MP3 Players (1 Viewer)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    i've heard alot about iRiver's sound reproduction quality,but how is the overall performance? does read time lag after long hours of use?what's the battery time like?

I'm using a 20GB iPod btw.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Yeah sound quality is excellent indeed. I've had mine for 1.5 years and still working flawlessly, have upgraded the firmware along the way. Doesn't lag at all, no. And with rechargable batteries I get probably 10-12 hours on one AA.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    The problem with an iPod is that it doesn't read .wma files whatsoever,and the process of converting them to AAC is a *****,especially when you have a few hundred to transfer:stress:.iTunes makes updating my iPod a breeze though.

No such problems with iRiver i suppose?

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    the software actually creates new versions of the song in the same folder and i'm forced to delete them after the transfer is complete,which irks me alot since it's messed up my customised folder arrangement alot of times.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    The problem with an iPod is that it doesn't read .wma files whatsoever,and the process of converting them to AAC is a *****,especially when you have a few hundred to transfer:stress:.iTunes makes updating my iPod a breeze though.

No such problems with iRiver i suppose?
    Nope, iriver doesn't do that crap. It just stores your files on the player as it would on any other media, no copyright protection bs that makes it a pain to transfer music. It also plays .wma and .ogg files.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    the software actually creates new versions of the song in the same folder and i'm forced to delete them after the transfer is complete,which irks me alot since it's messed up my customised folder arrangement alot of times.
    Can you save a file in a different specified folder?

I never really paid attention to this problem.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    Are iPod's *****y about copyright songs? Can you transfer downloaded songs (illegal) onto an iPod and can you transfer songs from an iPod to another computer?
    I have never ever payed for an mp3. And all 11 gigs play fine.

Yes, you can download songs from the ipod to any computer, because an Ipod acts like a mass storage device. The trick is that the software places songs into a bunch of different directories, so actually finding a song will be an ass. Reproducing your playlists on another computer would take days.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    for the most part,songs downloaded behave like those ripped off a CD.

Like Elnur,I've never paid for an MP3 and everything plays okay.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

I have never ever payed for an mp3. And all 11 gigs play fine.

Yes, you can download songs from the ipod to any computer, because an Ipod acts like a mass storage device. The trick is that the software places songs into a bunch of different directories, so actually finding a song will be an ass. Reproducing your playlists on another computer would take days.
    sounds like a real pain that..

Oct 1, 2002
    I'm using Creative MX 200 for around 6 months. here is my opinion.
    Link here

Advantage
    - great style, Big LCD.
    - no battery required, built in lithium battery.The battery life is very good too
    - the sound quality is excellent.
    - integrated FM Radio
    - recording ability,FM and mic.
    - menu and the control is ease to use.

Disadvantage.
    - not stable before the newest firmware(1.04a). Sometimes the player will hang when you connect it to PC. and you'll have to wait until the battery run out to start it again.I'm glad Creative release a firmware to fix this major issue.those who have older firmware should update it.
    - Recording quality is bad, I haven't compare it with other products.
    - You'll need an usb to charge the battery, I wonder what happen if your computer is being fixed.While other products can buy a new battery.
    - Required cable to connect to computer while some competitor have both internal USB connector and external cable.(eg : MSI MegaStick). this is main issue if you want to use this mp3 player as storage device.

Oct 1, 2002

It is...

Apple has done a great job in deterring users from copying music that easily.

And I agree. Nothing should be easy :D
    My friend have an ipod. When he first bought it, he ask for my help about copying music into his ipod. I think it was a piece of cake, which proved me wrong. I have to install itune or something like that for copying music.
    Imagine you have to install this software whenever you want to transfer music from your friend's computer to your ipod.I don't mind sharing music, but I won't like people installing software I don't need.
    Not to mention if you accidentally format the system in Ipod, you must search utility to recover the Ipod system.(that's my friend case).
    The menu and control don't impress me at all.
    The only good things I see from Ipod is it's capacity and "BIG NAME".

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    You do not need to install the software to transfer music from your friend's computer to your Ipod. Ipod acts like a mass storage device, and all you have to do is copy songs to the ipod's root directory, retreive them at your home pc which has the Itunes and add them to a playlist.

It took me 5 minutes to install the ITunes, and I personally find the soft very useful. The new version is out, btw, and it's better. I also started to use Itunes as my primary audit player- because of a great feature it has- play count. I can actually look and see how many times I've listened to the same song.

I do not know how you can accidently "format a system" on an ipod. But all playlists are kept in one file and if you reinstall the Itunes you can retrieve all the information easily.

Oct 1, 2002
    You do not need to install the software to transfer music from your friend's computer to your Ipod. Ipod acts like a mass storage device, and all you have to do is copy songs to the ipod's root directory, retreive them at your home pc which has the Itunes and add them to a playlist.

It took me 5 minutes to install the ITunes, and I personally find the soft very useful. The new version is out, btw, and it's better. I also started to use Itunes as my primary audit player- because of a great feature it has- play count. I can actually look and see how many times I've listened to the same song.

I do not know how you can accidently "format a system" on an ipod. But all playlists are kept in one file and if you reinstall the Itunes you can retrieve all the information easily.
    well, it's up to personal taste after all. I dislike Ipod and I'll stand by this. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)