Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (128 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Saw Conjuring 2 yesterday. James Wan is the only horror director today who knows what he's doing.
Cant say im a fan of the first one. Hard to find good horror these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Just came back from a Dunkirk premiere. I expect a great movie and it was even better than I was hoping for. Nolan did it again. Acting was pretty great, hell, even a guy from One Direction didn't stand out as a bad choice. I like the fact how there weren't any bullshit scenes like when a guy holds a picture of his mom/gf/dog and how he says he's coming back home. No that shit this time because there's actually a real fucking war going on and somebody is on your ass, so you don't care for a photo, you just care to survive. It's not a typical war movie as there aren't many fighting and killing but it's more about survival. I just love how it was filmed, shots were incredible, those guys behind cameras did a magnificent job. Music didn't stand out as I expect it from Hans Zimmer, but then again, it was not a typical soundtrack like it was from Batman, Gladiator and Interstellar where you have a score you can listen to every day (at least I can). He made music for a war movie and it was amazing. You could feel the agnoy that war brings, you can feel the fear from it, and it fits the scenes in a perfect way. I like the mixture of the stories, land, in the air, in the water, so when you combine everything you just get a quality movie. Sadly I rarely go the cinema due to my budget, but I'd surely recommend going to the cinema for this one. I'd always prefer the cinema, but tbh some movies are just the same even when you watch from home, but not this one. It's gonna be the stupidest decision if it gets ignored for the Oscar (eventhough the Oscar itself means shit nowadays) because they deserve it. Like I said, it's not a typical war movie, but imo it's the best war movie made so far. It's incredible.

Following was just the beginning. Memento, Batman trilogy, Interstellar, The Prestige, Inception... and now Dunkirk. Holy fucking shit. This guy is crazy. Hats down. I'm gonna watch his next movie even if it's about Inter winning a Scudetto.
I read the first sentence im glad its good i dont want to know anymore il have to watch it asap then il read the rest of your post after :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Just came back from a Dunkirk premiere. I expect a great movie and it was even better than I was hoping for. Nolan did it again. Acting was pretty great, hell, even a guy from One Direction didn't stand out as a bad choice. I like the fact how there weren't any bullshit scenes like when a guy holds a picture of his mom/gf/dog and how he says he's coming back home. No that shit this time because there's actually a real fucking war going on and somebody is on your ass, so you don't care for a photo, you just care to survive. It's not a typical war movie as there aren't many fighting and killing but it's more about survival. I just love how it was filmed, shots were incredible, those guys behind cameras did a magnificent job. Music didn't stand out as I expect it from Hans Zimmer, but then again, it was not a typical soundtrack like it was from Batman, Gladiator and Interstellar where you have a score you can listen to every day (at least I can). He made music for a war movie and it was amazing. You could feel the agnoy that war brings, you can feel the fear from it, and it fits the scenes in a perfect way. I like the mixture of the stories, land, in the air, in the water, so when you combine everything you just get a quality movie. Sadly I rarely go the cinema due to my budget, but I'd surely recommend going to the cinema for this one. I'd always prefer the cinema, but tbh some movies are just the same even when you watch from home, but not this one. It's gonna be the stupidest decision if it gets ignored for the Oscar (eventhough the Oscar itself means shit nowadays) because they deserve it. Like I said, it's not a typical war movie, but imo it's the best war movie made so far. It's incredible.

Following was just the beginning. Memento, Batman trilogy, Interstellar, The Prestige, Inception... and now Dunkirk. Holy fucking shit. This guy is crazy. Hats down. I'm gonna watch his next movie even if it's about Inter winning a Scudetto.
Can't wait for Saturday :weee:

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
Just came back from a Dunkirk premiere. I expected a great movie and it was even better than I was hoping for. Nolan did it again. Acting was pretty great, hell, even a guy from One Direction didn't stand out as a bad choice. I like the fact how there weren't any bull$#@! scenes like when a guy holds a picture of his mom/gf/dog and how he says he's coming back home. No that $#@! this time because there's actually a real $#@!ing war going on and somebody is on your ass, so you don't care for a photo, you just care to survive. It's not a typical war movie as there aren't many fighting and killing but it's more about survival. I just love how it was filmed, shots were incredible, those guys behind cameras did a magnificent job. Music didn't stand out as I expect it from Hans Zimmer, but then again, it was not a typical soundtrack like it was from Batman, Gladiator and Interstellar where you have a score you can listen to every day (at least I can). He made music for a war movie and it was amazing. You could feel the agnoy that war brings, you can feel the fear from it, and it fits the scenes in a perfect way. I like the mixture of the stories, land, in the air, in the water, so when you combine everything you just get a quality movie. Sadly I rarely go the cinema due to my budget, but I'd surely recommend going to the cinema for this one. I'd always prefer the cinema, but tbh some movies are just the same even when you watch from home, but not this one. It's gonna be the stupidest decision if it gets ignored for the Oscar (eventhough the Oscar itself means $#@! nowadays) because they deserve it. Like I said, it's not a typical war movie, but imo it's the best war movie made so far. It's incredible.

Following was just the beginning. Memento, Batman trilogy, Interstellar, The Prestige, Inception... and now Dunkirk. Holy $#@!ing $#@!. This guy is crazy. Hats down. I'm gonna watch his next movie even if it's about Inter winning a Scudetto.
It is a kinda weird movie, but to call it best war movie ever..

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Just came back from a Dunkirk premiere. I expected a great movie and it was even better than I was hoping for. Nolan did it again. Acting was pretty great, hell, even a guy from One Direction didn't stand out as a bad choice. I like the fact how there weren't any bullshit scenes like when a guy holds a picture of his mom/gf/dog and how he says he's coming back home. No that shit this time because there's actually a real fucking war going on and somebody is on your ass, so you don't care for a photo, you just care to survive. It's not a typical war movie as there aren't many fighting and killing but it's more about survival. I just love how it was filmed, shots were incredible, those guys behind cameras did a magnificent job. Music didn't stand out as I expect it from Hans Zimmer, but then again, it was not a typical soundtrack like it was from Batman, Gladiator and Interstellar where you have a score you can listen to every day (at least I can). He made music for a war movie and it was amazing. You could feel the agnoy that war brings, you can feel the fear from it, and it fits the scenes in a perfect way. I like the mixture of the stories, land, in the air, in the water, so when you combine everything you just get a quality movie. Sadly I rarely go the cinema due to my budget, but I'd surely recommend going to the cinema for this one. I'd always prefer the cinema, but tbh some movies are just the same even when you watch from home, but not this one. It's gonna be the stupidest decision if it gets ignored for the Oscar (eventhough the Oscar itself means shit nowadays) because they deserve it. Like I said, it's not a typical war movie, but imo it's the best war movie made so far. It's incredible.

It was easily worth the extra I paid to watch it in IMAX. If only there was a proper 70mm IMAX around.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
It is a kinda weird movie, but to call it best war movie ever..
:agree:

I know it's a boring choice and @Post Ironic will most likely dislike me for it :)P) but i'll go with Saving Private Ryan.
There are many other great war/anti war movies though, like Apocalypse Now, Platoon or Full Metal Jacket. Though competition.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

I know it's a boring choice and @Post Ironic will most likely dislike me for it :)P) but i'll go with Saving Private Ryan.
There are many other great war/anti war movies though, like Apocalypse Now, Platoon or Full Metal Jacket. Though competition.
Haven't seen Dunkirk yet, but check out Come and See & Paths of Glory. The two best War movies I've seen so far.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

I haven't seen Dunkirk but agreed on Saving Privatr Ryan.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Just came back from a Dunkirk premiere. I expected a great movie and it was even better than I was hoping for. Nolan did it again. Acting was pretty great, hell, even a guy from One Direction didn't stand out as a bad choice. I like the fact how there weren't any bullshit scenes like when a guy holds a picture of his mom/gf/dog and how he says he's coming back home. No that shit this time because there's actually a real fucking war going on and somebody is on your ass, so you don't care for a photo, you just care to survive. It's not a typical war movie as there aren't many fighting and killing but it's more about survival. I just love how it was filmed, shots were incredible, those guys behind cameras did a magnificent job. Music didn't stand out as I expect it from Hans Zimmer, but then again, it was not a typical soundtrack like it was from Batman, Gladiator and Interstellar where you have a score you can listen to every day (at least I can). He made music for a war movie and it was amazing. You could feel the agnoy that war brings, you can feel the fear from it, and it fits the scenes in a perfect way. I like the mixture of the stories, land, in the air, in the water, so when you combine everything you just get a quality movie. Sadly I rarely go the cinema due to my budget, but I'd surely recommend going to the cinema for this one. I'd always prefer the cinema, but tbh some movies are just the same even when you watch from home, but not this one. It's gonna be the stupidest decision if it gets ignored for the Oscar (eventhough the Oscar itself means shit nowadays) because they deserve it. Like I said, it's not a typical war movie, but imo it's the best war movie made so far. It's incredible.

Nolan is a generational talent for sure. That guy can't make a bad movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 125)