Mourinho won't capitalise on Juve misery (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
LONDON (AFP) - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has insisted that he will not be plundering disgraced Italian champions Juventus for players in a bid to strengthen his squad.

The Turin club, relegated to Italy's second division because of their part in the country's match-fixing scandal, have already lost the the likes of Emerson, Fabio Cannavaro, Lilian Thuram and Gianluca Zambrotta.

But Mourinho, aiming to guide Chelsea to a third straight English title, said he would not be launching any late bids as the London club had a settled plan for bringing new players to Stamford Bridge.

"We started thinking about transfers for the new season before the last one ended. For example we contacted Bayern Munich about (Michael) Ballack last season," Mourinho said Friday.

"The market was waiting for the problems in Italian football. Chelsea didn't and I'm happy with that because it shows we are working at the right time and also shows respect for difficult times.

"I would be very sad to bring to Chelsea players from a club in difficult circumstances. When I look at a big, big club like Juventus with players wanting to go, I don't laugh at the situation.

"I'm glad we're out of it. At the moment we're closer to selling than buying, although we'll buy a left-back if we can."

AFP

-------------------------------------

A nice attitude from the man, I should say...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
That looks like a noble thing to say. But would he say the same if Zambrotta wasn't already gone?

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I think that it is not up to Mourinho,it is up to Abramovich to decide.

Anyhow I know that they are capable of buying every our player ,whole Delle Alpi and the rest of our facilities.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    giovanotti said:
    I think that it is not up to Mourinho,it is up to Abramovich to decide.

Anyhow I know that they are capable of buying every our player ,whole Delle Alpi and the rest of our facilities.
    Of course, but Abramovic doesn't buy a player without taking the advice of Mourinho...

I don't want to make him a great man, but try to compare his attitude with Capello's and Ferguson's...

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ReBeL said:
    Of course, but Abramovic doesn't buy a player without taking the advice of Mourinho...

I don't want to make him a great man, but try to compare his attitude with Capello's and Ferguson's...
    In the world of business I can't accept that he wouldn't use his chance and get a world class player for a cheap price.It is simple ,if he doesn't use his chance,Capello or any other will use it.Imagine that Barca and Chelsea need to play for a third year in a row against each other,Barca has Zambo and Mourinho doesn't have him.Who is in the lead.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    the ones chelsea needed are already gone, though there probably just one was, zambrotta. if you look chelsea squad, they already have right now complete squad, the only position they looked player for fb position, cause gallas wants to play CB and del horno was leaving.

Ofcourse we never know, but atleast when i saw chelsea program some days ago, their studio reporters even cald some gazzeta reporter to there to talk about the situation and which players to look for, and they where very interested of zambro.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    it wasnt up to him, as both canna and zambro rejected offers from chelsea, simple as that. Now hes trying to show himself as the bigger man.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I don't think that's the reason he doesn't want to buy our players. I think he just doesn't need them. It would be some strange gesture to refuse to buy players on principle. Besides, there are rumours going around about Chelsea coming after Cannavaro, but apparently he really wanted to play in Spain.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    he needs a left back, but zambo doesnt want him.The guy has class, he doesnt go to a classless team, with no heritage.

canna refused to go there too.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    serfaraaz said:
    because he is liar and he is coward and deschamps waS to disappointed with his decision to leave juve
    I saw the link,serfaraaz,Cannavaro is a great player and he has only 2 seasons more to play.

Why not anti Capello topic?

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    giovanotti said:
    I saw the link,serfaraaz,Cannavaro is a great player and he has only 2 seasons more to play.

Why not anti Capello topic?
    then whats the difference between cannavaro and nedved. On the anti capello topic i never wanted him to become juve coach and i am happy to see him leave

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #18
    serfaraaz said:
    then whats the difference between cannavaro and nedved.
    Nice one, man...

I hate the way of defending Cannavaro here...

The man has promised the fans with something, and he wasn't a man to keep his promise, so I hope him the worst in the rest of his career...

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    serfaraaz said:
    then whats the difference between cannavaro and nedved. On the anti capello topic i never wanted him to become juve coach and i am happy to see him leave
    Mate I have a great respect for your opinion,but I think that we are overreacting about Canna,he spent only 2 seasons with us,and won nothing while Nedved spent 5 and he is a true Juventino.

As for Capello ,I never wanted him,but many members had a great respect for him,now they have totally changed opinion.Capello is a disgrace for football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)