More players for next season . (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Who's the last German player to have played in Italy? Is there one right now?

I'm very curious how Germans would adapt in Italy. I mean the cultural shock is bigger than you might think.
And Germans are not known to be masters in foreign languages. nor are the Italians.
I will name a few stars
Matthaus, Klinsmann and Brehme did wonders with Inter.

Möller and Köhler did wonders with Juve.

Bierhoff did wonders in Serie A.

Buy on AliExpress.com

vletrmx

Mar 22, 2006
Im not optimistic about their investment :disagree: when we had a better situation and were lacking something in CL, they didnt invest in the club....
had noggi hadnt been there, we would have been in a bad situation then :smoke:
true...

unfortunatelly, but i really don't believe in our or our shareholders financial capabilities to invest money into the club and spend money on all these players which are being mentioned here (klose, mascherano, barzagli ..). to get those 3 we would need like 40-50 mil. from where????forget about good old agnellis. fiat and all the group is not doing well in europe today. sadly, but some of our stars will have to leave...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Who's the last German player to have played in Italy? Is there one right now?

I'm very curious how Germans would adapt in Italy. I mean the cultural shock is bigger than you might think.
And Germans are not known to be masters in foreign languages. nor are the Italians.
jack pointed out some great german players in the past, imo its not abt the nationality but about the player himself and the proposed names look interesting and could adapt anywhere.

last german i could think of who played in serie A or still playing in italy is Gemiti, he was in Udinese a while back and now i think hes in serie B somewhere
the other is Jancker, who was just huge flop at udinese.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Thomas Hassler was a great player for Roma back in early/mid 90s. Dimunitive German was as a good playermaker as they can get. And people talk about Germsn being uncreative!:D

Stefan Effenberg played for Viola, too.

Its safe to say Germany has one of better records in terms of producing Serie A players than others.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Robert Kovač in Juventus. :D :p
well, it seems he doesn't speek Italian yet...

I will name a few stars
Matthaus, Klinsmann and Brehme did wonders with Inter.

Möller and Köhler did wonders with Juve.

Bierhoff did wonders in Serie A.
:pint: These are indeed players that won't be forgotten easily.

--------_________--------------___________-------------_______

Oguchi Onyewu is leaving for sure in January, English teams are on him, including ManU, and he refused an offer from Real.

We have a link with Standard (playing friendlies each summer, we took two of their players on our asian tour, we gave them Carini on loan, Kovalenko and Onwuachi), we could sign him easily, offering Tudor might also be an option, they already tried to get Igor.

"Gooch" is tall, powerful, agressive, a very good defender, has experience in a smaller league (Belgium) and is a starter for the US NT. Had a fairly good WC.

I'd say we could go for him. Even in marketing terms it would be good (popularity in the US). And the american members will be ok with watching a bit more of Juve in the states, I guess?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
well, it seems he doesn't speek Italian yet...

:pint: These are indeed players that won't be forgotten easily.

--------_________--------------___________-------------_______

Oguchi Onyewu is leaving for sure in January, English teams are on him, including ManU, and he refused an offer from Real.

We have a link with Standard (playing friendlies each summer, we took two of their players on our asian tour, we gave them Carini on loan, Kovalenko and Onwuachi), we could sign him easily, offering Tudor might also be an option, they already tried to get Igor.

"Gooch" is tall, powerful, agressive, a very good defender, has experience in a smaller league (Belgium) and is a starter for the US NT. Had a fairly good WC.

I'd say we could go for him. Even in marketing terms it would be good (popularity in the US). And the american members will be ok with watching a bit more of Juve in the states, I guess?
I think Americans are more interested in watching bunch of 150Kg balletrina dance.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
jancker is a flop period.
you could say that but i thought he did fairly well for Bayern.Possibly one or two seasons.

Thomas Hassler was a great player for Roma back in early/mid 90s. Dimunitive German was as a good playermaker as they can get. And people talk about Germsn being uncreative!

Stefan Effenberg played for Viola, too.

Its safe to say Germany has one of better records in terms of producing Serie A players than others.
:agree:

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
It seems that we are near to close for Hetemaj-considered as the new Litmanen. He should be very cheap around 1-2 mil. But i think that or Hetemaj or Gakpe or Samir Nasri will join us. not 2 of this 3 players. and i think that if we would have a sub for Nedved we should go for Nasri. He seems to be the most talented player.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Nasri or Gakpe :tup: , Hetemaj = :tdown:

Of course, these guys are still young and can´t be considered as Neddy replacement yet, nobody can replace him, probably Neddy will teach them at least for next season and then he can continue to teach them as our Assistant Manager. :agree: :p

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Nasri or Gakpe :tup: , Hetemaj = :tdown:

Of course, these guys are still young and can´t be considered as Neddy replacement yet, nobody can replace him, probably Neddy will teach them at least for next season and then he can continue to teach them as our Assistant Manager. :agree: :p
Just wondering, won't Nedved go back to homeland once he retires?

It will be nice though if he can stick around with the club as our first-team coach. He would be the best practicing fodder players can get.:D. Nedved has all the attributes to become a successful manager and coach.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Not so sure about that, Jun-Hide. Nedved doesn't come across as the most intellegent person, a bit reckless and headless. While he can be devious, I do not think he is cunning.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Not so sure about that, Jun-Hide. Nedved doesn't come across as the most intellegent person, a bit reckless and headless. While he can be devious, I do not think he is cunning.[/QUOTE]

:rofl2:

The power of language my friend.

Well, he is a bit reckless in his challenges but when Roy Keane gets an opportunty to manage you know Nedved is going get his chance. One of the attributes I truly love about Nedved is his desire to win and dedication to the match. I think these are essential to any manager and even more vital than tactical nous.

But I guess you are right in the sense that there is no guarantee good players will become a good coach. Nonetheless, I would like to see Juve becoming more linked with the past players in a similar way Milan is doing, and preserving the tradition within the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)