Movie score for vlatko (1 Viewer)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Do you want to watch the same Zidane moves again and again? Actually, when it's Zidane, I do. :)

I'm all for creativity, but when you find that sweet spot you want to keep polishing it sometimes.
True. Honestly, I liked Zimmer when I was younger. I was 6 and everyday I would listen to his "Lion King" soundtrack which is one of the greatest scores I have ever listened to. It was 4-5 scores and yet he still won that Oscar. Insane. His music got REALLY repetetive after Pearl Harbour.

What did you think of Bad Boys? I was blown away. He hasn't done much other visible work.
Bad Boys, The Rock. They should seriously do something about the heavy fast tempo with American drums playing the background with little cheesy melodies in between in action movies. They all sound similar, but what changed that sound recently was Zimmer's "Batman Returns". For once, an action/drama movie didnt have a similar tone to it. I hope Zimmer does the same for "The Dark Knight". And yes, Mark should be in more scores so we can see how his potential stands out.

His first three 007 albums are fantastic. The fourth is a travesty beyond belief. How on earth does this happen?
If I'm not mistaken, he's working on the new Narnia movie for 2010. The real question is why did they remove Harry Gregson-Williams since the first Narnia movie was INCREDIBLE. I only liked the movie cause of Harry's talent. Maybe David will show his potential in 2010 with the new Narnia movie ? Let's wait and find out.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #23
    OK, The Rock is good. :)
    I seem to see his name everywhere so I took a look at his record and it turns out he's actually made very few movies. :confused2

Director:
    3. Transformers (2007)
    4. The Island (2005)
    5. The Lionel Richie Collection (2003) (V) (video "Do It to Me")
    6. Bad Boys II (2003) :doh:
    7. Pearl Harbor (2001)
    8. Armageddon (1998/I)
    9. The Rock (1996) :star:
    10. Bad Boys (1995) :star:
    13. Playboy Video Centerfold: Kerri Kendall (1990) (V) :rofl:

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Actually the worst out of that list has gotta be Pearl Harbor, that was such a joke of a movie. From the cast to the screenplay, to the directing.

He made Bad Boys? I thought he directed only part 2...OK, another one for him but it's not so much his credit as it is the chemistry between Smith & Lawrence. They're great, however part 2 was :inter:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #25
    True. Honestly, I liked Zimmer when I was younger. I was 6 and everyday I would listen to his "Lion King" soundtrack which is one of the greatest scores I have ever listened to. It was 4-5 scores and yet he still won that Oscar. Insane. His music got REALLY SHIT after Pearl Harbour.
    Yeah, you're onto something there. I remember after The Rock I would wait for every new Zimmer score and some of them are just not too good. Do you remember Hannibal? Completely different stuff and I thought it was really captivating.

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    Yeah, you're onto something there. I remember after The Rock I would wait for every new Zimmer score and some of them are just not too good. Do you remember Hannibal? Completely different stuff and I thought it was really captivating.
    That's what I thought, until I got the soundtrack when it came out. Most of the songs weren't composed by him, there were other composers as well, including Bedelt who re-made that famous Valse piece by Johann Straus into "Gourmet Valse Tartare" (dont know if you know what im talking bout here). It was very creative and well composed. Once again, I don't know why Zimmer takes all the credit in some scores, that includes the Pirate of the Carribean movies as well, sure he produced them but it wasn't his ideas.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #27
    That's what I thought, until I got the soundtrack when it came out. Most of the songs weren't composed by him, there were other composers as well, including Bedelt who re-made that famous Valse piece by Johann Straus into "Gourmet Valse Tartare" (dont know if you know what im talking bout here). It was very creative and well composed. Once again, I don't know why Zimmer takes all the credit in some scores, that includes the Pirate of the Carribean movies as well, sure he produced them but it wasn't his ideas.
    This what irks me as well. It seems the credits are misleading often. For instance since I first head Con Air I thought that was Zimmer, but years later I noticed it was Mancin and Rabin (another one lurking in the shadows btw, liked his work for Enemy of the State).

"Gourmet Valse Tartare"
    Yeah, that's an interesting remake, one of the top tracks on the album surely.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

One of these days, I'm gonna be able to join in on discussions like these. :D

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    Oh wait, I just remembered why Batman Begins was so good. There was James Newton Howard with him as well. I thought I smelt something fishy, thank god Howard's name is at least listed on it too and I hope they both continue their success with The Dark Knight.

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    This what irks me as well. It seems the credits are misleading often. For instance since I first head Con Air I thought that was Zimmer, but years later I noticed it was Mancin and Rabin (another one lurking in the shadows btw, liked his work for Enemy of the State).

"Gourmet Valse Tartare"
    Yeah, that's an interesting remake, one of the top tracks on the album surely.
    Man I remember someone telling me, hey wasn't Zimmer's Con Air amazing, and I was like what ? Strange on where they got their info from at that time, it's not only happened to me but in other discussions with different people as well.

Gourmet Valse Tartare... I'm hungry now :D

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    One of these days, I'm gonna be able to join in on discussions like these. :D
    Oh you will, you will. It starts with "whoa, Hans Zimmer fucking rocks yo, greatest score writer ever, yeahh!" to "John Williams...that's all I have to say..."

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #33
    Oh wait, I just remembered why Batman Begins was so good. There was James Newton Howard with him as well. I thought I smelt something fishy, thank god Howard's name is at least listed on it too and I hope they both continue their success with The Dark Knight.
    Batman Begins was frustrating to me. It sort of approached what I wanted to hear, and then abruptly turned away from it. Just didn't give me enough to listen to.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #34
    Oh you will, you will. It starts with "whoa, Hans Zimmer fucking rocks yo, greatest score writer ever, yeahh!" to "John Williams, that's all I have to say.."
    What? You end up in Williams? That's awful :D

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    Batman Begins was frustrating to me. It sort of approached what I wanted to hear, and then abruptly turned away from it. Just didn't give me enough to listen to.
    Cause it suits it only for the movie which is a good thing, but also bad cause they won't be getting an oscar. Good start though, I'm expecting something the same with The Dark Knight, or maybe just a little different. It's dark, it's gloomy, exactly the type of atmosphere a Batman movie should portray.

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    What? You end up in Williams? That's awful :D
    Oh my god, you're serious aren't you ?

If you are, then there's a 5 hour lecture I have to give you on why John Williams is the greatest film scorer of our time, next to Ennio Morricone of course :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Oh you will, you will. It starts with "whoa, Hans Zimmer fucking rocks yo, greatest score writer ever, yeahh!" to "John Williams...that's all I have to say..."
    Hey, buzz off, read the thread title. :D

Seriously, you seem to be home at this as well, care to make an alternative to Martin's list?

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #38
    Oh my god, you're serious aren't you ?

If you are, then there's a 5 hour lecture I have to give you on why John Williams is the greatest film scorer of our time, next to Ennio Morricone of course :D
    I suggest video.google.com, they have lots of lectures. And I'm just crazy enough to watch yours :D

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    Hey, buzz off, read the thread title. :D

Seriously, you seem to be home at this as well, care to make an alternative to Martin's list?
    1. Shindler's List - John Williams, Wow, just wow...
    2. Lion King - 4-5 scores, Hans Zimmer, unless you're phsyched for the musicals:D
    3. Star Wars soundtracks - John Williams
    4. Lord Of the Rings Trio - Howard Shore, Fucking Genius
    5. Guild Wars (VG) - Jeremy Soule, known in the game world as no.1 and i agree
    6. Gladiator - Hans Zimmer, meh..
    7. A beautiful Mind - James Horner
    8. The Painted Veil - Alexandre Desplat , the most underrated composer..ever..
    9. Conan:the Barbarian - Basil Poledouris, shocking he didnt get that oscar in 1982
    10. Chronicles of narnia part1 - Harry Gregson Williams, his big break next to kingdom of heaven, though this showed his potential much more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)