'Murica! (84 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You think ordinary people who have for example fallen for these QAnon and alt-right conspiracies would have found them if they didn't have prominent presence on Twitter, Facebook and Youtube? Surely more visibility leads to more radicalisation. Blocking them from the aforementioned platforms will greatly reduce the visibility of such content to new audiences. The people who have already fallen for that shit will probably be even more convinced about their delusions though.
Where does it end though. Is it cool to ban people who criticize Biden and Harris because it could instigate violence? That would be the next logical step after this. So it's basically like Chinese-style censorship at the end of the day. It's fun if you're part of the chosen party but maybe not so much if the shoe is on the other foot.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

Murica Summary

Business owners = shitbags who don’t deserve anything (even if they’re black), their losses are the cost of a democratic republic

Establishment politicians = the fruit of the earth, even if they don’t give a shit about you. Commence hissy fit if someone puts their feet on their desk

A Trump supporter and three cops walk into a bar. They die. Juventuz rejoices.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Twitter is not the government. They’re a private company and can set whatever rules they want for posts on their platform. Trump still has his full freedom of speech.

He’s just suffering the consequences for it, much like one would if they were to scream “bomb” in an airplane.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Twitter is not the government. They’re a private company and can set whatever rules they want for posts on their platform. Trump still has his full freedom of speech.

He’s just suffering the consequences for it, much like one would if they were to scream “bomb” in an airplane.
Twitter is a public company with shareholders. If their stock goes to 18 their shareholders will be pretty pissed. Hope it goes to zero.

- - - Updated - - -

I totally forgot about this. :lol:

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't have an issue with the outrage around what happened but folks should have felt the same way about the looting, arson and violence that happened this summer. One should have been incensed about the direction it was heading for months/ years when it wasn't just conservatives and Trump supporters.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't have an issue with the outrage around what happened but you should have felt the same way about the looting, arson and violence that happened this summer. You should have been incensed about the direction it was heading for months/ years when it wasn't just conservatives and Trump supporters.
Every single “liberal commie” on this forum criticized all the rioting and looting this summer. Some of us said we could give two shits if these rioters and looters would be shot. And no one here, not one person on the left supported “defund the police.” But that was just aimless rioting and looting attached to a summer of protests, not sedition and insurrection.

It’s the alt-right that has gone so fucking mental over election conspiracies that they are trying to stage a coup and overthrow the government incited by the Trump gang and then you have Fox News, Republican congressman, and trump cronies like Giuliani, Lin wood, and Sidney Powell spreading lies and propaganda about the insurrection actually being Antifa.

Trump should spend the rest of his life in prison, alongside the summer rioters and yesterday’s insurrectionists (who should be grateful they aren’t facing execution for treason).

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I was speaking generally. Not to you or Tuz, brotato

I will edit
:heart:

Seriously though. What the fuck is with the inability to see that centrist, moderate positions are the only way forward. Everywhere. This hyper-partisan, my way or the highway bullshit is destroying the western world. Left or right is irrelevant, it’s all fucking nonsense. People talking about race/civil war and right wing conspiracy insanity, or people talking about pronoun madness, reparations, and land back insanity. There has to be a middle ground and the people in that space have to start asserting themselves against the loudmouth assclowns at the extremes or western civ is dead in a generation.

Apr 17, 2013
Saying "Twitter and Facebook are private, they do what they want at home" is a form of neo-feudalism. "The Lord does what he wants on the land where I live and which I cultivate". But feudalism was the middle ages. We have evolved since then.

Some don't realize the arbitrariness of the decision, and what it means for democracy that a platform that acts as an intermediary for hundreds of millions of people to talk to each other decides on its own who can talk there? A domino has fallen which will force social networks to justify keeping this or that account open, letting this or that thing be said, and in order not to take any risks, to censor them too. Where do dominoes stop?

The craziest thing is that those who find it normal seem to think that it is either to leave this power to the platforms without counter-power, or to let everything be said. But oh, didn't we invent something modern called "justice"?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Twitter banning Trump now is just theater, they only shortened us of great content for the next few weeks.
It's like throwing extra few punches when opponent is already down. Twitts in question are lukewarm but you can interpret anything in a way that would suit your agenda, not your particularly. I wonder why they didnt ban him few months ago or when he became a president?

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
It's like throwing extra few punches when opponent is already down. Twitts in question are lukewarm but you can interpret anything in a way that would suit your agenda, not your particularly. I wonder why they didnt ban him few months ago or when he became a president?
The shit he tweeted about covid for a year was far worse than his last few twitter days. He tweeted about bombing Iran's cultural sites ffs. I guess this directly impacted those who hold power in the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)