Muntari (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
More of a 4-4-2 with some depth and room for rotation in the middle. If both Tiago and Nocerino leave, we'll need another central midfielder. If we aren't going to get a playmaker and we're sticking to the two hardmen in middle rule, then Muntari could work.

Zanetti
Sissoko
Muntari
Marchisio

Mar 30, 2006
More of a 4-4-2 with some depth and room for rotation in the middle. If both Tiago and Nocerino leave, we'll need another central midfielder. If we aren't going to get a playmaker and we're sticking to the two hardmen in middle rule, then Muntari could work.

Zanetti
Sissoko
Muntari
Marchisio
Muntari is good and has a very good shot

But I think he is over priced. Portsmouth just signed him and would want to profit on his sale.

I would much rather Flamini for free if we could get him than paying a good bit for Muntari.
I don't see Juventus splashing out on Muntari with other more economic options available.

Plus it would be nice to buy a creative player with CL experience for our midfield like Deco or Lampard :)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
how would he work with xavi and momo?
He wouldn't. With the midfield of Xabi and Sissoko I doubt anyone would choose Muntari over Xabi or Sissoko. Or maybe someone actually WOULD choose Muntari over Xabi. After all, Muntari has played in Serie A before and knows the league very well while there's a chance that Alonso 'wont' perform here. :shifty:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
He's like 20 time faster than Xabi so he would be more useful. Remember what L'pool did to us when we had a "speedy-gonzalez" midfield in CL :)
Yeah right. Just because he is faster than Xabi he would be more useful than him. :howler: This in not a marathon nor athletics. It's not all about running. Molinaro runs a lot too, do you want him as our first choice LB?

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Btw, him an Xabi are completely different. I like Muntari though and if it means that getting him means no Xabi then obviously i hope we get him after all he is:

1.Younger
2.Serie A Compatible :p
3.Still has a lot of room to upgrade and become much more accomplished.
4.He will want to make a name for himself at Juve, since he is still a young underrated player.
5.The mother of all reasons, he will cost half as much.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Corriere dello Sport
Juve sprint - Schweinsteiger as well as Xabi Alonso in the Old Lady's sights, as Bianconeri also chase Muntari and Ivanovic

Mar 14, 2004
Yeah right. Just because he is faster than Xabi he would be more useful than him. :howler: This in not a marathon nor athletics. It's not all about running. Molinaro runs a lot too, do you want him as our first choice LB?

Puma was smart also and had a best pass comp. in league but still he was destroyed annihilated by Igor Biscan in CL.... who just knew to run like a pitbull and always was a step ahead. A step ahead is half of a football game if you ask me.

Another example.....Barcelona vs L'pool,a year later. Sissoko singlehandedly put out whole dream-team midfield. And he was accompanied by Steven who runned all night. L'pool had two finals just cuz all team runed like hamas in midfield and putted pressure on all opponents lines. Speed in midfield is a factor that we cannot put aside. And that is why Muntari would be an equal upgrade to Alonso,at least in SerieA.

simoncauchi

Feb 21, 2007
Why are we still connected to DMs?! don't we have enough?
Zanetti, Sissoko, Marchisio and maybe X.Alonso!!! :shifty:
I think Ranieri wants to use the 4-3-3 system more next season. Who would you leave on the bench? Delpiero, Amauri, Trezeguet? Iaquinta benched.

If he uses the 4-3-3 then you need to play with 2 DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)