More players for next season . (100 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I find this to be an outrageous statement. We just won two back to back scudettos, recovered from an 11 point defecit in Serie B to lead the league, and the most important thing about the way we play, is that it is the way we have been playing for ages. Traditon and history are the things that make clubs great. We are a great club. We have our style. And one player will not change it. I beleive in the Juventus way, that is why I am a Juventus fan. Sell excitement somewhere else, I am going to where the trophies are.
i find your whole post outrageous. Yes we won back to back scudetto's with superior squads which suited the way that they played and a good serie a coach. to remind you we no longer have that squad or a coach up to wining serie a IMO. The point defecit in serie b was 9 points, if you believe in the juventus way and are a juvenuts fan then i would not have to remind you of that. Again we have not been playing this way for ages, each coach has had a different style, otherwise how would you explain the blank trophy cabinet under ancelotti? Yes tradition and history make a club great, but you cant rely on it to keep your club great, just because liverpool have won more titles in england than man u and chelsea does that make them greater?? eh.... NA!!!

By the way, no one ever questioned juventus' greatness, stop conversing with yourself.

OK... excitement will be sold somewhere else, heaven forbid a team plays exciting football and wins trophys!!! :shocked2:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Pirlo and Gattuso are DMF's. Perrotta is hardly a SPEED guy. I don't understand the difference between Lippi's style and what I am proposing. Lippi is my favorite person in the universe.
............ pirlo is a deep lying playmaker, if he was a dmf he could technically be replaced by makelele who would have the same effect..........

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
i find your whole post outrageous. Yes we won back to back scudetto's with superior squads which suited the way that they played and a good serie a coach. to remind you we no longer have that squad or a coach up to wining serie a IMO. The point defecit in serie b was 9 points, if you believe in the juventus way and are a juvenuts fan then i would not have to remind you of that. Again we have not been playing this way for ages, each coach has had a different style, otherwise how would you explain the blank trophy cabinet under ancelotti? Yes tradition and history make a club great, but you cant rely on it to keep your club great, just because liverpool have won more titles in england than man u and chelsea does that make them greater?? eh.... NA!!!

By the way, no one ever questioned juventus' greatness, stop conversing with yourself.

OK... excitement will be sold somewhere else, heaven forbid a team plays exciting football and wins trophys!!! :shocked2:
Spot on.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
It is based on a different set of values. Stricly based on the individual. I put a lot of stock in the results and beleive that I won't sell my soul for the flavor of the month. People win. Not tactics. Tactics just define the way to win. I want to win our way.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
............ pirlo is a deep lying playmaker, if he was a dmf he could technically be replaced by makelele who would have the same effect..........
glad someone pointed that out before me, pirlo is a deep lying plamaker, a quarterback for need of a betetr expression. he dictates play from deeper than a totti or a zidane but its a very effective position for him but he needs a true destroyer beside him which is why him and gatusso work so well together

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

As far as I know DMF stands for defensive midfielder, like Gatusso or Emerson are, Pirlo hardly qualifies for that role. Bozi gave a pretty good description of him.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
It is based on a different set of values. Stricly based on the individual. I put a lot of stock in the results and beleive that I won't sell my soul for the flavor of the month. People win. Not tactics. Tactics just define the way to win. I want to win our way.
No, have you ever seen a football game when a team has played a lot better than the other team and won rightly so? like when we played arsenal and liverpool in the champs league? and have you ever seen games where injustice is done and the team that plays worse wins? i would rather win while looking good, not win and look lucky, if were great then we should prove it on the pitch with performances and results.

no he is not, his position is unique, you cant brand him with the DMF stick

glad someone pointed that out before me, pirlo is a deep lying plamaker, a quarterback for need of a betetr expression. he dictates play from deeper than a totti or a zidane but its a very effective position for him but he needs a true destroyer beside him which is why him and gatusso work so well together
i quote you posts you should already have read, but you must have skimmed over them..

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
no a defensive midfielder really must be a cover and tackle man, able to fill in the space left by marauding full backs and plaugging midfield gaps of attacking midfielders. pirlo is neither, he is teh sort of guy you give teh ball to so that he can unlock defenses

As far as I know DMF stands for defensive midfielder, like Gatusso or Emerson are, Pirlo hardly qualifies for that role. Bozi gave a pretty good description of him.
what he said

no he is not, his position is unique, you cant brand him with the DMF stick
exactly

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
This is a pointless conversation. I am trying to argue against the mindset of the "typical fans". Defense is not evil. It is ok. 1-0 is the same as a 4-0 win. 3 points. DD is doing what the fans asked. He is sitting in 1st place with only 2 losses. Oh, he is boring. Oh, Juve are boring. You want to jazz us up? OK. We will be the zebra striped version of Barcelona! YAY fun for everyone.

Here are the facts. We are fans of Juventus. For better or worse they are not an entertaining club. But, we are #1 in Italy and Top 3 in the world. Sometimes we are #1 in the world sometimes we aren't. We were robbed of two league championships and are at the lowest point we have ever been. However, we have answered the call and gotten the job done as expected. There is still more work to do, but the current player in the squad are starting to get on board.

This is NOT a time to change the way we play. We have a good coach. He may be inexperienced, but he has done exactly what has been asked of him. You don't get any extra points for style. We don't need to beat Crotone 8-0, because 1-0 is fine. We need to get the job done. We need to get the job done next year. And we need to do it the Juventus way. If you don't like our style (and make no mistake, this IS our style) go follow another squad. Italians are proud of their style of play (most of them), and as someone of Italian heritage (maybe only we understand) I appreciate our no BS approach.

Every single game I have been on these forums for, at least 5 people cry when we are up 1-0 that we aren't attacking. Cry about it. If you know so much go coach. Get your pimpled, sweaty, buck toothed face away from your computer and try to achieve what the people you are telling to do have achieved. We don't need to change anything about the way we play. We just need to upgrade some positions. Damn hippies.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I think you people are clearly pigeon holeing this position. There are other ways to be a DMF than to slide tackle. If you watch Milan and WC06 Pirlo covered for his SB's and CB's an awful lot. He also distributed the ball and supported the attack. DMF doesn't just have to stand at half field and slam into people. It is a DEFENSE FIRST priority. Which a AMF or even most CMF's DONT HAVE.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I think we should pick up Ronaldinho, Saviola, Messi, Eto'o, Lampard, Essien, Makelele, John Terry, Lucio, Ashley Cole, and robben. Play a 3-3-4 and try to score 5 goals a game. We can have the players run all around and wing passes to and fro and have the SB's get way up in the offensive zone and the CB's hold the ball in at all costs! YAY lets do it!

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
EVEN BETTER!

MY NEW FOUND INSPIRATION...

TONYKART'S REVOLUTIONARY 4-2-4 (A TASTE OF THE PAST) YES IT HAS A TITLE.

------------------------GK---------------------------

------------CB----------------------CB-------------

WB-----------------------------------------------WB

------------------------DM---------------------------

------------------------AM----------------------------

RW------------CF----------------CF--------------RW

Now lets analyze the brilliance of this formation. We can have four defenders. room on the sides for the sidebacks to run. And since SMF's and WF's can apparently only operate up and down the line, this gives them freedom as well! No a DMF never supports attack, he just stands in the circle and slides at people. So, I put him there, with a AM in front! This AM is amazing. He runs all over the place and wings passes and shots at will. He can do this because he has 4 forwards to pass to. see the genius setting in. On the edges we can have speed demons who can run all over the outer box/sideline area. If they want they could even help out the WB's around midfield.

What this formation allows is for us to be able to pick up all those exciting players and not have to waste our time with the boring ones. Any player that we wish! There will be a space for them. We could even put SMF's at WB. What a great formation. Juventus should SWITCH!!!!! Fun for all.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
This is a pointless conversation. I am trying to argue against the mindset of the "typical fans". Defense is not evil. It is ok. 1-0 is the same as a 4-0 win. 3 points. DD is doing what the fans asked. He is sitting in 1st place with only 2 losses. Oh, he is boring. Oh, Juve are boring. You want to jazz us up? OK. We will be the zebra striped version of Barcelona! YAY fun for everyone.

Here are the facts. We are fans of Juventus. For better or worse they are not an entertaining club. But, we are #1 in Italy and Top 3 in the world. Sometimes we are #1 in the world sometimes we aren't. We were robbed of two league championships and are at the lowest point we have ever been. However, we have answered the call and gotten the job done as expected. There is still more work to do, but the current player in the squad are starting to get on board.

This is NOT a time to change the way we play. We have a good coach. He may be inexperienced, but he has done exactly what has been asked of him. You don't get any extra points for style. We don't need to beat Crotone 8-0, because 1-0 is fine. We need to get the job done. We need to get the job done next year. And we need to do it the Juventus way. If you don't like our style (and make no mistake, this IS our style) go follow another squad. Italians are proud of their style of play (most of them), and as someone of Italian heritage (maybe only we understand) I appreciate our no BS approach.

Every single game I have been on these forums for, at least 5 people cry when we are up 1-0 that we aren't attacking. Cry about it. If you know so much go coach. Get your pimpled, sweaty, buck toothed face away from your computer and try to achieve what the people you are telling to do have achieved. We don't need to change anything about the way we play. We just need to upgrade some positions. Damn hippies.
:wallbang: idiot..
no one is calling defence evil you mongoose, why the hell do you think everyone on this forum wants us to improve our defence in the summer???
The bold bit is just nievety, we are not number 1 in italy or top 3 in the world, what a ridiculous comment we are in serie b, i appreciate your love for the club, but my love for the club could not get any greater but i'm still realistic enough to know we are not among the worlds elite at the moment.
No one is saying you get extra points for style, we just think that we could play better football, its not much to ask and the result is more important but i think most fans want to see their team play attractive football, ive never met someone who is happy if their team is not playing attractive football so your the first, nice to meet ya :rolleyes:

2nd bold bit... :wallbang:
dont ever tell a juventino to go support another club, you cant replace the club you love like you cant replace a family member, your comments are offensive and not needed here. And i am from italian heritage but funilly enough my blood doesnt pump for defensive football i just appreciate a balance..

I think you people are clearly pigeon holeing this position. There are other ways to be a DMF than to slide tackle. If you watch Milan and WC06 Pirlo covered for his SB's and CB's an awful lot. He also distributed the ball and supported the attack. DMF doesn't just have to stand at half field and slam into people. It is a DEFENSE FIRST priority. Which a AMF or even most CMF's DONT HAVE.
and are you not pigeon holing pirlo himself????

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
EVEN BETTER!

MY NEW FOUND INSPIRATION...

TONYKART'S REVOLUTIONARY 4-2-4 (A TASTE OF THE PAST) YES IT HAS A TITLE.

------------------------GK---------------------------

------------CB----------------------CB-------------

WB-----------------------------------------------WB

------------------------DM---------------------------

------------------------AM----------------------------

RW------------CF----------------CF--------------RW

Now lets analyze the brilliance of this formation. We can have four defenders. room on the sides for the sidebacks to run. And since SMF's and WF's can apparently only operate up and down the line, this gives them freedom as well! No a DMF never supports attack, he just stands in the circle and slides at people. So, I put him there, with a AM in front! This AM is amazing. He runs all over the place and wings passes and shots at will. He can do this because he has 4 forwards to pass to. see the genius setting in. On the edges we can have speed demons who can run all over the outer box/sideline area. If they want they could even help out the WB's around midfield.

What this formation allows is for us to be able to pick up all those exciting players and not have to waste our time with the boring ones. Any player that we wish! There will be a space for them. We could even put SMF's at WB. What a great formation. Juventus should SWITCH!!!!! Fun for all.
I think we should pick up Ronaldinho, Saviola, Messi, Eto'o, Lampard, Essien, Makelele, John Terry, Lucio, Ashley Cole, and robben. Play a 3-3-4 and try to score 5 goals a game. We can have the players run all around and wing passes to and fro and have the SB's get way up in the offensive zone and the CB's hold the ball in at all costs! YAY lets do it!
anyone else agree his posts are getting childish and ridiculous?

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
TONY

All right, now stop it, you are overreacting. Stop it. You clearly misunderstood our point and I hope you didn´t think of me because I said nothing of what you are moaning about. Did anybody insult you maybe ?

You are a typical Italian crybaby which can´t stand when somebody brings a valid argument to counter your points. If you cannot handle the discussion on this Forums, then quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)