MOST USELESS GAME EVER [04/18/2009] (1 Viewer)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if he scored his 1st ever goal for Juve.
Go easy man... I'm sick, and when I read this my chest just about caved in while laughing, I was coughing so hard.

I fucking wouldn't be surprised if Tiago scored either... I mean, eventually we get into a law of averages type of conversation when discussing Tiago's statistical futility.

not according to the statistics. :p

I can see that long range shot going in against J. Cesar if he's back.
I can see a couple of those long range shots of his headed for Row 30.

even boumsong scored against inter maybe tiago can do it to :D
What a glorious exit for Boumsong it was...

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006

See I don't mind some people criticizing tiago based on stats, but did you know how many goals he has scored from long distance shots in his career? I'm positive you don't. tiago is a very capable shooter.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not exactly sure what you guys are talking about. Statistically, Tiago is one of our better players. Based on results when he is fielded and assists/appearances over the past two seasons, he's actually one of the better players.

So basically what this is is Orwellian doublespeak. Stats are on Tiago's side but performance critiques are not.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I'm not exactly sure what you guys are talking about. Statistically, Tiago is one of our better players. Based on results when he is fielded and assists/appearances over the past two seasons, he's actually one of the better players.

So basically what this is is Orwellian doublespeak. Stats are on Tiago's side but performance critiques are not.
I meant he hasn't scored any goals.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
How many goals has Tiago scored for us again?? didnt he have help with a deflection last season??? Chump.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008

See I don't mind some people criticizing tiago based on stats, but did you know how many goals he has scored from long distance shots in his career? I'm positive you don't. tiago is a very capable shooter.
No Cyril, I have no idea about the specific number of goals that Tiago has scored from distance in his career.

I am aware that when he arrived here, he had demonstrated his skill at a couple different stops, and that his long distance shot was highly respected; he was also lauded as a stand up player, who would be a major part of our engine in the midfield - hence that relatively huge contract he was given. He has not delivered, due to complications with Ranieri, and problems with his attitude. I have heard Tiago admit as much, maybe it's time you followed suit.

My question for you is this:

Are you aware how many long range shots Tiago has scored for us? Or are you still too busy proverbially gargling his balls? Because I have seen him hit row 30 more than a few times in the last 2 years... not as many times as Grygera, or Moli, but FAR too many to listen to you laud the distance shooting of a man who has NEVER scored for us.

Sorry, I know that was harsh, but for all the people who endlessly harp on Tiago ad nauseum, you refuse to concede that he has significantly underwhelmed, and is not going to be a focal point of this team going forward.

Anyways, he's one of our players, and I always root for our players. FORZA TIAGO, I hope he breaks his duck and beats those dirty Inter bitches down.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
No Cyril, I have no idea about the specific number of goals that Tiago has scored from distance in his career.

I am aware that when he arrived here, he had demonstrated his skill at a couple different stops, and that his long distance shot was highly respected; he was also lauded as a stand up player, who would be a major part of our engine in the midfield - hence that relatively huge contract he was given. He has not delivered, due to complications with Ranieri, and problems with his attitude. I have heard Tiago admit as much, maybe it's time you followed suit.

My question for you is this:

Are you aware how many long range shots Tiago has scored for us? Or are you still too busy proverbially gargling his balls? Because I have seen him hit row 30 more than a few times in the last 2 years... not as many times as Grygera, or Moli, but FAR too many to listen to you laud the distance shooting of a man who has NEVER scored for us.

Sorry, I know that was harsh, but for all the people who endlessly harp on Tiago ad nauseum, you refuse to concede that he has significantly underwhelmed, and is not going to be a focal point of this team going forward.

Anyways, he's one of our players, and I always root for our players. FORZA TIAGO, I hope he breaks his duck and beats those dirty Inter bitches down.

I know he hasn't scored any goals for us yet, however he hasn't taken as much shots as you claim he has.

Respect for your last part.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I just don't get it. Sissoko and Poulsen can send countless balls into the stands and nobody ever complains about it.
Sorry Andy, I'm sick and irritable. You're absolutely right, and you can certainly add Marchionni to our list of player whose shots and crosses consistently find the stands while you're at it.

The difference with Momo, is that we know he effectively brings next to zero technical skill to the lineup... he's a destroyer, and I just love watching him fuck people up.

That was a beautiful bicycle kick he scored last year, and he had a beauty top shelf goal this year... don't want to totally bash the ball skills of this former striker.

Don't even get me started on Poulsen. I had my heart set on Xabi, and Secco, Ranieri and company cut it out with a spoon. I'm not sure I'll ever fully come around to Poulsen, even if he turns his performances around.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Man, if the locker room wasn't divisive enough according to the rumors, the fans on these forums certainly have set the example.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
This game is not useless at all, if we lose and Genoa, Milan win we see ourselves down to third place and Genoa only three points behind us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)