Movies you've seen recently... (100 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
Currently watching Armageddon.
Too funny. I first saw Pi and Armageddon as a "double feature" of two DVDs a friend lent me to watch one night. When he asked me what I thought about the two movies, I told him, "Pi was all brain and no budget, and Armageddon was all budget and no brain." ;)

Let me see if I can recite the dialog from the movie Armageddon again... what was that line... I think it was something like, "AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! <pause> AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! <explosion>"

Who writes this stuff?! :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Speaking of brainy movies, last night I caught a pretty geeked out but excellent flick while in Monterey. All the high school kids in town were headed to all the other features, and I was with all the grey hairs and the artist crowd to see Capote.

Brilliant movie, IMO. It's the antithesis of an action flick. You won't eat lots of popcorn and drink a lot of Coke to this. But the pace of the storytelling is riveting, and the acting is fantastic.

I've long been a fan of Philip Seymour Hoffman, as he's always playing roles of twisted loners on the fringe of society. This movie, which he was co-executive producer for, was to him what Ray was to Jamie Foxx. It's one of the best acting performances I've seen in years. And even the supporting cast is great -- Chris Cooper as the Kansas sheriff and Catherine keener as Nelle Harper Lee.

This isn't the mindless entertainment flick, so seriously avoid if you're looking or that. But if you want some great direction that takes you through the complex story of a famous author who gets entangled in his story of a gruesome murder, and acted impeccably, this film rocks.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Capote seems interesting. Will catch it when it comes out here.

The other night i watched War Of The Worlds. What a horrible movie! One of the worst stories i've ever seen. What the hell was Steven Spielberg thinking?!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I just came back from the cinema as well and I loved the movie a lot. Very well made, very realistic and I loved the way that things happened so fast. I enjoyed the real famous players' appearances as well.

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
&#1575;&#1604;&#1587;&#1601;&#1575;&#1585;&#1577; &#1601;&#1610; &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1605;&#1575;&#1585;&#1577;

by Adel Imam..

That man's a genius no doubt.. I can only seem to watch arabic movies if he's in them..
I loved it.. Taking a very humorous way of seeing a very bad situation.. Though I'm not sure about the ending.. I expected a bit of a more happy ending, such as the end of Israel, but hey, that is in NO way going to happen in the real world, so why bother..? :groan:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
There's this movie.. Green something hooligan, bout a football fan turned hooligan. I heard it was awesome, anyone seen it?
Green Streets? Frodo's in it. It's gotten good reviews, but I haven't seen it.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++
&#1575;&#1604;&#1587;&#1601;&#1575;&#1585;&#1577; &#1601;&#1610; &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1605;&#1575;&#1585;&#1577;

by Adel Imam..

That man's a genius no doubt.. I can only seem to watch arabic movies if he's in them..
I loved it.. Taking a very humorous way of seeing a very bad situation.. Though I'm not sure about the ending.. I expected a bit of a more happy ending, such as the end of Israel, but hey, that is in NO way going to happen in the real world, so why bother..? :groan:
What's the English title? Can't very well ring up the local cinema and say I would like to know if they show the movie with the title that starts with a dot, then a stripe, then a curl and then... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)