More players for next season . (88 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
so next year if we lose trez, camo and zebina we will have barely any starting italians.

Buffon, Chiellini, Zanetii, Del Piero. 2 better than Inter. Awesome.

Barzagli is worth the money, he will be with us a long time. He is available now, someone else will get him if we don't. He IS worth the money. We can't skimp out on the defense. We need the future leader of the Azzurri defense on Juventus. Metzelder is free and is a no-brainer, we should pick him up no matter what.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
so next year if we lose trez, camo and zebina we will have barely any starting italians.

Buffon, Chiellini, Zaneti, Del Piero. 2 better than Inter. Awesome.
Marchionni, Palladino, Criscito, Balzaretti, Paro,.... :eyebrows:

Just because Barzagli is Italian doesn´t mean he is priceless and I really doubt he is worth all that money. Frankly, I don´t care if we get him or not.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Barzagli when everything taken in account should cost no more than 7,8 mil Euro IMO. We are being played by Zamparini.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
The top team in italy, that is all about defensive play, should have a defensive leader that is italian. Criscito is good, but is not ready, Metzelder is good and free but not a proven talent, Samuel isn't starting for Inter, but he is good enough to start for us?

20M is too much for Barzagli, but I think people on these forums are too obsessed with cheap players and bargain deals that actual quality. Barzagli plays for Palermo and does a great job operating their defense. A defense that never stays consistent with the same players year after year. Also, the greatest coach in the world Marcello Lippi thought he was good enough to have on the WC Squad and even bring into a crucial match at a crucial point. Barza succeeded.

Unproven... maybe. But there is no better time to bring him in. There is not another like him out there. And, YES it is a big deal that he is Italian and it is a big deal to have the future azzurri defensive leader on Juventus. There is no other team he should play for.

We dont NEED him and 20M is probably too much. But, we should go after him at all costs and he is my first choice central defender for Juve next year. None of the names I have heard so far really impress me enough.

my thoughts... yours...

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Zamparini will sell him at the price we want. He is blowing smoke at 20M. It is a starting figure for negotiating. He is a savvy guy and knows how to make a deal. He knows with that price he will only attract serious buyers and then have a stiff negotiating platform from which to work off of. We will talk him down substantially and possibly include a player in the mix.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I would pay up to 12M and a backup player for Barza. Anything above that would have me immersed in deep thought. He is talented, smart and young. But, Juve have many holes to fill as well. I guess if no one else is making a serious push for him besides us than it might be wise to hold back until Jan 08. But, we can't afford for him to go to Milan or Inter.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Milan and Inter can afford more money to spend on Barzagli though, you forgot that. And I personally believe Milan are desperate to bring Barzagli more than Juve, because of the Costacurta and Maldini retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)