Movies you've seen recently... (80 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Menace said:
King Kong, way too long and how the hell could they drag an ape that big to New York, it doesn't make sense, the ship would sink
who cares? Is a giant gorilla fighting with dinosaurs and falling in love with a blonde girl logical in any sense? not at all, but you're not there to see a well-thought thriller.

I saw it, and I liked it. If you ever want to see it, go to the cinema, or have a really good home-cinema. I think it'd be worthless on a small screen with regular sound.

If you're able to turn off you're brain, you'll like it. This is pure entertainment

Theodore

Big,Brute,PowerfulStriker
Dec 5, 2005
Geof said:
who cares? Is a giant gorilla fighting with dinosaurs and falling in love with a blonde girl logical in any sense? not at all, but you're not there to see a well-thought thriller.

I saw it, and I liked it. If you ever want to see it, go to the cinema, or have a really good home-cinema. I think it'd be worthless on a small screen with regular sound.

If you're able to turn off you're brain, you'll like it. This is pure entertainment

agree :agree:
that film was great !

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Geof said:

I was kind of thinking it was a bad documentary myself. ;)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
giong to see the lion the witch and the wardrobe tonight
read all the books when i was a kid so they have 20 years of imagination to live up to

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
Geof said:

ah, i found it average and boring as well

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Menace said:
King Kong, way too long and how the hell could they drag an ape that big to New York, it doesn't make sense, the ship would sink

Comedy bro....i like that..........DHL or Fed Ex could find a way....:agree:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
swag said:
I finally saw Syriana tonight. I'm not so sure... I think this movie could have been much more effective than the one they made. Sure, you get the point about the collusion between politics and big business. And yes, I do like the fact that they don't hit you over the head with the storylines. But the execution leaves a little lacking, IMO. That and I was the one among my wife and my two neighbors who saw the movie and seemed to get the most of what was going on, and yet I felt I could only follow about 60% of it.

It's a little over-earnest in trying to play the political intrigue card. Contrast this with, say, Day of the Jackal, and the flaws in execution really become apparent. But the movie does capture your attention. George Clooney is quite good in it too, IMO.

But I disagree that this movie adds any new light or perspectives on terrorism or the connection between energy supplies, public policy in the Middle East, and foreign policy between the West and the Middle East.

And also, my personal pet peeve, I continue to be personally offended by directors who ply cinemanausea techniques to try to convince us of their faux documentary aesthetics. Please, somebody -- pay a friggin' cameraman to hold the thing steady... not like some spastic alcoholic with the DTs. Is that too much to ask? I mean film of a computer monitor in an office does not need the jitter-and-shakes treatment, for crying out loud.

did you figure out the syrian angle?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
the lion the witch and the wardrobe was excellent,if you read the books as a child like i did you really have to go see this film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)