Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (202 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This director (Ric Roman Waugh) specializes in gritty crime dramas about prison system and its failings/ draconian realities. Since I recognized the style I checked, and yeah what do you know, its the same one who made, Felon from 2008, quite good and really underrated one too (even uses same actors in some of it too, Jon Berenthal, Benjamin Bratt and several others. And Snitch, who had potential and similar plot, but had its gravitas kinda semi-ruined by starring The Rock who sticks out too much...

Compared to Nicholai Coaster-Waldau who is flatout amazing in Shot caller, by far the best movie of the 3, these other 2 was good practice to make it seems (very similar themes).

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
@Völler @GordoDeCentral

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~tstronds/nostalghia.com/TheTopics/Kurosawa_on_Solaris.html

"I saw this film late at night in a preview room in Moscow for the first time, and soon I felt my heart aching in agony with a longing to returning to the earth as quickly as possible. Marvellous progress in science we have been enjoying, but where will it lead humanity after all? Sheer fearful emotion this film succeeds in conjuring up in our soul. Without it, a science fiction movie would be nothing more than a petty fancy.

Tarkovsky was together with me then. He was at the corner of the studio. When the film was over, he stood up, looking at me as if he felt timid. I said to him, "Very good. It makes me feel real fear." Tarkovsky smiled shyly, but happily. And we toasted vodka at the restaurant in the Film Institute. Tarkovsky, who didn't drink usually, drank a lot of vodka, and went so far as to turn off the speaker from which music had floated into the restaurant, and began to sing the theme of samurai from Seven Samurai at the top of his voice.

As if to rival him, I joined in.

For I was at that moment very happy to find myself living on Earth."

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
This director (Ric Roman Waugh) specializes in gritty crime dramas about prison system and its failings/ draconian realities. Since I recognized the style I checked, and yeah what do you know, its the same one who made, Felon from 2008, quite good and really underrated one too (even uses same actors in some of it too, Jon Berenthal, Benjamin Bratt and several others. And Snitch, who had potential and similar plot, but had its gravitas kinda semi-ruined by starring The Rock who sticks out too much...

Compared to Nicholai Coaster-Waldau who is flatout amazing in Shot caller, by far the best movie of the 3, these other 2 was good practice to make it seems (very similar themes).

Shit caller was great. These other two seem basically the same are they worth watching? Just how different are they?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They are worth watching, or more like one is, Felon which is really good, spends more time inside prison then shot caller (not as good as latter, but still intense) . Snitch is more alright family angle to it and not to the rests standard.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Takashi Miike, the disturbed mad man director is back :D Cant make a regular flick ever lol, he just adapted one of the craziest/goriest manga's in Blade of Immortal.

In some dark corner of the cinema, Tarantino will watch while fapping away grunting fuck yes :tuttosport: :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It doesnt look good trailer wise, but I hope Bill Skarsgård does a good job, good young actor. But incredible shoes to fill with this role, following up on Tim Curry.

And yeah I would never go to see this on cinema, at best out of options lazy download.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Takashi Miike, the disturbed mad man director is back :D Cant make a regular flick ever lol, he just adapted one of the craziest/goriest manga's in Blade of Immortal.

In some dark corner of the cinema, Tarantino will watch while fapping away grunting fuck yes :tuttosport: :D
Ahmagad

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Ok, so I watched Alien: Covenant. What a piece of shit movie that was.

First off, the storyline was rather meh compared to all other Alien movies. By meh I mean standard and repetative stuff that happens in almost every movie. But it's not just that, this movie has moved the borders of a word: stupid. Firstly, aren't they scientists? People who are well prepared for space travels and this sort of stuff? I laughed so hard when they went to another planet, the guy went on his knee and snorked some mushroom that was on a ground!? LOL. A scientist! Or just a guy with a brain. I knew better in 5th grade when they taught me basic stuff in the chemistry class. Also, that girl that went into the cave and started to wash herself with some dirty-water and whoknowswhat else in it toxic thing that they didn't even test or something. Then there's the synethetic guy who just pops up with a huge ass flare that scares the alien and says 'come with me'. I don't know if I ever saw anything more pathetic than that scene. Turns out he was there for 10 years, all alone, living in a cave where he had scissors! I mean, seriously, what the fuck... there was also a tombstone with an engraving on it, while I really wonder how he made that stuff. Then there's the team leader who went into the dark room where he followed a robot-guy who was a threat, yet he agreed to see in a close-up how looks a flower-alien that managed to fuck him up. Just... seriously? How fuck stupid they are? I didn't like the music as well. Some parts were great but other parts totally missed the point. Lastly, does every space movie with aliens in it has to have an alien aboard? While there's nothing wrong with it, why does it always have to be 'lets flush him out with air' type of strategy? So cheeky and yet in the end way too predictable. Total let down. Prometheus is light years better than this movie. Really, really, really shit movie. As a genre I'd actually write how it's a sci-fi comedy.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Ok, so I watched Alien: Covenant. What a piece of shit movie that was.

First off, the storyline was rather meh compared to all other Alien movies. By meh I mean standard and repetative stuff that happens in almost every movie. But it's not just that, this movie has moved the borders of a word: stupid. Firstly, aren't they scientists? People who are well prepared for space travels and this sort of stuff? I laughed so hard when they went to another planet, the guy went on his knee and snorked some mushroom that was on a ground!? LOL. A scientist! Or just a guy with a brain. I knew better in 5th grade when they taught me basic stuff in the chemistry class. Also, that girl that went into the cave and started to wash herself with some dirty-water and whoknowswhat else in it toxic thing that they didn't even test or something. Then there's the synethetic guy who just pops up with a huge ass flare that scares the alien and says 'come with me'. I don't know if I ever saw anything more pathetic than that scene. Turns out he was there for 10 years, all alone, living in a cave where he had scissors! I mean, seriously, what the fuck... there was also a tombstone with an engraving on it, while I really wonder how he made that stuff. Then there's the team leader who went into the dark room where he followed a robot-guy who was a threat, yet he agreed to see in a close-up how looks a flower-alien that managed to fuck him up. Just... seriously? How fuck stupid they are? I didn't like the music as well. Some parts were great but other parts totally missed the point. Lastly, does every space movie with aliens in it has to have an alien aboard? While there's nothing wrong with it, why does it always have to be 'lets flush him out with air' type of strategy? So cheeky and yet in the end way too predictable. Total let down. Prometheus is light years better than this movie. Really, really, really shit movie. As a genre I'd actually write how it's a sci-fi comedy.
I liked it when I was at the movies, but when I think about it now, you do have valid points. Prometheus was sick, just wished she was still alive and it shows her going to our creators.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 200)