Movies you've seen recently... (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
it wasnt a remake, it was a sequal that the same name for some stupid reason. Iv not watched it, but i know that it starts from the end of the first film and the rest is set in LA i believe.

I just finished watching no country for old men, i dont get why everyone bitched out about it, the ending made sence to me, was a film about tommy lee and the main narrative a metaphor for tommy lee's mentality...iv got that right havent i?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Watched 3 movies over the weekend:

Boogeyman - incredibly boring & absolute crap.
The Alibi - mediocre movie, amusing at times.
Lakeview Terrace - decent movie, bit stupid at times but still enjoyable.

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
Terminator: Salvation

I expected alot from the movie, it kinda lived up to the hype, but fell abit flat towards the end. The movie also felt too short and kinda rushed at the end, but its a good start at the "new" trilogy of Terminator.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
dude, you have to stop watching these crappy movies
:p
I know! But sometimes (quite often actually) I'm just in the mood to watch crappy (B)- movies. From time to time I even end up enjoying them a lot :shifty:

Try Boogie Nights instead ;)
Already seen it about 4 or 5 times, great movie, terrific acting.

Anyway watched Planes, Trains & Automobiles last night. Must have been 5 years since I last watched it. Very enjoyable movie for me, not exactly laugh out loud funny but it does make you smile. Hilarious 80-ies music is always a plus.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Patriot Games - Couldn't even recall the last time I'd seen it, needless to say I remembered very little. Decent movie, definitely nothing special. I would obviously enjoy it more if I could actually stand Harisson Ford though.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Gran Torino

Boy, that Clint Eastwood is a hell of an actor. I like how he's dedicated his entire career to playing a grumpy old man at various ages. He does it so well.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Gran Torino

Boy, that Clint Eastwood is a hell of an actor. I like how he's dedicated his entire career to playing a grumpy old man at various ages. He does it so well.
I liked that film a lot.

For the whole second half of the film, you're having your head messed with by the fact that Eastwood is an iconic figure in his own right - is he going to go all man with no name/Dirty Harry on us, or is he doing something more clever than that? His confession is far an away the smartest piece of cinema I've seen in a while. Oh, and it has the best handling of the indignities of old age I've seen since Bubba Ho Tep.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I liked that film a lot.

For the whole second half of the film, you're having your head messed with by the fact that Eastwood is an iconic figure in his own right - is he going to go all man with no name/Dirty Harry on us, or is he doing something more clever than that? His confession is far an away the smartest piece of cinema I've seen in a while. Oh, and it has the best handling of the indignities of old age I've seen since Bubba Ho Tep.
Aha. I can't say I was feeling "messed with" exactly, to me it was pretty straightforward point A to point B plot.

Not bad, despite Clint being in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)