Momo Sissoko (133 Viewers)

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
This thread is turning into ared neck convention :rndh:
He made a stupid mistake for going at Zanettic in such way, but when you are playing professional sport then you only have a split of a second to make a decision. Momo was riding his emotion and playing in an angry manner, which cost him to miscalculate the whole situation and just completely didn't think it through. He was just giving it all today on the field, too bad his all wasn't good enough. Now let's move on to the next game.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I got a warning for this post back in February, 2008.

When we first signed Momo and after watching 5 games of him playing, I immediately knew he's useless. Some people here are just happy to see a brainless guy running after a football player and tackling him so hard even if he cannot leave a pitch with a 50% pass completion!

I'm not saying he's completely useless, but considering the amount of cash we spent to get him and how many people actually thought that Momo is a pillar in our 'future' Juve just makes it pathetic.

I knew the 13 millions we paid for him was one of the worst we invested in a long time, Of course, before witnessing the ~20 millions we paid for Mr. Amauri.

This team is full of players with ZERO intelligence, it's really sad.
Whats useless is stupid ass posts like this, with I told you so's, when you have nothing to say really. Yes Momo has been a horrible investment indeed, lets be revisionistic clowns and forget how totally dominating he has been for us, just because he is struggling in a team that re-defines the essence of shit.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Momo is a devastating player when on his game. Ranieri's tactics obviously got the best out of him, as well as being paired with Zanetti.

Perhaps he can offer us more in another set up, but not with this current Juve team/tactics (I'm not implying that we should change the team/tactics to suit him. Just a general observation)

Regardless, he is hardly the biggest problem with our starting 11 and I still believe he has a future with us. I would definitely listen to offers, but getting rid of Momo is not a priority, unlike so many other players on our team.
This guy summed up, totally agreed, except listening to offers bit, Momo is still is and will be one of the best DMs in the world, we just need to play him right, and first and foremost fix this shitty as team so role players like Momo can focus at what they do best, and nothing else.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Don't agree. No matter what he's going to have to pass the ball. We need to turn a new leaf and bring in midfield players who don't have limited ability in that area.

Absolutely, positively, sick of one-dimensional destroyers.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Look, this club could make Lionel Messi look like Andrea Barzagli at this point. Right now it's hard to separate the stench of individual players from their collective stench as a club.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yes poor passing I agree, but he allways had that in his career, and it never been as exposed as its now, doesnt help him being a confidence player who gets too nervous when things are slow for him, its also because this zero tactics banana republic kinda coaching this club has had this season, totally exposes players with limitations like Momo. It does for everyone, almost all been shit/average, but Momo's type in particular.

There is a reason his poor passing hasnt been much of an issue in his career in general (yes he allways had tendency to give away possession, but in overall allways been acknowledged as highly effective ballwinner for a reason). Thats because he has had competent coaches play him to his strenghts, and that goes beyond it being a 3 man midfield or 2 man midfield IMO, even if that is the drastic change (pressing vs possession). The issue is and will remain to be, that he is YET to play in actual competent 3 man midfield whatsoever. First Ciro, now this fucker. Seriously a bad joke.

Bottomline, his TEAM sucks ass, people say there is no I in team, well this time its the team that has to take the responsibility for being so shitty, and making so many of its class players (Momo ESPECIALLY included, we won all big games with Ranieri BECAUSE Momo chewed their mids raw) look so too.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
The players aren't that bad, the system is totally fucked. We don't have the personal to play such tactics and formation. The 4-3-2-1 keep the players away from each and aren't intact and that's when passing and technical skills become vital. We need to go back to the 4-4-2, where the players are close to each other and don't require to do the tough passes that our players are just aren't capable of. 4-4-2 is just simple and fits what we have. How can you keep possesion ( specially in Midfield) when your players are spread out and need to always pull that extra special pass, when almost 75% of your midfield passing skill is below average, and they can't dribble around a blind man. Coaches need to recognize what they have and work according to that, also management need to buy players that they need and just don't stack CM that all are one dimensional. Management are to blame for all our misery for hiring the wrong people/coaches and buying many average players. Instead of wasting the whole budget on many average players, they could have spent it on few world class ones

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sure, he helped win us some games with his defensive effort, but in others he thwarted our ability to possess the ball and trouble the opposition defense.

In my view, looking at trends in our team and the game in general, along with what our major problems have been over the past six seasons, we need to somehow develop an intelligent midfield that can possess the ball and work its way forward with ease. Unfortunately with Sissoko in there he will always be a hindrance in that regard, and thus why IMO we should go after more technically sound ball-playing mids or two-way mids.

It's going to be tough for some to not see Sissoko in the team, but it has to be done IMO.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Before you blame Sissoko for this defeat some of you might or should try to figure out why he was yellow carded the first time. Because I don't think he did anything wrong. He argued with Motta? Everyone argues with the prick Motta.

He didn't deserve to be sent off. And this game is million times Zach's fault more than Momo.
The first booking was harsh.

However, once he has got a booking, he has to be more sensible and not go diving into challenges the way Sissoko did.

I don't see how Zacc can be blamed. Juve started the game well and were matching Inter. Sissoko getting the red card ruined the entire game plan.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Sure, he helped win us some games with his defensive effort, but in others he thwarted our ability to possess the ball and trouble the opposition defense.

In my view, looking at trends in our team and the game in general, along with what our major problems have been over the past six seasons, we need to somehow develop an intelligent midfield that can possess the ball and work its way forward with ease. Unfortunately with Sissoko in there he will always be a hindrance in that regard, and thus why IMO we should go after more technically sound ball-playing mids or two-way mids.

It's going to be tough for some to not see Sissoko in the team, but it has to be done IMO.
Muntari is a much much worse 1 dimensional player yet Mou knows what to do with him.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The first booking was harsh.

However, once he has got a booking, he has to be more sensible and not go diving into challenges the way Sissoko did.

I don't see how Zacc can be blamed. Juve started the game well and were matching Inter. Sissoko getting the red card ruined the entire game plan.
:tup:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I have to say I've finally come to terms with what Andy is saying. Momo is a one dimensional, brainless player with no passing ability.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Whats useless is stupid ass posts like this, with I told you so's, when you have nothing to say really.
A stupid ass post might be a golden post for others and vice versa. I had something to say and I made my point clear unlike the golden mumbling of yours.

(yes he allways had tendency to give away possession, but in overall allways been acknowledged as highly effective ballwinner for a reason).
So you're telling me he has tendency to misplace a lot of passes and made for that by winning some balls and losing possession again? How's that useful? It looks like a closed circuit for me.

As I said earlier, he isn't completely useless but he's not an important player for an ambitious side just like a lot of players on the team list. If we get a good offer, we should sell him. I'm sure anyone who knows how this game is played agrees. It's simple, a guy who cannot pass a ball like a football player has no room in a strong side midfield.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
And he was wrong anyway because Momo's first season was pretty good. So why didn't he make that post two years ago?

He was wrong, that's why.
No, I wasn't.

Did I mention that I got a warning for that post? I wrote that and post it on a page full of praise to 'The New Destroyer' who wins possession and loses it with his next move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)