Movies you've seen recently... (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Man, how can you enjoy something like that... I can watch the most boring/stupid movies but I couldn't stand that one for more than 18 minutes.
You'll like it some years later.

Actually, I never even thought of watching it. I know what I am expecting from it. So, yes your conclusion was spot on (in one way or another)
Why?

What I liked? I thought the story was realistic. A retired performer can't do his job anymore, so what else is he gonna do? And not just a performer but a slightly screwed up individual, who can't manage his personal relationships very well, doesn't have any other skills and generally isn't great at thinking ahead. A guy who's given his life to his profession and that profession has in turn given him a good life (presumably), but he's neglected everything else. It's a mundane everyday life kind of story that has a lot to do with many people's lives and the risks and outcomes that may follow.
True and I have seen many people like Randy around me. People who just stop in a particular period of time and stick to it. They fail to adapt themselves to the world changing around them. They don't accept the changes, the society doesn't accept them. Randy loves everything related to the "past" in which he had been someone, a winner. Same goes for Cassidy and all the people whose jobs and popularity (being in the center of attentions) are bound to get expired. Athletes, models, actresses (actors to a lesser level IMO) are of that kind.

This dialog sums it up:

Randy: Goddamn they don't make em' like they used to.
Cassidy: Fuckin' 80's man, best shit ever !
Randy: Bet'chr ass man, Guns N' Roses! Rules.
Cassidy: Crue!
Randy: Yeah!
Cassidy: Def Lep!
Randy: Then that Cobain pussy had to come around & ruin it all.
Cassidy: Like theres something wrong with just wanting to have a good time?
Randy: I'll tell you somethin', I hate the fuckin' 90's.
Cassidy: Fuckin' 90's sucked.
Randy: Fuckin' 90's sucked.

If I wasn't sure that you'd get bored watching Sunset Blvd. I'd recommend it to you Martin :smile:

It is based on a true story, no?
No it's not.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yeah, they are both stuck in the past. She is obviously getting old for a stripper and the customers don't want her anymore.

What kind of people are you talking about that you know who are like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)