Momo Sissoko (49 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Understatement of the season. :D
:D

This is another one of those pitfalls with the system. If we played with a diamond midfield, Sissoko wouldn't have to make those long balls where his skill is exposed.
That is true... the man does seem like he's always borderline out of control with the ball... and those passes... they just destroy our flow. We've all seen him make some pretty nice plays with the ball, but they're definitely more the exception and not the rule, as it were.

A couple of weeks ago, I was worried about a system change because I didn't want to upset the momentum - players seemed comfortable in their roles, the system seemed to be carrying us through the injury problems, and we were playing pretty darn good football (pre-break).

Now that our momentums shot to shit, I'm not sure what we should play. If Giorgio hadn't gotten hurt again, I would say get another striker out there, or play with the Treq but we may need more support for our extremely suspect D.

The flip side is that our wide mids are so terrible right now at both ends of the pitch, that we might as well just get our best attackers out there and see how many goals we can score.

Why is our board so shortsighted/ridiculously stubborn/stingy? It's been obvious for such a long time that Giorgio is the lynchpin of our D, and when he goes down things fall apart.

Chelsea is going to flat out rape our current defense. I couldn't help but wake up this morning feeling like our team is completely hooped. What a rough 8 days this has been. Gotta keep the faith boys... we shall overcome.

Time to prey that our board pulls off a miracle today...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:D

That is true... the man does seem like he's always borderline out of control with the ball... and those passes... they just destroy our flow. We've all seen him make some pretty nice plays with the ball, but they're definitely more the exception and not the rule, as it were.

A couple of weeks ago, I was worried about a system change because I didn't want to upset the momentum - players seemed comfortable in their roles, the system seemed to be carrying us through the injury problems, and we were playing pretty darn good football (pre-break).

Now that our momentums shot to shit, I'm not sure what we should play. If Giorgio hadn't gotten hurt again, I would say get another striker out there, or play with the Treq but we may need more support for our extremely suspect D.

The flip side is that our wide mids are so terrible right now at both ends of the pitch, that we might as well just get our best attackers out there and see how many goals we can score.

Why is our board so shortsighted/ridiculously stubborn/stingy? It's been obvious for such a long time that Giorgio is the lynchpin of our D, and when he goes down things fall apart.

Chelsea is going to flat out rape our current defense. I couldn't help but wake up this morning feeling like our team is completely hooped. What a rough 8 days this has been. Gotta keep the faith boys... we shall overcome.

Time to prey that our board pulls off a miracle today...
The trident would make much more sense to use as we have the players for it. If you don't have the sort of players to use a system, then there is no point in trying to do so. The trident makes sense for us as we have great strikers and solid players in midfield, although we would have to use De Ceglie as left-back, which I have no qualms about watching Molinaro every week.

People seem to think that 4-4-2 is the best option for us because of how it works defensively. Well, we have seen how much Marchionni adds defensively, so using the 4-3-3 wouldn't be detrimental to the side.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
The trident would make much more sense to use as we have the players for it. If you don't have the sort of players to use a system, then there is no point in trying to do so. The trident makes sense for us as we have great strikers and solid players in midfield, although we would have to use De Ceglie as left-back, which I have no qualms about watching Molinaro every week.

People seem to think that 4-4-2 is the best option for us because of how it works defensively. Well, we have seen how much Marchionni adds defensively, so using the 4-3-3 wouldn't be detrimental to the side.
I think the argument that our D needs support is, in theory, a reasonable one. Unfortunately, by tying ourselves to this system some of our more talented players have trouble finding space in the lineup, while some of our depth guys are playing waaay too much... and now we're playing terribly. With Trez feeling pretty healthy again, it's time to shake things up a bit.

Our strength is certainly our attackers. I was definitely screaming for the trident (and the purchase of AT LEAST one other defender) in the preseason, but in true Ranieri fashion, we have very rarely deviated from the 4-4-2. So much for his fucking chameleon Juventus.

Well, it's basically all on the line now, and I agree that the argument can easily be made that our personnel no longer really satisfies the current system. Either Pavel or Marco need to take a seat... or, dare I say it, possibly both of them. Obviously removing them both is very risky, potentially stupid, but their play has been completely underwhelming.

This is pretty farfetched, but I'd like to test a midfield of DC, Momo, and Marchisio... young, inexperienced, but undeniably talented. I'm not saying it would work, I know it sounds a bit crazy, guys are in positions that are foreign, but I'd actually really like to see what it looks like.

I understand that uttering these words means that a bunch of people are about to tell me how retarded I am. Fair enough... haha. It does represent a total departure from what we've been doing..

How much longer is Camo out? Man, do we ever miss him...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The coach isn't the one choosing who to take a Pk and when to do it. He doesn't know who is psychologically ready atm to take a Pk and he isn't the one working with them on Pks during trainings.

Last night for example, Pessotto and the players were deciding who to take the Pks and in what order.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Душан;1890399 said:
I said the same when I saw Nedved.
But you thought so too about Marchionni, didn't you? :p

Honestly, i had a feeling that Sissoko will miss and i was afraid from Trez's penalty. I was pretty sure that DP, Marco, Nedved and Legro will score their pks, but i was wrong about Neddy.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
But you thought so too about Marchionni, didn't you? :p

Honestly, i had a feeling that Sissoko will miss and i was afraid from Trez's penalty. I was pretty sure that DP, Marco, Nedved and Legro will score their pks, but i was wrong about Neddy.
I didn't comment for Marco :D

No but really,I knew Nedved will miss it and I told it to my brother while he thought Legro is going to miss it.

We were both like :pumpkin: when we saw Momo taking the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)