Movies you've seen recently... (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Eℓvin;2088833 said:
hmm Made me wonder if there are any actresses who are hot and good at acting at the same time, and came up with Charlize Theron so far. Actually Penelepe Cruz also.
One Oscar doesn't make you a good actress [Theron]. Penelope Cruz, Kate Winslet, Julianne Moore, Keira Knightley and if you're to pick among the past generations' actresses you can easily come up with Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn, Faye Dunaway, Julie Christie and many others.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Eℓvin;2088833 said:
hmm Made me wonder if there are any actresses who are hot and good at acting at the same time, and came up with Charlize Theron so far. Actually Penelepe Cruz also.
Easy: Jennifer Connelly. Arguably the most beautiful talented actress alive.

ps: I'll throw in Kate Beckinsale though she's not all that as an actor but she's definitely not a bad one either.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
What the fuck is so great about Star Wars?!
i think what you have to take into consideration is that it tapped into an uncharted movie genre, sure there were sci-fi movies at teh time but none that had the charisma of Star Wars. Lucas simply cherry picked the best things about every movie genre and amalgamated it into one sci-fi ball, there are elements of westerns in there,the great romance of medieval folklore and their Knights.....he basically riped off everything.e
but, as a child growing up i was taken to see Star Wars and Empire showing as a double matinée before Return of the Jedi came out. i was blown away by it, now i feel for my Mum because taking a young kid to sit through 4+ hours of science fiction must have seemed like a daunting prospect but i was glued to teh screen, it captured my imagination like nothing i had ever seen before.
obviously graphical effects have since made most of the processes used back then redundant and it will look dated to anyone just getting into the series, but if you just put your cynicism aside,regress back to a childlike mind and take it for what it is( a good old fashoined sci-fi romp) then there is so much to enjoy about the first 3 films

ĵџvє_вãвγ;2090364 said:
she is definitely overrated as a performer and she is not hot also..***..
:agree:nah i prefer a bit more of a woman, Kiera has a bum like a 6 year old boy, and a chest to match, that aint my bag Baby

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
ĵџvє_вãвγ;2090364 said:
she is definitely overrated as a performer and she is not hot also..***..
She's arguably the most talented actress of her generation. Had a very good performance both in Pride and Prejudice and Atonement.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Just caught the end of V for Vendetta seen it god knows how many times had to study it for terrorism culture and identity last year. I really dont know what to think off it lol. Some of the acting is great, some is terrible, it ignores the original story so much that it might aswell be called something else. Some of the 'quotes'/scripting is brilliant and some is shameful, but i still find it weirdly alluring and enjoyable. About to finally get around to watching 'The Network'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)