Montella (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You know it hit me today.. Montella obviously isn't having the best of time at Roma, Cap rarely plays him and last year he scored a lot of important goals off the bench. But Vicenzo is much too good for that, he should play each round for a big club. But most clubs are well staffed so I thought why not Inter? No Crespo now and of course they have Julio Cruz but he's not as good. Do you think Montella could work at Inter with Bobo?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Montella to Inter? Could work IMO, but because of this I wouldn't want it to happen. Coming from a true Juve fan, I'd rather see Vincenzo stay at Roma and struggle than go to Inter and do well.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
Montella should join the EPL and be the next Zola or Di Canio. He's too good to be on Roma's bench, but yet I feel that if he joins one of our rivals, Juve will be on the losing side.

It's not fair to prevent him from playing first team football... so just ship him off to England, Spain or something.

I think he should also play left winger for Italy when they rest DP. Montella seems to be a more exciting player than Delvecchio, and is a proven goal scorer.

I also like his celebration :)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
You know it hit me today.. Montella obviously isn't having the best of time at Roma, Cap rarely plays him and last year he scored a lot of important goals off the bench. But Vicenzo is much too good for that, he should play each round for a big club. But most clubs are well staffed so I thought why not Inter? No Crespo now and of course they have Julio Cruz but he's not as good. Do you think Montella could work at Inter with Bobo?
I know that Bobo would rather have Inzaghi, but being that Montella is actually better, I'd say it could go fine.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
no doubt,he'd like to go to inter rather than sit on the bench.but he's not what inter need,they need someone to get more balls to vieri and montella does not fulfill those requirements.(neither does crespo,which is why he didn't exactly live up to the reputation he had at lazio last season,and maybe also why he was sold).

if they try changing their style abit and do away with the catenaccio,then,and only then, pherhaps there is a chance.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
don't need him.he wouldn't play much with us(unless trez is dropped) and we have dv as a reserve.he'd be too costly salary wise for a 3rd choice striker.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Montella: I Wouldn't Go For Coffee With Capello

09/08/2003. AS Roma commanded more than their fair share of newsprint on Sunday, with Vincenzo Montella's escalating feud with Fabio Capello emerging as the most intriguing story coming out of the Italian capital.

In an interview for 'Il Messaggero', the temperamental forward -who refused to celebrate after coming on as a sub to score the winner against Udinese last weekend- confirmed that his relationship with his coach is still about a galaxy away from being ideal.

"I would not go out for coffee with Capello," he admitted to the newspaper. "Our rapport has improved compared to a few years back and when I retire then maybe we could have dinner together, but certainly not now."

The former Real Madrid coach would not get drawn in to repsonding to Montella's comments, but made headlines himself by suggesting that performance enhancing drugs are getting more and more prevalent in modern football.

"I have seen donkeys turn to thoroughbreds before my very eyes," an admission he made towards 'Sky Italia', is certainly a leading candidate for quote of the week.

In other Giallorossi news, the club's oft-criticized French defender Jonathan Zebina is reportedly mulling over an offer to extend his contract at the Olimpico until 2008, while Aldair's agent explained his client's decision to join Serie B side Genoa instead of Bologna by stating that "he didn't want to face Roma."
SA Italia

soccerage.com;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

i agree that he should move to another club but I dont see why you've mentioned inter as a better destination?!
Inter Already have plenty of options in attack with Kallon, Martins, Cruz, Recoba, and Cruz to partner Bobo. I dont think Losing Crespo is that a big of a deal for Inter.

I think the Ideal place for Montella would be Parma. They are playing in Europe and they Need a player with experience like Montella for two reasons:
1) they Lost Mutu to Chelsea
2) with the Exception of Carbone, all their attackers are very young. (about 22 years or younger)

They need at least 3 good attackers to do damage in serie A and Europe. (Adriano, Gilardino, and Montella is pretty good)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

i agree that he should move to another club but I dont see why you've mentioned inter as a better destination?!
Inter Already have plenty of options in attack with Kallon, Martins, Cruz, Recoba, and Cruz to partner Bobo. I dont think Losing Crespo is that a big of a deal for Inter.

I think the Ideal place for Montella would be Parma. They are playing in Europe and they Need a player with experience like Montella for two reasons:
1) they Lost Mutu to Chelsea
2) with the Exception of Carbone, all their attackers are very young. (about 22 years or younger)

They need at least 3 good attackers to do damage in serie A and Europe. (Adriano, Gilardino, and Montella is pretty good)
Agreed. I'd rather Montella went to Parma than Inter, because he's a decent player and deserves more than rotting on Roma's bench. We could get him to replace Zalayeta :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Mermaidah ] ++

If only Totti played with Juve.....:rolleyes:

:D :D :D
:yuck: As talented as the guy is, I just don't like him... I'd have extreme inner conflict if I had to decide whether to resent Totti or celebrate him scoring for Juve... :yuck:

The only reason I'd bring Totti to Juve is so that he doesn't get to wear the #10 :thumb::p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)