Most Naturally Gifted Italian Player (7 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
You know what?
It's months that I'm bodered by somebody saying that the simble of my country is just crap and bla bla bla... and at the end he just convinced me that is the truth... :D

Without joking... I have so mutch fun with Denco and his "the fact is that...", "you must realize that ....", "that's all manipulated, the truth is...." If it pissed me off I stopped to replay him way ago.

And I'm also curios to realize how can somebody hate so mutch a guy who is considered by most of the peaple (In Italy nearly all) one of the simbles of sport...

I guess in England you don't have any sportman who becomed so important 4 your country like it happened with Roby in Italy? Tell me if I'm wrong...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Who? I'm just curios...
It doesn't need to be a soccer player, just a sportman who is supported by everybody from kids to granma, and have becommed a simble of the country also outside sport...
We don't have a lot, of soccer is just Baggio cause the rests are or were just supported by the fans or their club while he's a simble indipendently of the jersey he's wearing.
Than of the other sports some skier like A.Tomba, G.Thoni, D.Compagnoni than Valentino Rossi of motorbike and Coppi of cyclism (also Pantani was like this, but with the doping staff he loosed a lot of support) but their sports are not so popolar like soccer that's why they came after.
And it also results that Roby is the most famos person of Italy abroad... it will not ever happen in England, I guess that a sportman will be the most famos person, right? You have the queen! But actually in places like Brazil, Argentina is kinda the same... sportsman are more important than politics...

P.S.: Well it's out of topic, but anycase...

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
well, you remember the reception becks got in Japan and S.Korea? imagine this is the case throughout asia, and probably even more places!

and then think of the tax collecter (queen) I can't imagine her getting much of the same! :D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Yep, you are right, abut Becks, he's so famos everyweare, but is he the favorite of all the country, indipendently of the team they support? And what about Owen?

Jul 28, 2002
well she wont have people wearin Queen 1 on the backs of their shirts.

Do u reckon Becks is one of the most famous people in the world in terms of bein a celebrity

Jul 28, 2002
Dont think owen is not realy in becks league in terms of bein famous...wel he mite be for his gambling lol:D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
well, she's better than England's number one! :howler::D

Do u reckon Becks is one of the most famous people in the world in terms of bein a celebrity
yeah, he has to be! He's probably the most famous current top player in the world, though I may be wrong, and since footballers are amongst the most famous of people I'd have to say he is pretty dran famous!

lucky git!

Yep, you are right, abut Becks, he's so famos everyweare, but is he the favorite of all the country, indipendently of the team they support? And what about Owen?
probably becks is the general favourite. Personally, my favourite England player is Joe Cole, but thats just me!

Jul 28, 2002
so much potential in Joe Cole....i hope he makes it...he has skill to shame Davids and Denilson.

I hope we get him one day.....doubt it tho

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
:D:D:D

Oh yes... definitly... but I tought many English couldn't stant him.
To be onest, I prefer RB like a simble of my country, I like Becks as a soccer player but I don't have a lot of sympaty 4 him...
Also if it's true that it was better to have somebody like Nelson Mandela as a simble I have to recon that it is better now that that you hear peaple saying: Italy? Oh yeah Roberto Baggio! Than before when many of the peaple identified us with mafia or pizza :D The second most famos person results to be Pavarotti... also if he's grat I also prefer that peaple identify us with Roby... if not they will think that all the Italians are fat and ugly :D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
probably becks is the general favourite. Personally, my favourite England player is Joe Cole, but thats just me!
Yep you always choose somebody "special" as yur favourite, like P.M.! :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)