Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (72 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I went to see Avatar on Thursday, not knowing it was the premiere and the place was packed. Anyway, it was a beautiful film that I want to go and see again straight away. The storyline itself is borrowed from other films and stories and the dialogue is a little clumsy and clichéd at times, and the issue or morality crops up a lot which is quite ironic, but it kept me interested all the way through and hopefully Cameron does make sequels.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I saw avatar and I was impressed with the visuals and the fantasy world they had created. The plot was lacking and the movie got corny and predictable at times but it was well worth seeing IMO

Guardian

Dec 28, 2005
I watched Avatar and I can say that it is a modernized "Pocahontas" fairytale. The film-makers have created an amazing world, where imagination has no limits, you will fall in love with the new world and with the incredible creatures there. Don't expect much from the plot though, just enjoy what you see. And while the story is quite simple and predictable, I think there is a message sent to the viewers.

edit: this is the 1111st post in the thread, that must be a sign for something. Well, I drank one beer during the movie, one cocktail after it, one glass of wine for a dinner, maybe something tells me that it's time for vodka at such cold night.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I saw avatar and I was impressed with the visuals and the fantasy world they had created. The plot was lacking and the movie got corny and predictable at times but it was well worth seeing IMO
You just described a typical James Cameron movie.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You just described a typical James Cameron movie.
I'm not sure how many james cameron movies I have seen but I know the first two terminators were his and I liked both of those.
His Alien wasnt just visuals, but yeah is a very technical/CGI visual experience guy, instead of a storyteller.
And I thought it was excellent, the world he created was beautiful

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He has an absolute master at his type of thing. So I expect it to be beautiful.

I'm going to see it in Tuesday, my first 3D movie, hope the movie is very long (I like long movies) because it will be the most expensive cinema price for a movie yet for moi.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
He has an absolute master at his type of thing. So I expect it to be beautiful.

I'm going to see it in Tuesday, my first 3D movie, hope the movie is very long (I like long movies) because it will be the most expensive cinema price for a movie yet for moi.
About 2 hours 40 minutes mate.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The end part, the suit marine should of just knifed the main blue guy to death not wait around looking for trouble.

That was the most corniest part for me.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
If you didn't like either of those you must have high standards, I thought they were much better than most recent comedies. What comedy movies do you like?
I dont like a film based on one fucking joke - Woody wants a fucking twinky....well i dont give a fuck. Or a director that steals his own jokes and passes them off in a package of racism, narcasism and setting it in las vegas. Both are pathetic examples of what is a great genre.

The best comedy film of the past few years is 'In Bruges'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)