Mp3 Players. Which one should I choose? (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Hi guys,

Chistmas is coming, and I'm thinking about getting an MP3-player. I'm tired of my old cd-walkman, burning cd's, ...

so. what I'm looking for is a big-capacity player ( not a flash kinda player), the most evident choice seems to be I Pod, but there must be other things on the market, isnt'it?

what are the pro's, the contra's,...?
Could you guys help me out to buy the right one?

I know the prices vary a lot over the world, and some are released in Asia long before they are in Europe.

Would it be a good idea to buy it with E-Bay?
What would be a good price?

THX for help guys.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 7, 2004
people will tell you to get the iPod but they might not neccesserally be right.

look inside you and only there you shall know what is best for you ( i mean i am too lazy to consider everything you have to consider)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I have a MP3 Player from JNC. The sound quality is good and the max volume is 37. It is a 256 MB MP3 player, which can stall 66 songs (a combination of MP3 + wma files).

I think u should go out and compare prices in the market and those marketers should let u demo-test.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Get an Ipod not because it is so popular and everybody is crazy about it...

Get it because it is of decent quality and it is a product in its 4th generation, while vast majority of its competitors have brand new products.

Just get a new pair headphones so that people can't detect you've got an Ipod :D

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
Get the iPod, I've got that.
I am thinking about buying an Iriver (IFP-795) (at 120$)combined with a Archos preamped mic (you can connect it to line in) (at 20$). I am looking for a) very small, b) very good recording quality c) no moving parts (=FLASH) d) operated with AA rechargeable battery. 256 MB are not much but hey, I will make good use of it.

Intended use: a) listen to music, b) record sound FX

xziz :cool:

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Get an Ipod. Its simply the best product for the money.

I have one myself, and i cant be more happier. Its very easy to use with the scroll wheel. And the software is also easy to use.

OP
Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    choice aint easy.

I think I'll go to my home store to compare products and get some advice.

thx for the advice guys.

BTW: It's cool to see the same guys talking about Zalayeta's capabilities and MP3 players...
    I mght stick around for while.:D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
    Get an Ipod. Its simply the best product for the money.

I have one myself, and i cant be more happier. Its very easy to use with the scroll wheel. And the software is also easy to use.
    Do you, or have you, had any of the others? Or is the iPod your only experience with an MP3 player?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Personally, I prefer the flash-based MP3 players...

They are usually alot smaller and you can use them while running..etc without worrying abotu it falling and breaking.

Flash mp3 players are much more durrable than HDD mp3 plaeyrs.

Why would you want to carry your whole collection with you anyways?!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    because that's what the corporations want us to want

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

I am carying 11 gigs of music on me all the time, and I can't stop enjoying it. All my life I was waiting for a moment when with a touch of a botton I can go back to any year starting with 1992 and listen to music I was listening to back then.

You'll be surprised on how often you would wanna go back in time and listen to your old favorite tunes.

As long as they are nicely categorized though.

I simply can't stop fascinating with an IPod. Truely, the best toy I have bought in the past 10 years.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

I am carying 11 gigs of music on me all the time, and I can't stop enjoying it. All my life I was waiting for a moment when with a touch of a botton I can go back to any year starting with 1992 and listen to music I was listening to back then.

You'll be surprised on how often you would wanna go back in time and listen to your old favorite tunes.

As long as they are nicely categorized though.

I simply can't stop fascinating with an IPod. Truely, the best toy I have bought in the past 10 years.
    I love listening to "old" songs too that bring back a lot of memories, and invoke different emotions...etc.

But in the past couple of months, i've almost stopped doing that.
    I'm begining to feel that their value is fading away. I don't know if you know what i mean, but when i listen to an old song, I want it to mentally teleport me pack to a certain place and time according to the song. Listening to these old songs just messes that up. That's what I've been doing. I had them all on my laptop and i listened to them while did school work or surfed the net.

Once 2 years has gone by without me listening to a song, I stash it away. That's why I don't think about getting an iPod now. I don't (and I doubt anyone does) listen to 5 gigs worth of "new" songs, let alone 40!

that's just me anyway.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

I love listening to "old" songs too that bring back a lot of memories, and invoke different emotions...etc.

But in the past couple of months, i've almost stopped doing that.
    I'm begining to feel that their value is fading away. I don't know if you know what i mean, but when i listen to an old song, I want it to mentally teleport me pack to a certain place and time according to the song. Listening to these old songs just messes that up. That's what I've been doing. I had them all on my laptop and i listened to them while did school work or surfed the net.

Once 2 years has gone by without me listening to a song, I stash it away. That's why I don't think about getting an iPod now. I don't (and I doubt anyone does) listen to 5 gigs worth of "new" songs, let alone 40!

that's just me anyway.
    Well, then you're gonna save a lot of money by NOT buying an Ipod :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    But hey, I've saved lots of money too in the past 10 years- by NOT buying any computer games ;) (cause I don't play them)
    I've got the best of both worlds ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)