Momo Sissoko (8 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Muntari is a much much worse 1 dimensional player yet Mou knows what to do with him.
I don't think Muntari is as poor with the ball as Sissoko, but he is much more brainless, that is for sure.

I have to say I've finally come to terms with what Andy is saying. Momo is a one dimensional, brainless player with no passing ability.
Glad I at least did someone over. :p

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
This guy summed up, totally agreed, except listening to offers bit, Momo is still is and will be one of the best DMs in the world, we just need to play him right, and first and foremost fix this shitty as team so role players like Momo can focus at what they do best, and nothing else.
:tup:

Momo really pissed me off tonight and more than any player had a hand in throwing the game but getting rid of him this summer would be another poor decision by our management.

Breezing over the past few pages I was really disappointed to see some of the comments about African players. Some of them have a tendency to play more fast physical football and are more rough in the tackle than their European counterparts but saying African footballers are stupid or violent is really uncalled for.

Of course there are cunts like Muntari but you find them in every color.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:tup:

Momo really pissed me off tonight and more than any player had a hand in throwing the game but getting rid of him this summer would be another poor decision by our management.
Depends on what the deal is, and who is brought in to reinforce the midfield. People think it's dumb now, and believe my own opinion is dumb now, but what people don't realize is that this player doesn't fix any of our problems. Our major problem is controlling the midfield and Sissoko does nothing to do that.

But hey, if folks want one-dimensional DM's to be granted a starting spot no matter what go right ahead, we've seen how this shit has been a detriment to us in the past, both in Serie A and Europe.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i donno who i'd sell...momo or melo, both had cost us important games and played terrible the whole season. I would start poulsen with marchisio from now on.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Depends on what the deal is, and who is brought in to reinforce the midfield. People think it's dumb now, and believe my own opinion is dumb now, but what people don't realize is that this player doesn't fix any of our problems. Our major problem is controlling the midfield and Sissoko does nothing to do that.
I wouldn't start Momo in any of our remaining games this season, right now he is nothing but a liability but I wouldn't sell him this summer. Next season with the right coach and system that works we will see the same devastating Momo that gave brilliant performances against Inter and Madrid.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I wouldn't start Momo in any of our remaining games this season, right now he is nothing but a liability but I wouldn't sell him this summer. Next season with the right coach and system that works we will see the same devastating Momo that gave brilliant performances against Inter and Madrid.
So that means we have to tweak the system so that we can use one of our most limited players, Momo Sissoko.

That right there is where the logic fails. We shouldn't be using tactics that suit our limited players, but rather use tactics that suit all our players, or at the very least our best players.

I do not consider a player who can't pass the ball one of our best players.

This relying on destroyers in midfield is a disease. We have to get ourselves off this because even Capello's team featured DM's who could at least complete passes in Vieira and Emerson.

Jul 2, 2006
People are asking Sissoko to be sold and 5th choice midfielder :sergio:

Maybe Sissoko is one dimensional but we have a footballer called Poulsen, who is none-dimensional. who is not even a good tackler. Every player could make stupid mistakes, in-form Sissoko is still second best player after Chiellini.

this season C. Zanetti would've been pure gold for us
Another reason to thanks Pukesen.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Poulsen is a better passer than Sissoko and also has more of a brain. I also think he's more tactically sound, but that is not saying much at all.

And this is someone who was against the Poulsen deal from day one and praised the Sissoko transfer at first.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
except marchiso, none of those dm's deserved to wear the bianconero shirt. If we want to be that Juve again we must sell the mediocre players. All of them.

Jul 2, 2006
Poulsen is a better passer than Sissoko and also has more of a brain. I also think he's more tactically sound, but that is not saying much at all.

And this is someone who was against the Poulsen deal from day one and praised the Sissoko transfer at first.
But being better passer doesn't make him better footballer. His passing is slightly better and he is worse in every other aspect of football.

Sissoko recently started to fuck things up like his team-mates but we should not forget his good days. on the other hand Poulsen never had a good day for Juventus. A few ok performances but you can never find a heroic performance from Poulsen.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Poulsen has been better for over five months now.

He is the better footballer as he has more smarts and adds more to the team when we have the ball.

Don't do this again, I don't like defending Poulsen.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Turk :tup:

except marchiso, none of those dm's deserved to wear the bianconero shirt. If we want to be that Juve again we must sell the mediocre players. All of them.
You talk like Marchisio has done anything different? I like him, but he is in the same boat as everyone else this season.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Turk :tup:

You talk like Marchisio has done anything different? I like him, but he is in the same boat as everyone else this season.
I don't really see Marchisio as a defensive midfielder, more like a two-way player. For me he is clearly more comfortable with the ball at his feet. He can't really dribble, but his passing can be good. I have never seen Sissoko/Poulsen/Melo do a pass like the one to Sissoko in the home match against Inter, or to Trezeguet against Bayern.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
I agree with most of you,he's pretty much useless.And i got a feeling those defending him do it for reasons unrelated to football and related to mythical creatures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)