Movies you've seen recently... (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
i just watch Matrix Revo. was good.
The main few problems of it IMHO
1. It wasnt that deep, story wise, unlike the first two. No sense of mystery and stuff. And anyone realise there wasnt a 'really-hugely-long-deep-smart' conversation like in the other two movies where I and the other people will struggle to make sense of it at first but then realise what it means later on. None. It was just stupid 'i dont wanna hurt you' crap.

2. The acting at a whole was pathetic really. especially that Leftenan Commander. Reeves was mediocre as usual. The girl Sati was bad. No offence, she's only a kid, but there must be better kid actors out there that actually know a thing or two about acting.

3. People where still were 'digesting' Reloaded when this one came out. Joel Silver and the other producers at WB shoulda been more patient and released it next year or something. And that would allow the Warchowski bros. to make a more refined movie IMO.

4. I have to stress again, that the acting cast is just SO BAD.

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
The Ring was one of the best movies of last year. It had a really good plot and one of the scariest of all times. Brilliant movie.
What polt are you talking about, dear Zizou.....??????:confused:

and I don't think it's good AT ALL....:fero:

I wonder what do you all like about it???????:confused:

:):):)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
What's nice about it is that it does not try to scare you with special effects which nowadays are so common in horror movies that most people became immune to getting scared at the movies.

It is all psychological, all in the head. Movies that are really scary are those that you keep on thinking about them after the movie has finished. In that aspect I consider The Ring and The Exorcist as the scariest movies of all time. Even the Blair Witch Project is pretty good in that aspect.

Also most modern day scary movies don't have a good plot or none at all, but the ring has a very good one. Now if you were not able to follow it then it's your problem ;)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I agree with you Zizou.. The ring was so brilliant and well done..one of the best horror movies ever made.. I kept thinking about it for a week after I saw it.. it really scares the hell out of you..

I like the movies that have mind games..

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Well said Al Harbi! Other movies that have these mind games are the 6th sense and the others. When you find out what was actually happening, you can't help not to think about the whole movie to see where the hints were being dropped.

The ring scariest part is that little girl with her face covered by her hair. She's really haunting.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I never saw the japanese one, but the american one is good. This might not mean much to you guys, but critics are always harsh with horror movies; this on the other hand received excellent reviews and deservedly i must say.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
The only thing i didn't like about the Ring was when th girl came crawling out of the TV .... the movie was much more scary till that happened. they could have thought of something else.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
The only thing i didn't like about the Ring was when th girl came crawling out of the TV .... the movie was much more scary till that happened. they could have thought of something else.
hmm... actually that scene what make the movie somewhat a legend.. i know people who cant sleep for a week after they watched the movie because they have a tv set in their bedroom...

and i was talking about the original Japanese version of course... their graphic and make up techniques was more oldskul compre to the Computer graphicish American version..

but i have to say i am not dissapointed at at all with the English remake.. they managed to came out with an American friendly storyline wich dont stray away too much from the original... but IMO the Japanese one is more scarier..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeah... a friend of mine hav the japanese version.... but i have not seen it.

He says hat is much scarier than the american version.... and in those scenes when the girl is crawling out of the TV.... the japanesse actress do it really scary,,, much more than the american girl.

He told me that just to see that Jap girl walking is terrific :scared:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
What's nice about it is that it does not try to scare you with special effects which nowadays are so common in horror movies that most people became immune to getting scared at the movies.

It is all psychological, all in the head. Movies that are really scary are those that you keep on thinking about them after the movie has finished. In that aspect I consider The Ring and The Exorcist as the scariest movies of all time. Even the Blair Witch Project is pretty good in that aspect.

Also most modern day scary movies don't have a good plot or none at all, but the ring has a very good one. Now if you were not able to follow it then it's your problem ;)
well explained :thumb:

the scariest part, imo, is the Video tape itself! :eek: because it's so wierd....
the squeeky sound makes it so mysterious and wierd! (it's like the sound of loud silence if you know what i mean??!)
as dumb as i sound, that's as best as i could describe it

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yes the video itself!! The part where the woman is staring in the mirror..**** sake it`s so freaky! And the fact that there is no sound makes it even scarier.

I'm curious to watch the Jap version now too.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Imo this movie just proves you don't need silly special effects to scare people. I'm fed up of those movies with too much special effects.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yes the video itself!! The part where the woman is staring in the mirror..**** sake it`s so freaky! And the fact that there is no sound makes it even scarier.

I'm curious to watch the Jap version now too.
The Jap version's scarier IMO, and there's 3 movies.

if u guys remeber that i moved into a new house, i came home today, and my parents decided to put a mirror in my house as soon as u walk in and turn the corner. It reminded me of that scene :scared:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
bah..

as if :p

what if an armish person watches the video at someone else's house, then returns home? They can't really be killed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)