Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (80 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It would be the old one James Coburn plays also, he was a very cool guy. Liked him a lot in Payback with Mel Gibson.
Yeah, i agree Seven Samurai is class! There is also a Bollywood adaptation from that movie.

Kurusawa's Rashomon is also a very good movie.

Still undecided maybe i need a comedy after 1917, that's why i tend to Johnny English hmmmm
Watch Dumb and Dumber. Perfect for this period of year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yea I'm gonna skip this one. I don't mind shocking content as long as the movie is good. From the sound of things, it isn't.
It's crap, I kind of glossed over it once. Exaggerated shock value and nothing else, like a poor cross between the Saw or Hostel movies and 70s shock horrors like I Spit On Your Grave.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Outside the Wire - Don't watch it except for lazy friday/Saturday afternoon with nothing else on.

Good action, interesting leads (tho Mackie and netflix getting played out), but half way through zero story, zero plot. Just becomes outright and flat out amateur hour of incoherent nonsense.

Netflix tv series = Consistently good and bringing the masses to your service.

Netflix movies = lets give huge budgets and A list actors to moronic and brainless film student level directors.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I really liked El abrazo de la serpiente. Great and beautiful movie. I had many moments when I wished it wasn't black and white, though. I assume more people would like this one compared to Pájaros de verano which is more artistic and not for everyone. Ciro Guerra is so young, man, that guy is gonna make his career huge imo.

I also watched Durante la tormenta. Whoever likes a bit of mindfucks he should watch it. I really enjoyed it. Nice relaxing movie. Oriol Paulo made some really entertaining movies :tup:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Outside the Wire - Don't watch it except for lazy friday/Saturday afternoon with nothing else on.

Good action, interesting leads (tho Mackie and netflix getting played out), but half way through zero story, zero plot. Just becomes outright and flat out amateur hour of incoherent nonsense.

Netflix tv series = Consistently good and bringing the masses to your service.

Netflix movies = lets give huge budgets and A list actors to moronic and brainless film student level directors.
Actually a lot of the series fit the same description as the movies. The very few are good

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I really liked El abrazo de la serpiente. Great and beautiful movie. I had many moments when I wished it wasn't black and white, though. I assume more people would like this one compared to Pájaros de verano which is more artistic and not for everyone. Ciro Guerra is so young, man, that guy is gonna make his career huge imo.

I also watched Durante la tormenta. Whoever likes a bit of mindfucks he should watch it. I really enjoyed it. Nice relaxing movie. Oriol Paulo made some really entertaining movies :tup:
Nice ones! Two of the best films from the last couple of years! Embrace of the Serpent and Birds of Passage that is (please use English titles so I don't need to google :D).

Considering his English debut flopped (haven't seen it yet though), and that he's accused of sexual harassment, I'm not sure Ciro Guerra's future is that bright though. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Somebody watched Hamilton? Is it as good as they say?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8503618/?ref_=tt_urv
No, I wasn't a big fan. It's not entire bad though, but it's definitely too long. I'm quite sure you'd hate it though. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)