Momo Sissoko (7 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Considering the massive amount of changes our starting 11 has gone through in those 2 season as well might have had a reason for conceding less. Last year, we conceded more and just like the season before when Momo was part he was part of a team that conceded more too.
Of course there are multiple reasons. I don't think I've ever said there aren't.

Andy is the one who said that Momo is partly to blame for us creating (and as a result scoring) little. Again presenting it as a fact, I might add. Yet the numbers seem to tell us a different story.

Don't forget the fact that Momo played (far) less than half of our Serie A games last season. So, even though you both may be right (who knows for sure, honestly), there is absolutely no way to "prove" it with the numbers, since we were better with him than without him, in every possible way. And again, of course that's not only due to Momo's presence, but it does mean that your theory is just that: an unproven theory.

Why don't you say that to Vlatko, too?
Because I don't see him claiming that people who don't agree with him don't understand football. Personally, I think that's uncalled for.

Anyway, we've all made our point (numerous times :D) & we're definitely not going to agree, so we might as well drop it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Osman, BuckF and V :juventus:

some people here suffer from amnesia, have conveniently forgotten that this guy changed our season when he first joined us.

Juventus with an in-form Momo look unbeatable, and his struggles with form and fitness directly impact our team's displays.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Osman, BuckF and V :juventus:

some people here suffer from amnesia, have conveniently forgotten that this guy changed our season when he first joined us.

Juventus with an in-form Momo look unbeatable, and his struggles with form and fitness directly impact our team's displays.
Let's continue to live in the past and not think about our future. :tup:

Let's go ahead and keep our faith in Amauri since he did well his first half season here because of what could happen.

Come to think of it, let's go ahead and bring Ranieri back since he got us into the CL too.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Let's continue to live in the past and not think about our future. :tup:

Let's go ahead and keep our faith in Amauri since he did well his first half season here because of what could happen.

Come to think of it, let's go ahead and bring Ranieri back since he got us into the CL too.
Momo is fundamental to our success...just like Buffon, Chiellini and Del Piero.

Amauri was an expensive mistake.

should've never fired Ranieri in the first place.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And objective and criticism coming from you? Are you freaking kidding me? Do you read the things you post? You instult, belittle and talk shit 99% of the time in your posts. Sorry but that's not constructive criticism. Read the exchange me and Hustini are doing, that's called constructive criticism.
You need to get over yourself. I talk shit to you 99% of the time because I don't like you. Personally, I find you to be one of the most subjective posters on the forum, one who has a knack for being a little twit when it comes to certain player discussions. So no, you're not 99% of the forum, no matter how much you'd like to be. You don't speak for the entire forum either.

If you truly said, "I've said several times that we should sell Amauri because he isn't good enough, bringing in another poacher."; my hats off to you. We can put that on the empty sheet reserved for sensible posts you wrote. I'd appreciate a quote, though. I don't think I've ever said Amauri doesn't try, my beef with him is he doesn't score. Not near enough. But enough of him.

As for the last part, read my reply to Hustini. And I would be the last of all people to criticize strikers who don't score because of a lack of service...I mean really.

And if you blame Sissoko for us not creating chances, than you should really wonder which one of us knows how the game works.
You claimed that I hold double standards in critiquing Sissoko and Amauri. The burden of proof is on YOU. You insinuated that I blame Sissoko for all problems we face. Again, the burden of proof is on YOU.

Yes, I do blame Sissoko for hampering our possession. He's the guy who can't complete passes in a system where the CM needs to be adept at it. A professional footballer should be able to complete simple passes consistently, but he can't do that, never could. Momo was great in his first six months here from a defensive perspective, decent in the following six months, but ever since then he hasn't even been useful defensively. The trend in his performances is down and that needs to be addressed, just like Amauri's form.

But the fact that Amauri is brought up in here proves my point that he receives more shit than necessary. If there was any real evidence in support of Sissoko, then the whole Amauri discussion wouldn't have been brought up. So you're actually destroying the credibility in defending Momo, not providing him support.

But hey, thanks for wasting everyone's time, Vlatko.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And again, of course that's not only due to Momo's presence, but it does mean that your theory is just that: an unproven theory.
It's an unproven theory to state that giving the ball away hampers our possession and creativity going forward? It's unproven that Sissoko doesn't add anything to the team when WE have the ball?

Come on now, that's just not true, Buck. All one needs to do is watch the games. The proof is in the matches.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It's an unproven theory to state that giving the ball away hampers our possession and creativity going forward? It's unproven that Sissoko doesn't add anything to the team when WE have the ball?

Come on now, that's just not true, Buck. All one needs to do is watch the games. The proof is in the matches.
You really don't seem to understand what I'm trying to say.

The proof is not in the matches, the proof is in the results at the end of the day. We scored more & conceded less with Momo in the team. And that's a fact.

And for the umpteenth time, I'm well aware of the fact that it's not only due to Sissoko's presence. I really am.
However, you keep going on about how he hampers our play, when the numbers point in exactly the opposite direction. Which leads me to believe that you come to that conlusion (which is an opinion) because Momo's (and subsequently the team's) style of play is not your own preferred style.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

It depends how you look at it, because he starts off our midfield possession, so if he wins the ball 13 times and loses it 13 times he hasn't nullified anything, it is on par :D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Excellent argument you posted there, Klin. That will leave Ahmed speechless.

:D
I think I've stated multiple times that our decision of sacking Ranieri was a correct one. Not replacing him with a better coach was not though.

It's not my fault you're always lurking in the Amauri thread only. :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think I've stated multiple times that our decision of sacking Ranieri was a correct one. Not replacing him with a better coach was not though.

It's not my fault you're always lurking in the Amauri thread only. :D
Amauri has nothing to do with this :p

But under the circumstances and given whom we brought to replace Ranieri I think we can all agree it would have been better to keep him, no?:analcanon:

PS. This is Sissoko's thread, not Amauri's. :stuckup:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Amauri has nothing to do with this :p

But under the circumstances and given whom we brought to replace Ranieri I think we can all agree it would have been better to keep him, no?:analcanon:

PS. This is Sissoko's thread, not Amauri's. :stuckup:
Amauri has everything to do with you.

I still think that if we remained with Ranieri, we would still have failed. We wouldn't have been as clueless as we were with Ferrara, but the fact that he lost the players' respect inside the dressing room tells a lot.

To stay on topic:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Amauri has everything to do with you. ( :lol:)

I still think that if we remained with Ranieri, we would still have failed. We wouldn't have been as clueless as we were with Ferrara, but the fact that he lost the players' respect inside the dressing room tells a lot.

To stay on topic:

Amauri is not supposed to be discussed here. Stop antagonizing me.:shocked:

Momo used to be boss, not so much now. Chiellini deserves that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The proof is not in the matches, the proof is in the results at the end of the day. We scored more & conceded less with Momo in the team. And that's a fact.
Again, I want to see the numbers backing this assertion.

However, you keep going on about how he hampers our play, when the numbers point in exactly the opposite direction.
But that's statistics for you. They don't always tell the truth, which is common knowledge.

I bet that Blasi looks like the better player than Sissoko from his time with Juventus simply because back then we had a better team.

Which leads me to believe that you come to that conlusion (which is an opinion) because Momo's (and subsequently the team's) style of play is not your own preferred style.
Well, that would lead people to believe that Sissoko's criticism is based on nothing, which it really isn't. I have no problem with playing a destroyer provided we have other good ball players in the team. So that isn't a fair opinion.

At times, it's like 1984 around here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)