Mother of Brazilian forward Robinho kidnapped (4 Viewers)

Aug 27, 2003
The mother of Santos forward Robinho, one of Brazil's most exciting young players, has been kidnapped, police say.
Marina de Souza, 43, was abducted by two armed men who invaded a barbecue in Praia Grande, near Santos, on Saturday night, detective Alberto Torrassa told reporters on Sunday.

The pair locked the other guests in the bathroom before driving off.

Torrassa said that so far the kidnappers had not been in contact with the family.

"Our target at the moment is to bring back the victim in safety, that's our only worry," said Torrassa.

Santos were away to Criciuma in a Brazilian championship match on Sunday afternoon but club president Marcelo Teixeira told reporters the player would return home and would not play.

Robinho, 20, shot to prominence two years ago as he helped Santos win the Brazilian championship for the first time in their history.

He was even compared to Brazil's most famous player Pele due to a physical resemblance and the fact that he plays at the same club where Pele spent most of his career.

In 2003, Robinho was again inspirational as Santos reached the final of the Libertadores Cup, the South American equivalent of the Champions League.

After a poor start to this season, when he was in the Brazil under-23 team who failed to qualify for the Olympic Games in Athens, he is now second top scorer in the Brazilian championship with 21 goals. Santos lead the table with six games to go.

Robinho has so far won only two full caps for Brazil, although he was in the squad for last year's CONCACAF Gold Cup when Brazil fielded an under-23 team but still reached the final before losing to Mexico.

pooor guy must be feeling reeal bad

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++

i read pirlos story which was even sadder:(
I dont recall Pirlo's family members been kidnapped. I think your mistaken him with Khahka Kladze(sp?).

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

and in my country, i was on a list to be kidnapped..................come and get me now b*tches!!!!
heh .. where are you from? .. are you suppose to be an important person?:D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The mother of Santos forward Robinho, one of Brazil's most exciting young players, has been kidnapped, police say.
Marina de Souza, 43, was abducted by two armed men who invaded a barbecue in Praia Grande, near Santos, on Saturday night, detective Alberto Torrassa told reporters on Sunday.

The pair locked the other guests in the bathroom before driving off.

Torrassa said that so far the kidnappers had not been in contact with the family.

"Our target at the moment is to bring back the victim in safety, that's our only worry," said Torrassa.

Santos were away to Criciuma in a Brazilian championship match on Sunday afternoon but club president Marcelo Teixeira told reporters the player would return home and would not play.

Robinho, 20, shot to prominence two years ago as he helped Santos win the Brazilian championship for the first time in their history.

He was even compared to Brazil's most famous player Pele due to a physical resemblance and the fact that he plays at the same club where Pele spent most of his career.

In 2003, Robinho was again inspirational as Santos reached the final of the Libertadores Cup, the South American equivalent of the Champions League.

After a poor start to this season, when he was in the Brazil under-23 team who failed to qualify for the Olympic Games in Athens, he is now second top scorer in the Brazilian championship with 21 goals. Santos lead the table with six games to go.

Robinho has so far won only two full caps for Brazil, although he was in the squad for last year's CONCACAF Gold Cup when Brazil fielded an under-23 team but still reached the final before losing to Mexico.

pooor guy must be feeling reeal bad
:frown:, hope she'll get back safe

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
yeah true *remebers the movie man of fire *
but wth dont they know they cant get away this ..
i read pirlos story which was even sadder:(
that was great movie, they also mentioned that each 10 min or sth like this, there is someone kindnaped, right? i don't remmber that good

gray

Apr 22, 2003
the worst part is, the Georgian authorities were so shite that they couldn't negotiate his release, and he still hasn't been released last time I checked :down:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

I dont recall Pirlo's family members been kidnapped. I think your mistaken him with Khahka Kladze(sp?).
Yeah, it was Kaha's little brother, living in Tbilisi, Georgia. I think he is still not released

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
a lot of south american football players always faced with this danger... argentina, colombia, brazil.... most of them will then move their family to europe and stay there permanantly..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by BayernFussball ] ++
Yea it was Kakhaber Kaladze's brother, I thought he was killed, not released.
I don't recall hearing official news that he was killed. I hope not

Jul 19, 2003
The dark side of fame and prosperity. Robinho made a name for himself after his family was dirt poor and now people just want to have a piece of the pie at any expense.

Hope there's a happy ending to both Robinho's and Khahka's cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)