Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (34 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Is that the only alternative to a black maid where you live? :p Also the point is she shouldn't be getting credit for playing the same role.
what's wrong with playing the same role? one of the things I appreciate about Will Ferrell is that he knows his role and doesn't ruin movies/tv series like Vince Vaughn f.e. :p

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Anyone watched Cloverfield Paradox on Netflix already?
The cast looked promising, but it was pretty boring with necessary supernatural elements added in for no reason. The second Cloverfield was good, mostly because John Goodman.

- - - Updated - - -

The shape of water was such a mediocre movie with little to zero novelty or creativity, I don't get the hype at all. The only good thing was Richard Jenkins. And I guess they are gonna nominate Octavia Spencer every time she plays the stereotypical role of a black maid/help. Holly Hunter would have been a much much more deserved nominee.
For sure. She's done what 3 versions of The Help now that have received nominations?

- - - Updated - - -

Well white shemale then. What ever floats your boat.
Why she gotta play white? Kanye was right, racism still alive. :disagree:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Just watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople which induced a desire to rewatch Kikujiro :touched: But then again I don't want to have to deal with the feels again oh and speaking of japanese feel movies check out Sweet Bean (2015) it's really aaaaw

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Black Panther looks like a movie where the main goal is cashing in on black people. Hope I’m wrong.
We're both gonna be wrong. When I heard the music that's the first thing that popped into my mind.

??? after the batman trilogy and deadpool imo it is the 3rd of the best superheroes movies ever.
IMO it's one of the worst movies.

Comic is a piece of art. But movie itself is dogshit.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Black Panther looks like a movie where the main goal is cashing in on black people. Hope I’m wrong.
Fantastic director, great lead, pretty much a lesser known character that has incredible potential (in comics basically Batman and Tony stark combined, physically much more gifted, smarter and a head of state of land of Oz basically).

So if they fail with a project that has THIS much upside, its incredibly retarded.

But I doubt it, this director is just too legit to make a hamfest attempt.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Black Panther is exciting because it shows a highly developed ethnocentric, isolationist society with zero diversity and a hard on for border security, just the way I love my societies :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 32)