Movies you've seen recently... (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2006
Gran Torino... 8/10

The Day The Earth Stood Still... (6/10) good concept, but the movie lacked that "something" to make it stand out. I haven't seen the original, but with an 8/10 rating in IMDb, i'm sure it's better than this.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
the wrestler - was ok, but from reading reviews it's definately over rated, rourke was good though

pursuit of happiness - bored me to death, the movie itself wasn't bad, was just too slow, not enough happening and ended up being boring

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Hm. I understand what you're saying, but he was a great, great actor. I find Cassano an absolute prick and wouldn't want to be in the same room with him, but he does know how to play football.
There's more room for that in an athelete than an actor. I can think, "Cassano's an arsehole; what a pass!" in the same instant, but it's harder with an actor: if you're thinking about who he really is, you're losing immersion in the film.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
21 Grams.

I expected this to be a movie where Del Toro shone brightest,but it was Penn.Brilliant Brilliant performance and an excellent movie.
Odd that Penn won an Oscar for Mystic River in the same year. Mystic River wasn't half the performance that 21 Grams was.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Hm. I understand what you're saying, but he was a great, great actor. I find Cassano an absolute prick and wouldn't want to be in the same room with him, but he does know how to play football.
Well Heston was Mel Gibson before Mel Gibson. A talented fellow with a tendency to overact to the point of ruining a movie. El Cid is a good example if you want to laugh your tale off for 2 and a half hours.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ĵџvє_вãвγ;1915164 said:
Shanghai Surprise! God terrible movie! but i love it:D
I thought "Shanghai Surprise" was when you find out that your "Me-love-you-long-time" hot hooker turns out to be a tranny with a bad boob job who's tucking it between his legs when he walks.

Or maybe that's just my experiences... :shifty:

Audition is a good movie. City is just fun. Takashi has been making krazy movies in Japan for ages.
I liked Audition a lot except for that 10 minutes towards the end that almost ruined it completely.

Persuit of Happiness is one of my fav movies ever if not my fav. The only movie I had tears watching.
I had tears watching it myself. I was crying over the 90 minutes I'd never get back in my life. :doh:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I thought "Shanghai Surprise" was when you find out that your "Me-love-you-long-time" hot hooker turns out to be a tranny with a bad boob job who's tucking it between his legs when he walks.

Or maybe that's just my experiences... :shifty:
I had tears watching it myself. I was crying over the 90 minutes I'd never get back in my life. :doh:
Then what did you do for the 97 minuets of your life you'd never back watching "Shanghai Surprise"? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)