Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (47 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Blade Runner 2049 was really boring, needlessly long and preditable. I hadn't seen the first one, and would not have watched this one either if it was not for Denis Villeneuve. Even he couldn't do much with this script.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Really? I think you can understand the second movie quite well, without seeing the first one. However, the minor details will make 2049 a lot better.

Having said that, I watched it last night and I absolutely loved it. Great movie.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
You hadn't seen the first one? Then why bother seeing this? Pointless.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Not pointless at all, because i am aware of everything, still the movie is meh...

Really? I think you can understand the second movie quite well, without seeing the first one. However, the minor details will make 2049 a lot better.

Having said that, I watched it last night and I absolutely loved it. Great movie.
Should i watch Blade Runner 2049 if i didn't watch any of the previous 2048 ones?
Depends on what type of movies you like. They tried really hard to make this work with the director and Gosling, but its just :ghey:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
You peasants shut up and go watch Blade Runner because of Roger Deakins

Catching up on his movies right now, had The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford today :delpiero: :delpiero: :delpiero:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Blade Runner 2049 was really boring, needlessly long and preditable. I hadn't seen the first one, and would not have watched this one either if it was not for Denis Villeneuve. Even he couldn't do much with this script.
When I hear anyone call a movie boring I just know I’m gonna love it cause I know it’s gonna be long and well paced. And this was it.

The movie was fantastic. Instant classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Not pointless at all, because i am aware of everything, still the movie is meh...

Depends on what type of movies you like. They tried really hard to make this work with the director and Gosling, but its just :ghey:
No, you’re not. Unless you watch the first one you’re really not aware of anything. There’s a style and a certain pace and vibe to the first movie, it’s a very unique strong character movie. It’s likr watching the latest Star Wars without watching any of the old ones, you’ll understand but not really feel it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
When I hear anyone call a movie boring I just know I’m gonna love it cause I know it’s gonna be long and well paced. And this was it.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you’re not. Unless you watch the first one you’re really not aware of anything. There’s a style and a certain pace and vibe to the first movie, it’s a very unique strong character movie. It’s likr watching the latest Star Wars without watching any of the old ones, you’ll understand but not really feel it.
I wouldn't worry. Ramin is one of the harshest reviews on the forum. I think I've seen him like 1 or 2 films ever.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest problem with this movie is the plot, which is based on some miracle that happened to a replicant after 30 years. Ridiculous! Not a suprise when I noticed that one of writers worked on The Green Lantern. This guy can surely entertain teenagers.

And the music was annoyingly loud and did not go with the feel of the movie at all.

I wouldn't worry. Ramin is one of the harshest reviews on the forum. I think I've seen him like 1 or 2 films ever.
The Handmaiden was a great movie. There, more than two movies I liked. ;)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Just picked up Blade Runner tickets for Friday and considering this movie has been screening for only 5 days I expected some breadcrumb seats but apparently nobody gives a shit. Only few seats were reserved and I could pick my favourite ones. I hope commercial failure will not discourage film makers from creating this type of movie

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I loved it. After 1h passed I was like 'damn, this soundtrack is amazing'. In the end I noticed that it was Hans Zimmer behind it! No fucking surprise! The guy makes the best music out there. What a brilliant mind, jeez!
insta ringtone material man. i loved it. i knew that it will be slow paced but its a cinematic brilliance. btw i haven't seen the first one. gonna try seeing it 2nite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)