Movies you've seen recently... (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The wonderful Fabiana suggested the movie 21 Grams to me, and my God it was indeed an awesome movie. If you enjoy pondering your existence, or are enraptured with movies that make your brain cells pivot, 21 Grams is the movie for you. So many hidden messages and so many possible meanings that could occupy your thoughts for quite some time. Certainly the best movie I have seen all year and I suggest it to anyone. I might give a synopsis on the possible meanings later..

Jan 1, 2006
Stephan said:
Watched yesterday evening the movie called Terminal(hanks and zeta jones).

And now i just wanted to say my opinion about it and those who have seen it, feel free to argue with me...

First, the starting looks nice and interesting....man comes to airport and because of those political problems he cant visit america....it really looks interesting....you like start to think, what the hell he can do now.....

But something is weard.....in the end we see that he only visit New York because he had made a promise to his father that he will collect some singers autographs......
But cant he then atleast call to his advocate....(if he has money to visit NY, he has to have a advocate.....instead of that he tried to call to his family members....(although i didnt undestand whom, because he didnt had wife...so parents i guess)

And why the personal of the airport doesnt want to help him......the headman of the airport, whos played by Stanley Tucci doesnt want to help him at all....why? Hanks is a client and airport has to help his clients....

Hm, i just wonder, if i would go to NY and in the airport it happens that i have political problem in my country...cant i go to nowhere??? Shouldnt there be atleast some kind of solution....

----
The acting is ok....tom hanks usually plays well....but i have to say, even C Zeta-Jones plays well in this movie....

Ok, lets move on....so the man has nowhere to go and starts to live in the airport....some funny things happen there...but then i dont understand why zeta-jones caracter start to talk with him....and then it already looks like they are having a very nice time together....they even had lunch in that same airport and hug and etc(LOL; hanks built her a fountain)....so i already started to think that in the end of the movie they are gona leave both the airport and i dont know, maybe even ...get married or go together somewhere.....because in a way why the heck ZJ caracther should be interested on someone from east europe who acts a little bit funny and isnt very goodlooking and well not his type if i say it correct.....(its weard that she sayd his almoust 40 in the movie, although she was 35 that time and actually looked even younger)....
But when the movie starts to end, we see hanks taken a taxy when he finaly got out of the airport to met that singer, and then we see ZJ coming to airport with a taxy....they say something (like, you finaly got out or something like that) and move on...hanks gets his autograph and the movie ends?????

I dont understand why the writers had to make that little love story in this movie and when the movie ends...we still dont see what happens between those two, because there was times when hanks was waiting her already in the door to come from plane....but the end....i dont know...why you had to make this little love story if you doesnt show how it ends....they dont even say something like, i live in europe, you in america...we cant be together or something like that.....

I know, you might say, the movie wasnt about that...it was about a man who couldnt visit america because of his homecountry political problems and he had to live in the airport then....but why you even show that hanks-jones thing then.....this movie could have been funny without that also....like everybody is against him or something like that..........that thing really turned this movie down....

And in the end, still....who the hell goes to new york because to get a autograph...i am sure he could get the autograph also by just sending a letter or telegraph to that singer......

I think spielberg made a mistake in this movie....he has made mistakes also before.....

I dont know....catch me if you can with hanks was a very good movie imo, also funny and good story....this also looked like a interesting story in the begining, and had some nice jokes, but that stewardess and traveler little story...i dont know...they should have showd then how their story would end....but they didnt....

??
The character of Stanley Tucci doesn't help Tom Hanks with his dilemma because he's portrayed as a self-centered, obsequious worker who's out to please his superiors and he almost believes that Hanks would try to leave the airport. And he's betting on it to be able to arrest him and prove his and his team's effciency. It isn't out right mentioned in the movie. But as Tucci's character develops you can guess what kind of a person he is.

Zeta Jones' character starts talking to Hanks because he doesn't pose as a threat to her. From her character you can tell she has problems with being needed and being used. She's slightly vulnerable and tempestous though she tries her best to hide these facts. When she meets Tom Hanks and sees that he has no problem being himself, even if a bit stupid at times, she finds it okay to talk to him. From there on develops their friendship.

In my humble opinion, it was a good idea not to show the end of their friendship or relationship. Keeps it more interesting. Have you ever met someone and felt you clicked with them from the very beginning? And then when you left you just left because you wanted no strings attached or you simply thought it would be best to left things at they are because chances are that taking such a friendship or relationship any further might ruin it? That's what the end of the movie is trying to depict.

axlrose85 said:
did anyone here like the terminal?
I liked it. Some good acting on Hank's part. A different story. And nobody pulls off 'survival' like Hanks. Castaway and Forrest Gump to name but two.

I can't wait to see him in The Da Vinci Code.

Jan 1, 2006
Black&White. said:
I don't like that movie. The actors was...good. But the "theme" of the movie wasn't good. I prefer Lost in Tokyo.
Is it possible that you mean Lost In Translation? Don't mean to be a prick. But I tried looking up Lost In Tokyo on the internet but couldn't find it.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Raven said:
Is it possible that you mean Lost In Translation? Don't mean to be a prick. But I tried looking up Lost In Tokyo on the internet but couldn't find it.

Yeah that is Lost in Translation, its just that the title in spanish is Perdidos en Tokio, or Lost in Tokyo

Jan 1, 2006
Ah right. Thanks. :)

It was a good movie. However, Sofia Coppola's new work in progress looks a bit disappointing from the trailer. It's about Marie Antoinette and has alternative rock as it's sound track. Bad idea methinks.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
A couple weeks ago I saw Spielberg's Munich. There are some Spielberg-ish flaws with the movie (he's just too sentimental to fully pull off a calculated killer movie like this), but it was put together really well. Unlike Syriana, it actually does a good job of presenting a complex story in a way that explains a lot. And despite its length, I didn't get distracted.

One of the best movies I've seen this past year, though not the best.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
swag said:
A couple weeks ago I saw Spielberg's Munich. There are some Spielberg-ish flaws with the movie (he's just too sentimental to fully pull off a calculated killer movie like this), but it was put together really well. Unlike Syriana, it actually does a good job of presenting a complex story in a way that explains a lot. And despite its length, I didn't get distracted.

Youre 100% right about Spielberg, he is way too sentimental.

If you have seen A.i you should know that the first half of the movie was directed by Spielberg after Kubricks notes and the second half was completely Spielbergs.

You can actually see when the movie goes from dramatic and intense to sentimental and boring. Im guessing that is where Stevieboy started directing after his own visions. Quite sad, it started off so good.

Why does everything have to be a fairytale ending to that guy?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Saw the originial 'scarface' from 1932 yesterday. Pretty interesting to see, especially as the story, the characters and a lot of the scenes are so recognizable. De Palma's Scarface is basically the same story only a different setting, a bit lengthened and made with 'superiour' filming technique.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
swag said:

Saving Private Ryan doesn't have Spielberg-ish touches though..
Now thats a movie, along with Schindler's list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)