More players for next season . (60 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
The Italian side are plotting a £70m raid on the Premiership - with Lampard, Arsenal's Gilberto Silva and Manchester United's Gabriel Heinze on their hit-list. (Daily Mirror)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/6457065.stm

----
What the hell 70m on three players :disagree:
Way too much.

I heard Gilberto Silva will have a 2M contract buy out. That is it. As far as Lampard goes, I wouldn't want to see him in our Jersey. He is too old, and too expensive for what he is. Heinze is a good SB, but I don't think we need that right now. He is too small to play CB and his discipline leaves a lot to be desired. Our money could be spent much more wisely.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 15, 2006
Way too much.

I heard Gilberto Silva will have a 2M contract buy out. That is it. As far as Lampard goes, I wouldn't want to see him in our Jersey. He is too old, and too expensive for what he is. Heinze is a good SB, but I don't think we need that right now. He is too small to play CB and his discipline leaves a lot to be desired. Our money could be spent much more wisely.
Indeed, Barzagli would be a great buy - but with our new budget is true then we maybe could buy him, but we really need Zamparini to make a better price, 2m for Gilberto I'm in! :D Then we could bring in a creative player like Pato, which would perfectly accomadate Grygera, Grazzo..

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Way too much.

lampard is 28.. thats like peak age for a midfielder, and if we can buy gilberto out for 2m then we can buy lamps out for 8.5m, hardly too expensive. And Heinze is a much better CB than he is LB, it was the position he dominated at man u untill his injury and the even better form of vidic who is world class

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
lampard is 28.. thats like peak age for a midfielder, and if we can buy gilberto out for 2m then we can buy lamps out for 8.5m, hardly too expensive. And Heinze is a much better CB than he is LB, it was the position he dominated at man u untill his injury and the even better form of vidic who is world class
I thought Lampard was 30. Even so, I don't like his game. He is not a DMF. I don't see a spot for him on Juventus. Not a fan, sorry. Gilberto is a great deal and a perfect player for our system. I also am not a big fan of Heinze at CB. He is small and makes some questionable decisions at times. I would keep him on the list, but I would prefer others. To me, Heinze is a good SB.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Gilberto for 2mil? What's there to think about?

We won't get Lampard nor do I think he'd be interested. As for him being old it's nonsense, he's at the peak of his game now and will be a top class act for 3,4 years to come.

Heinze would be a great buy too, we can also get him on a cheap as he's not favoured by Sir Alex. I'm sorry we missed out on Metzelder though..

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I thought Lampard was 30. Even so, I don't like his game. He is not a DMF. I don't see a spot for him on Juventus. Not a fan, sorry. Gilberto is a great deal and a perfect player for our system. I also am not a big fan of Heinze at CB. He is small and makes some questionable decisions at times. I would keep him on the list, but I would prefer others. To me, Heinze is a good SB.
so do you want to play with 2 dms? im not saying thats wrong just wondering if thats your preferred formation, if it is then i understand why you wouldn't want lampard as he just wouldn't fit, but i always prefer to have a dmf and a amf in the centre, that way you have a balance of creativity and solidarity. Lampard is also a work horse and he closes people down all over the pitch, to be honest i dont understand why you dont like his game, the only problem with him IMO is that he shoots too much when there are better options avaliable

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Although Metzelder is a good defender, he had many injury problems and I don´t know if that is a part of history. I don´t want another Tudor in Juve.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
so do you want to play with 2 dms? im not saying thats wrong just wondering if thats your preferred formation, if it is then i understand why you wouldn't want lampard as he just wouldn't fit, but i always prefer to have a dmf and a amf in the centre, that way you have a balance of creativity and solidarity. Lampard is also a work horse and he closes people down all over the pitch, to be honest i dont understand why you dont like his game, the only problem with him IMO is that he shoots too much when there are better options avaliable
I prefer 2 DMF's to 1 DMF and one AMF. Lampard is all over the place. Sometimes that is good, sometimes that is bad. The way Juventus play, it won't be a good fit. I could only see him in Nedved's position. Not in the center. Gilberto is a much better choice for us. He is a good defender and distributed nicely to the attack. Lampard has a high excitement value, but would be out of position alot at Juve. He is perfect where he is. I'd let him stay at chelsea unless he wants to share time with Nedved.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I prefer 2 DMF's to 1 DMF and one AMF. Lampard is all over the place. Sometimes that is good, sometimes that is bad. The way Juventus play, it won't be a good fit. I could only see him in Nedved's position. Not in the center. Gilberto is a much better choice for us. He is a good defender and distributed nicely to the attack. Lampard has a high excitement value, but would be out of position alot at Juve. He is perfect where he is. I'd let him stay at chelsea unless he wants to share time with Nedved.
but lampard is a central midfielder, not a winger. And if we keep playing the way we play at the moment then we wont win anything, we have to try new methods, lamps in the centre would giv us so much more attacking ability, and he's only all over the place because thats how mourinho uses him, lamps has good discipline so if he was told to do something by DD he would do it

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Gilberto would be a perfect fit for us, covers lots of space, wins balls and can still push forward when needed.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Agreed. System of play is adjustable to the players. Tony is sticking with old fashioned Juventus style which will hardly bring us Champuions League ever again. The system he talks about only works in Serie A.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
but lampard is a central midfielder, not a winger. And if we keep playing the way we play at the moment then we wont win anything, we have to try new methods, lamps in the centre would giv us so much more attacking ability, and he's only all over the place because thats how mourinho uses him, lamps has good discipline so if he was told to do something by DD he would do it
I find this to be an outrageous statement. We just won two back to back scudettos, recovered from an 11 point defecit in Serie B to lead the league, and the most important thing about the way we play, is that it is the way we have been playing for ages. Traditon and history are the things that make clubs great. We are a great club. We have our style. And one player will not change it. I beleive in the Juventus way, that is why I am a Juventus fan. Sell excitement somewhere else, I am going to where the trophies are.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Friday 16 March
Gazzetta dello Sport

Juve: Lampard? Oh yes
Bettega and Secco in London: £8.2m to Chelsea for him

Corriere dello Sport

Juve, they chase historic record
Never before has a promoted club won the Scudetto at the first attempt: The Bianconeri look to do that in 2008 with great investments. And they immediately start a Gerrard mission

Tuttosport

Juve, massive hunt
Three swoops, Gerrard is the dream and a new Ronaldinho: He’s called Ederson
Secco: 'Now the first mission is to keep the big players’

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Agreed. System of play is adjustable to the players. Tony is sticking with old fashioned Juventus style which will hardly bring us Champuions League ever again. The system he talks about only works in Serie A.
We have been in the CL finals 6 times. We have done fine in CL. We just favor winning the scudetto. I think you have different goals than Juve.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
We have been in the CL finals 6 times. We have done fine in CL. We just favor winning the scudetto. I think you have different goals than Juve.
No, you didn´t understand me. We didn´t always have the same style. Lippi had his, Ancelotti had his, Capello had his. The way we played with Capello will never work again. We were humiliated in Europe with twice better squad than Arsenal´s or Liverpool´s.

With Ancelotti´s style, well, results tell you everything, he didn´t win Serie A and we were twice knocked out of Champions League Group Stage.

Lippi´s style is the one we should follow. It was very effective and our results proved that. I also liked Italy´s style on WC2006 and France´s style on WC1998.

The way Deschamps play is not for us. It seems you don´t follow many matches in Serie B. If we don´t change the way we play now, we won´t achieve anything.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Pirlo and Gattuso are DMF's. Perrotta is hardly a SPEED guy. I don't understand the difference between Lippi's style and what I am proposing. Lippi is my favorite person in the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)