Most Naturally Gifted Italian Player (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
*paranoia sets in....*
brilliant, you could write a book of puns, you could call it DJ's Book of Puns and you could sell it on the street. Believe me, that would be sweat. Rambling.....Rambling....

mate

Aug 28, 2002
As "Naturaly gifted" I will say Roerto Baggio 100%, infact he was starting beeing popolar when nearly a kid as the "little fenomeno" and there was even peaple and media going to watch him at playing with Caldogno also if the team was not even in any official tournament cause he was already clasfull and gifted.
He become the champion he is also thanks to hard work and trainings, but his class is a natural gift.
Ther's also a book written by journalist "Enzo Catania" dedicated to him titoled "touched by god". I think that's the right worlds :thumb:
Anycase everybody has a different gift: 4 example Inzaghi rapididy and "sense of the goal" is a natural gift, It didn't come out with trainings or something like that...
Zola is also very gifted, infact he's also 36 and he still grate cause class has no age and do not depend on phisical power. Mancini also. But Baggio is the most amazing cause even when he was 12 years old who saw him playing sayd: "he will become the best of the world one day...

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Del Piero for one... Before he was dynamite by scoring goals and goals and goals. But after his injury, he had a hard time finding the net. So he switched his play into creating goals. Now thats talent. Being able to switching gameplans and being good at it.

I also think that Viali is one of the mentionables...

Baggio for one. I've seen his classic videos and they are just stunning. Truly he must have stood out during his time.

Zola is consistently above average...

Di Canio quite impressive but not a fire starter. Considering his age, he still knows how to handle the ball pretty well..

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Everybody has a different "gift", Baresi 4 exemple had born with a natural leader personality, Vieri and Vialli with an amazing phisical power, Inzaghi with a unique "sense of the goal"... But nobody had ever the talent of Baggio in Italy, Zola came second in my opinion but ther's thousend miles between them... Baggio is the only one who was able to take the ball in the mieldfield dribble all the defense and score, the others will not even think about it. Than he had, in the other side, so many injuries and he had to work hard to get over them, but his class and his skill are just a natural gift, and infact he had his first articoles in newspapers when a kid, cause it was soon obvious that he was the best natural talent ever seen in Italy, and that as soon as he grow up he wuould be the best in the world.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
I must I was very impressed when I saw some of Baggio's old goals, but let's not get carried away. He might be naturally gifted and one of the best ever to play in Italy, but he isn't necessarily THE BEST player to ever play in Italy. And he's not necessarily absolutely the MOST gifted player either. Del Piero, for example, is as much gifted as he was. The reason he never became as famous as Baggio is because of that injury he had. And because he was always humble and didn't say so much crap as Baggio did:groan:.

But other players like Platini, van Basten, Scirea, Boniperti, Gullit, Mancini and a whole bunch of other players were also "naturally gifted" and perhaps just as good as "the great" Baggio.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Everybody has a different "gift", Baresi 4 exemple had born with a natural leader personality, Vieri and Vialli with an amazing phisical power, Inzaghi with a unique "sense of the goal"... But nobody had ever the talent of Baggio in Italy, Zola came second in my opinion but ther's thousend miles between them... Baggio is the only one who was able to take the ball in the mieldfield dribble all the defense and score, the others will not even think about it. Than he had, in the other side, so many injuries and he had to work hard to get over them, but his class and his skill are just a natural gift, and infact he had his first articoles in newspapers when a kid, cause it was soon obvious that he was the best natural talent ever seen in Italy, and that as soon as he grow up he wuould be the best in the world.
WOOOOOOOOOW:rolleyes:

now,where have i heard this before????

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++
Del Piero, for example, is as much gifted as he was. The reason he never became as famous as Baggio is because of that injury he had. And because he was always humble and didn't say so much crap as Baggio did:groan:.
Are you joking? :D
Del Piero had just a single injur in all his career, Baggio had 4 surgerys operations to his knees plus various knee and muscols stops... overral he spent nearly 1/4 of his career injured.

And than... In which kind of things is Del Piero "naturally gifted" like Baggio?
If you see you won't find any "speciality" in which you can say Del Piero is the best, his real "gift" is that he doesn't have any thing in which he has real problems.

Mancini was very talented too, but as I sayd before there was just one player in Italy who when reciving a ball in the milfield was able to dribble all the defence and score... and this player is Baggio.

Gullit and Platinì are not Italian btw.

++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++

WOOOOOOOOOW:rolleyes:

now,where have i heard this before????

Are you meaning that in Singapore they where not starting to speak about Baggio talent when he was a kid?
That's not impress me mutch... and also if it was... considering you were born in 1988 and the period I was talking about is around 1980 of corse you will not remember it :D

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
there was just one player in Italy who one reciving a ball in the milfield was able to dribble all the defence and score... and this player is Baggio.
Are we talking about the chech republic(?) goal in WC1990?

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
Are we talking about the chech republic(?) goal in WC1990?
:thumb:
Actually he made other goals similar to this and even better (the one vs Naples is the best ever imo) but I think this one is perfect to be taken as example cause Italia 90 was not only his first WC, but his first international tornament (he played just with Fiorentina before) and he came out with that amazing goal!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Welcome Nekton! :)

Actually the goal is the 4° of the Fiorentina part in the last address... the 1° it is another Napoli-Fiorentina goal. His first serie A goal... but nothing so special in a tecnical way.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Mate, I almost cried watching those video's- THANKS FOR SHARING THEM !!!! :D:D:D:D

I just keep thinking, what a shame that Roby never was able to lift the WC trophy............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)