Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (63 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Picked up Criterion's new blu-ray of Lynch's Mulholland Drive about a month ago. Finally got around to watching the film again tonight, 5-6 years on from the 2nd time I'd watched it. Fucking amazing. I cannot recall the conversations about Lynch here, I recall opinion being quite split on him, especially films like Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway, Inland Empire... but this one is just so damn brilliant, from atmosphere, to the narrative, to the rug being pulled from beneath that narrative, to the acting, to the score... amazing.

And on that note. Why the hell did they have to delay Season 3 of Twin Peaks until 2017. Now I just want the next year to go by in a flash. So damn excited after being so worried when Lynch said he was leaving the project. 2017, hurry up and arrive.
Those are my three favorite movies by him. Lost Highway being the one that impressed me most.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Insert link please
It's not out until the 18th. :D

This is the tracklist. Some of the song titles are minor spoilers, I suspect.
Side A:

01 Ennio Morricone: "L'Ultima Diligenza di Red Rock - Versione Integrale"
02 Ennio Morricone: "Overture"
03 Jennifer Jason Leigh, Kurt Russell, Samuel L. Jackson: "Major Warren Meet Daisy Domergue"
04 Ennio Morricone: "Narratore Letterario"
05 The White Stripes: "Apple Blossom"
06 Tim Roth, Kurt Russell: "Frontier Justice"
07 Ennio Morricone: "L'Ultima Diligenza di Red Rock - #2"
Side B:

08 Ennio Morricone: "Neve - Versione Integrale"
09 Kurt Russell, Michael Madsen: "This Here Is Daisy Domergue"
10 Ennio Morricone: "Sei Cavalli"
11 Ennio Morricone: "Raggi di Sole Sulla Montagna"
12 Samuel L. Jackson, Walton Goggins, Bruce Dern: "Son Of The Bloody Ni**er Killer Of Baton Rouge"
Side C:

13 Jennifer Jason Leigh Featuring Kurt Russell: "Jim Jones At Botany Bay"
14 Ennio Morricone: "Neve - #2"
15 Samuel L. Jackson, Demián Bichir, Walton Goggins: "Uncle Charlie's Stew"
16 Ennio Morricone: "I Quattro Passeggeri"
17 Ennio Morricone: "La Musica Prima del Massacro"
18 Ennio Morricone: "L'Inferno Bianco - Synth"
19 Tim Roth, Walton Goggins, Kurt Russell: "The Suggestive Oswaldo Mobray"
Side D:

20 David Hess: "Now You're All Alone"
21 Ennio Morricone: "Sangue e Neve"
22 Ennio Morricone: "L'Inferno Bianco - Ottoni"
23 Ennio Morricone: "Neve - #3"
24 Walton Goggins, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Michael Madsen: "Daisy's Speech"
25 Ennio Morricone: "La Lettera di Lincoln - Strumentale"
26 Ennio Morricone, Walton Goggins: "La Lettera di Lincoln - Con Dialogo"
27 Roy Orbison: "There Won't Be Many Coming Home"
28 Ennio Morricone: "La Puntura Della Morte"

Morricone interview:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/ar...ocial&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1449152867

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty much just a documentary imo.
By today's standards, for sure. But it's not a Wisemann documentary, he's right about that. It is using filmmaking techniques primarily known from the fiction film. Not that this makes it any worse, imo.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
By today's standards, for sure. But it's not a Wisemann documentary, he's right about that. It is using filmmaking techniques primarily known from the fiction film. Not that this makes it any worse, imo.
I think it was well made. It holds your attention and you get a feeling of the struggle these men must have faced. Not sure what more you could expect really.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
What's your best movies from school? Mine is Pink Floyd - The Wall and Goodbye Lenin.
Das Leben der Anderen, Goodbye Lenin, Christiane F, Der Untergang are the usual suspects when you have German classes. All pretty good ones too. I probably forgot about the crappy ones. :D

Besides that, I guess Schindler's List was pretty 'cool' to watch back in primary school.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Das Leben der Anderen, Goodbye Lenin, Christiane F, Der Untergang are the usual suspects when you have German classes. All pretty good ones too. I probably forgot about the crappy ones. :D

Besides that, I guess Schindler's List was pretty 'cool' to watch back in primary school.
You're younger than me. We didn't watch that many movies. Some of them are "new".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)