Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (16 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I'm gonna watch deep red the italian horror movie tomorrow night. I just hope it would be so bloody and scary to make me exciting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its April, but ladies and gentlemen, I'm here to tell you the movie of the year has already been made. Just got out of the screening of this gritty ethereal haunting tale of vengeance, pure visceral feast of the senses:

Stunning visuals, poetic dream like narrative. Brutal unrelenting violence. Shakespearean family drama.

What more do you need?

P.S was already fan of Alexander Skarsgård and @DAiDEViL's ingenious cuty pie Joy. But suprise of the movie is the acting of Danish actor Claes Bang.

Last edited:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Watched Batman today. Mixed feelings to be honest.

Pattinon was awesome, but the villains were extremely dissapointing. Especially Dano as Riddler. He was good until he was behind the mask, but when they reveal his identity it completely ruins it for me. He looks like a 7 year old kid. They should have gone with someone else i think. Ferrell as Penguin also comes across as an extremely under cooked character.

Also, Serkis as Alfred was a complete howler. Alfred is supposed to add a little comic relief, even if the whole movie is dark. None of that here. Caine played the role brilliantly.

All in all, the movie is worth a one time watch, but unlike the Keaton and Bale versions, it is is highly unlikely i will watch this one again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
The Father (2020)

Great film, no doubt
very much recommended

What makes this special is that rather than telling you what a demented person feels like it makes you go through it yourself by depriving you of all cognitive ability to make sense of a series of simple events and turning everything into quicksand.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Watched Batman today. Mixed feelings to be honest.

Pattinon was awesome, but the villains were extremely dissapointing. Especially Dano as Riddler. He was good until he was behind the mask, but when they reveal his identity it completely ruins it for me. He looks like a 7 year old kid. They should have gone with someone else i think. Ferrell as Penguin also comes across as an extremely under cooked character.

Also, Serkis as Alfred was a complete howler. Alfred is supposed to add a little comic relief, even if the whole movie is dark. None of that here. Caine played the role brilliantly.

All in all, the movie is worth a one time watch, but unlike the Keaton and Bale versions, it is is highly unlikely i will watch this one again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree about Bruce and Alfred.

What bothered me the most is this though. I thought the first 2/3rds we're great. I like that it gave the Riddler's actions almost some moral ambiguity, and that he had a large amount of support from the public as that's 100% how it would be in real life. It felt special and unique when compared to other superhero movies. Then then end comes, and it pivots to
Ok guys we're just going to drown and shoot everyone in the city for lulz now out of nowhere
and that undoes so much of what was good previously.

I still liked it, but it could've been better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)