narrative from major media outlets like CNN and the NY Times

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It was lowered earlier today
https://www.businessinsider.in/poli...licans-and-democrats/articleshow/80204385.cms

A wee bit late after pressure from GOP and Dem lawmakers... but better late than never I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm referring specifically to the change in narrative from major media outlets like CNN and the NY Times
What about the change in narrative from major media outlets like Fox News?

New York Times is in no way comparable to the rubbish CNN puts out. And Fox News. It still has bias, but it’s far more balanced and reasonable, and less sensationalist than the others. It was also nowhere close to CNN stance wise on defund the police. Might as well have been reading huffington post this summer at CNN.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
FC86DB4B-D55D-48F0-9BF3-36DA38F63346.jpeg
I knew it. I fucking knew it. The soyboy rednecks have a hard on for her.
You should see her underwear drawer. More sniffing than a Maradona coke party.

What makes the halls of government more important than the property of the common folk?
80 million people don't have their rights thrown out the window over a Walgreen's parking lot?

Well who do you think is going to attend a right and fight with police?

The accomplished, educated, stable, and gainfully employed?
Absolutely true. A Duck Dynasty cosplay party was always going to be the only folk who passed that filter test.

Or green lives or navy lives.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well, at least Pope Francis got arrested for child sex trafficking and -- get this, because QAnon feels the need to amp it up -- incest. :pado:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well, at least Pope Francis got arrested for child sex trafficking and -- get this, because QAnon feels the need to amp it up -- incest. :pado:
Wtf is wrong with the modern world. This QAnon stuff is insanity. How can anyone buy into this rubbish? People are imbeciles.

Time to put Wagner’s Der Ring Des Nibelungen on the turntable, drink some more wine, and drown out this absurdity.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Wtf is wrong with the modern world. This QAnon stuff is insanity. How can anyone buy into this rubbish? People are imbeciles.

Time to put Wagner’s Der Ring Des Nibelungen on the turntable, drink some more wine, and drown out this absurdity.
It would be funny if they were just nut jobs and comic relief.

But then they end up elected in the House of Representatives. The people who vote them into office scare me more. Every one is an RV-propelled bomb waiting to take out a boogieman 5G installation.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Twitter has no mandate to provide everyone with a platform anymore than NBC does. NBC just has limits because of production costs and the sale of airtime for everything it hosts... NOT because they are making a stand to limit speech. Those are purely business reasons, not political ones.

This is different from refusing to serve black people. Because that much is on the basis of who they are. Which is unlike the basis on what someone does, which is why someone who comes into a store without pants or decides to defecate on the tables can be banned from a private business. There is a right to refuse service on the basis of things other than the race you were born with.

People don't have the choice to be born black or not. But people do have a choice on whether to egg on people to violently overthrow a government building or not.
No, you're too quick in your reasoning.

What I meant was that in both instances a private business offers something (be it a social media platform, be it food).

In both instances that private business decides to not offer their service to a certain potential client.

The question (which you answered above) then becomes on what grounds they can decide to do so. As you rightfully say, they cannot decide to do this based on the colour of someone's skin. A restaurant choosing not to serve someone, will have to demonstrate good reason for doing so or they'll open themselves up to law suits.

The exact same thing goes for Twitter. Imagine if they randomly blocked Biden earlier this year. They'd effectively take away part of his campagain. If Biden would have gone to court and Twitter could not show a good reason to support their decision, I'm fairly confident the court would have told them to allow Biden to post.

This whole notion that private businesses have limitless freedom is flat out wrong. If you decide to offer people a social media platform, you will have to play by certain rules.

So no, Twitter can't just ban Trump, because they're a private business anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 38)