Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (117 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Corn Island - I loved it. It was amazing @Post Ironic and I loved the contrast man vs men, man vs nature and contrast of the age beetween grandpa and that little girl. I was worried that I won't be able to find subs for this one, then I noticed how it had like 5-6 lines in the whole movie LOL. But I still loved it, it left a big impact and I could write a huge review while probably going on many sides. I loved how simple it was yet so beautiful. Some of the shots were really incredible. How do you define the ending? Kinda leaves me thinking about several options.

The English Patient - I actually liked this one. I hardly like such drama/love stories but I enjoyed it. Yet another movie of Ralph Fiennes that I liked. Overall quite enjoyable.

Reservoir Dogs - Most awesome scene is surely the scene when we listen to this

I'm not a Tarantino fan as his movies are mostly only over, over over-exaggrated violence which even turns out ugly. Not in a scary way, but simply meh. But this was a fine one as those scenes were limited bar some blood baths. IMO The Hateful Eight is a better movie although that's probably not a popular opinion.

Juzni Vetar
(South Wind) - After a long time I watch a (new) Serbian movie. It was different and something that West brought here, as it was "only" an action movie. With a limited budget I think it turned out quite well. I was not bored and some parts were really great. Car chases are obviously limited due to a budget but I did not mind that. A couple of years ago I said how I expect a lot from Milos Bikovic and I see he's on a road to become a famous guy even across the boarders. He worked on several projects with Nikita Mikhalkov so I also expect him to get roles in many Russian and European movies, but I surely won't be surprised if he starts acting in Hollywood in some mafia roles as some Serb/Russian guy. We have some amazing actors, sadly some passed away already, but we still have great ones. It was refresihing to see such movie here and hopefully it brings more money for new movies.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Corn Island - I loved it. It was amazing @Post Ironic and I loved the contrast man vs men, man vs nature and contrast of the age beetween grandpa and that little girl. I was worried that I won't be able to find subs for this one, then I noticed how it had like 5-6 lines in the whole movie LOL. But I still loved it, it left a big impact and I could write a huge review while probably going on many sides. I loved how simple it was yet so beautiful. Some of the shots were really incredible. How do you define the ending? Kinda leaves me thinking about several options.

The English Patient - I actually liked this one. I hardly like such drama/love stories but I enjoyed it. Yet another movie of Ralph Fiennes that I liked. Overall quite enjoyable.

Reservoir Dogs - Most awesome scene is surely the scene when we listen to this

I'm not a Tarantino fan as his movies are mostly only over, over over-exaggrated violence which even turns out ugly. Not in a scary way, but simply meh. But this was a fine one as those scenes were limited bar some blood baths. IMO The Hateful Eight is a better movie although that's probably not a popular opinion.

Juzni Vetar (South Wind) - After a long time I watch a (new) Serbian movie. It was different and something that West brought here, as it was "only" an action movie. With a limited budget I think it turned out quite well. I was not bored and some parts were really great. Car chases are obviously limited due to a budget but I did not mind that. A couple of years ago I said how I expect a lot from Milos Bikovic and I see he's on a road to become a famous guy even across the boarders. He worked on several projects with Nikita Mikhalkov so I also expect him to get roles in many Russian and European movies, but I surely won't be surprised if he starts acting in Hollywood in some mafia roles as some Serb/Russian guy. We have some amazing actors, sadly some passed away already, but we still have great ones. It was refresihing to see such movie here and hopefully it brings more money for new movies.
Hateful 8 and Reservoir Dogs are definitively Tarantino's best movies :agree:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The Lobster - What a horrible little piece of shit. One of the worst, if not the worst, movie that I watched this year. You know how they say "style over substance"? Well, this was shit style over even more shit substance.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I see critics shit on it and audience pretty much love it. I didn't watch it (yet) but I'd say it's pretty shit.
The lead actor is great as Mercury. But it just panders to big production scenes, cutting away all psychological depth and insight from the characters. Im sure it goes for entertaining some places.

Theres also a huge factual error in it that I havent seen any critics noticing.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
The Lobster - What a horrible little piece of shit. One of the worst, if not the worst, movie that I watched this year. You know how they say "style over substance"? Well, this was shit style over even more shit substance.
Never listen to Lanthimos shills
Ignore Lanthimos posts
Delete Lanthimos threads
:sergio:

You have to watch Kynódontas and The Killing of a Sacred Deer.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Meh. Utterly mediocre, forgettable and cliched.
I didn't find it so bad. I think people get too influenced by the critics and hate it even before they watch it (I'm not saying it's your case). The movie is fine for a Sunday afternoon, and I really enjoyed the Live Aid moment. And Joseph Mazzello
shlick-gif.gif

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I didn't find it so bad. I think people get too influenced by the critics and hate it even before they watch it (I'm not saying it's your case). The movie is fine for a Sunday afternoon, and I really enjoyed the Live Aid moment. And Joseph Mazzello
shlick-gif.gif
I purposely didn't read any reviews before going to see it. I agree, it's good to kill time, but hardly worthy as a biopic of one of the most legendary rock bands ever and the most famous front man.

Mercury was diagnosed with HIV in 1987. The Live Aid concert is in 1985. Seriously? How did the band sign off on this? It's a blatant lie.

You get no sense of understanding of their early success, peak and drop in popularity. The movie makes it look like the band are flying high when Mercury suddenly throws a fit and decides to leave - as soon as he comes back the band is right back at it. They were all nervous about not being relevant anymore, Mercury didn't even want to do the Live Aid gig to begin with.

Revisionism is strong in this movie, also shown with the scene where Freddy is throwing his flamboyant party and the entire band are sitting with the girlfriends claiming it's not really their scene. Bullshit :lol:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I purposely didn't read any reviews before going to see it. I agree, it's good to kill time, but hardly worthy as a biopic of one of the most legendary rock bands ever and the most famous front man.
I think you're a bit pushing here. If you look at the legacy Queen left behind, I see them most in artists like Muse, George Michael and My Chemical Romance. You'd think one of the most legendary rock bands ever and the most famous front man would leave a bit bigger footprint than that

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I think you're a bit pushing here. If you look at the legacy Queen left behind, I see them most in artists like Muse, George Michael and My Chemical Romance. You'd think one of the most legendary rock bands ever and the most famous front man would leave a bit bigger footprint than that
:howler:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
disagree, Queen are on AC&DC level at least and Freddie is more recognizable and memorable than anybody. And everybody knows the songs, ask some normies to name 5 songs of any band. Everybody knows Queen songs

we all hate homos but let's be real

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
disagree, Queen are on AC&DC level at least and Freddie is more recognizable and memorable than anybody. And everybody knows the songs, ask some normies to name 5 songs of any band. Everybody knows Queen songs

we all hate homos but let's be real
they definitely are level with the likes of AC&DC, Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, Metallica and many others, all big showman with great and memorable songs and you could fight all day long which was better. However history of rock music contains artists like Dylan, Rolling Stones, Nirvana, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Brown, Black Sabbath, even Radiohead, all created a huge ripple effect. Correct me if I'm missing something, but I don't see that impact from Queen, hence me saying that Nzoric was pushing it a bit.

Last edited:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Your overall stance on Queen is absolutely ridiculous, like so often with you and your opinions. Hardly worth arguing over, let alone taking it serious.
what's so ridiculous about it? and what's the added value of you coming in here and letting everyone know that you find it ridiculous and not worth arguing over? wouldn't the forum be cleaner and with less silly fights if people sometimes kept their resentment to themselves? if you don't like reading my posts just don't, no need to point it out over and over again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)