Movies you've seen recently... (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Should I read Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy first or watch the movie first ?

They say books are always better than movies though
if you think that movie is good enough, go for it... I honestly haven't even heard of it :angel: (then again, i'm no movie person). Besides, I think it's better to wait for the DVD version of "Kingdom of Heaven." :)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
After waching the the movie it seemed to me that Muslims(and Orlando-"Gray u were right anout him) were the protagonist, they were presented as the innocent-helpless and Faithfull victims tortured by the corrupted Christian wealth and gloryhunters.
That was about time from hollywood to present the story from the other side and show the flaws of west civilisation.
But since i do not know the the true facts about this era, in this certain time, i wont comment the historic exactity of what this film presents.
My experience thought to similar films leads to; severe mistaces and alteration of the true facts.
The film offered us a pleasant night but it cant be compared to a masterpiece like the Gladiator
and its not only that Bloom is much more superficial than Russel.

Hardly any other film can compete that at the moment!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++

The film offered us a pleasant night but it cant be compared to a masterpiece like the Gladiator
Gladiator a masterpeice?? ok

Anyway you cant really make these comparisons yet... as you have only seen half the intended film... It was absolutely butchered to get it down to the studios required running time for cinema release...only When we see the full film will see how good or bad it really is

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Anyway you cant really make these comparisons yet... as you have only seen half the intended film... It was absolutely butchered to get it down to the studios required running time for cinema release...only When we see the full film will see how good or bad it really is
I was just another spectator payed a ticket and watched a film at cinema
and as a film(i m refering to the artistic side of it)
Kingdom of heaven didnt offered to me what Gladiator did.
Whats the matter u didnt like the Gladiator?
Well ofcourse its relevant, i prefere the arhaic more than the medieval era,
i bet u dont.

I see ur point about the large part of the film being cut and i respect it,
but since they didnt respect my ticket, i want respect them more,
anyway its the best film lunched at this season IMO,
It can be compared to king Arthur,
but i want honour this film placing it close to the Gladiator
since IMO it dont has its magic.
And i dont thing it would, even if it had the Lorg of the Ring's duration and the budget of Orlando's Troy.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

It's kind of silly how they do that. I would have gladly sat through another 30 minutes to an hour to see an explanation of why half of the things in the story make sense. The plot seemed to progress awfully quickly and unrealistically.

A minor detail i forgot to mention: was it really necessary to take away Baldwin's dignity like that by showing his disfigured face?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It was necesary,
i believe it was rather symbolic,
he represented the church,
full of dignity,
white and shiny from the outside(clean as the snow),
a true and wise leader who manage to be fair and keep the balance,
his scope and plan seemed to be fair, he tried to do the best.
But from the inside his empire and world was rotten,
he had no right to be what he was,
he choosed Orlando to do the right thing for him,
because from all the people around him, he felt,
he isnt a hippocrite or a glory hunter like the rest
and through him the city and his soul was finally saved and free.

(or at least thats how i wanted to be)

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
I am going to watch "Any Given Sunday" tomorrow starring Al Pacino, James Woods, LL Cool J, Cameron Diaz, Jamie Foxx and Dennis Quaid.
Is it any good??

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
Al my favourite actor, getting comercial,
anyway its better than simone
I saw it today... IMO was it entertaining Al playing excellent as allways but i din't like Cameron Diaz character;)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Should I read Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy first or watch the movie first ?

They say books are always better than movies though
I'm a big Douglas Adams fan, loved the books, and thought the film was a wonderful adaption. I didn't feel at all the worse off for having read the books first, but I hadn't read them in a couple of years. I can't give you any real advice on which to do first, but I will say this: do both.

I watched Star Wars 3 there recently to. Not bad at all - some of the lines are a bit poorly written (much like this sentance), but certainly worth a look for cinema-lovers and Star Wars fans. The visuals were as awesome as we've come to expect from Lucas.

Aug 1, 2003
I just saw House of Wax. Not because I wanted to, but because EVERYTHING else was sold out - surprisingly even house of wax was a full house!! It was a 'nothing' movie, a bit weird actually. Good for relaxing in the theatre and eating a few Cheezels and drinking two bottles of mineral water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)