Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (25 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
How did Big Hero 6 win best animated feature over The Tale of Princess Kaguya? :sergio:

I was hoping for Leviathan over Ida in the foreign film category also. Oh well. 0 for 2 so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Julianne Moore winning best actress is awesome. She's so adorable. :heart:

Birdman winning is great too. Michael Keaton should have won best actor over Eddie Redmayne imo. Still shocked that Ralph Fiennes didn't at the very least receive a nomination.
Neither did Joaquin Phoenix.

I wish Birdman and Boyhood had shared the big awards (director and film). I loved Birdman but I'd give the best picture to Boyhood.

- - - Updated - - -

Camp X Ray :tup::tup:

Interesting take on life at Gitmo. Pretty optimistic outlook at the prisoner - guard relationship. K-stew delivers and the guy who plays Ali is top notch.
Peyman Moaadi :heart:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
So glad Boyhood never won Best Picture. Disappointed Eddie whatever won best actor he already looks and acts disabled i dont think it took much acting to produce that performance and i cant see him doing anything social in the near future. Ralph Fiennes, Jake gyllenhaal, Joaquin Pheonix, Tom Hardy for Locke were robbed of nominations. Whiplash and GBH were my favourites from the nominees for best picture. Im not a huge Nolan fan but Intersteller deserved better recognition as did McConaughy for his performance in it which i actually thought was better than his performance in Dallas buyers club.

The Oscars suck but i will still continue to have an interest ever ly year because im a movie freak.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So glad Boyhood never won Best Picture. Disappointed Eddie whatever won best actor he already looks and acts disabled i dont think it took much acting to produce that performance and i cant see him doing anything social in the near future. Ralph Fiennes, Jake gyllenhaal, Joaquin PheonixTom Hardy for Locke were robbed of nominations. Whiplash and GBH were my favourites from the nominees for best picture. Im not a huge Nolan fan but Intersteller deserved better recognition as did McConaughy for his performance in it which i actually thought was better than his performance in Dallas buyers club.

The Oscars suck but i will still continue to have an interest ever ly year because im a movie freak.
:shifty:

:lol:

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
So glad Boyhood never won Best Picture. Disappointed Eddie whatever won best actor he already looks and acts disabled i dont think it took much acting to produce that performance and i cant see him doing anything social in the near future. Ralph Fiennes, Jake gyllenhaal, Joaquin Pheonix, Tom Hardy for Locke were robbed of nominations. Whiplash and GBH were my favourites from the nominees for best picture. Im not a huge Nolan fan but Intersteller deserved better recognition as did McConaughy for his performance in it which i actually thought was better than his performance in Dallas buyers club.

I thought the Oscars were being too generous with Birdman, I mean both best picture and best director? Wes Anderson deserved the best director and Interstellar should have been nominated as well, either Nolan for best director or for best picture. I am really happy that JK Simmons won best supporting, and I will need to see Theory of everything to really judge whether Redmayne deserved that, but Felicity Jones, maaan what a hottie! Ralph Fiennes really should have gotten a nomination, i agree.

All in all, not that great edition this year, i do think the Julie Andrews by Gaga tribute was pretty nice..NPH was so so, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were much better in the Golden Globes, and that wasnt even their best this year.

And i also agree that I will still continue to have an interest because i am a movie freak and until Di Caprio gets that statue!

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I thought the Oscars were being too generous with Birdman, I mean both best picture and best director? Wes Anderson deserved the best director and Interstellar should have been nominated as well, either Nolan for best director or for best picture. I am really happy that JK Simmons won best supporting, and I will need to see Theory of everything to really judge whether Redmayne deserved that, but Felicity Jones, maaan what a hottie! Ralph Fiennes really should have gotten a nomination, i agree.

All in all, not that great edition this year, i do think the Julie Andrews by Gaga tribute was pretty nice..NPH was so so, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were much better in the Golden Globes, and that wasnt even their best this year.

And i also agree that I will still continue to have an interest because i am a movie freak and until Di Caprio gets that statue!
I have to say i totally agree with everything you just said. I also would like to add i'm glad whiplash picked up a few oscars.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
icemaη;4832725 said:
Did Grand Budapest Hotel win anything meaningful? It was my favorite movie of the year.
Best Achievement in Costume Design
Best Achievement in Makeup and Hairstyling
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures
Best Achievement in Production Design

Ralph Fiennes didn't even get nominated.
:facepalm2:

Del Toro :tuttosport:
The trailer looks really good! can't wait!

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
icemaη;4832725 said:
Did Grand Budapest Hotel win anything meaningful? It was my favorite movie of the year.
It won 4 oscars. But deserved at least another couple imo for adpated screenplay, directing, leading actor for Ralph Fiennes and possibly best picture. At least it won 4 and thats 3 more than that piece of shit move Boyhood :weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)